[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Companies you've had bad experiences with...

Guest THEbigred

Guest THEbigred

Chase Manhatten Mortgage: first the WORST customer service I have ever experienced (when I get can it, ie not be put on hold forever after going through a billion phone menus). Second they have screwed up my acct more than once.

AT&T: speaking of horrific customer service...

others?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so much bad experiences but, I deliver food product (Sysco foodservice) to many resturaunts. That means that I have been in many, many kitchens and food storage rooms. (you know, the parts the avg customer does not see). There are many popular resturaunts that I would not eat a free meal in, let alone pay for one! :D

For the poker players here... I have had some BAD customer service from the Party Poker site. If you can use someone else, it would make me feel great to know that I could influence people in a way that would cost them some business.

Capital One. Bottom feeders of the financial world... I have severed all business with them (credit cards) and will never go back.

Chase car leases. A complete clusterf***, forcing me to write monthly checks because they couldn't get direct debit right. Thankfully I own the car now and don't need to do business with them any more.

MCI - twice raised my cents per minute rate without telling me and hoping I wouldn't notice. Not with them any more.

Chase Manhatten Mortgage:  first the WORST customer service I have ever experienced (when I get can it, ie not be put on hold forever after going through a billion phone menus).  Second they have screwed up my acct more than once.

AT&T:  speaking of horrific customer service...

others?

1294463[/snapback]

From my experience over 30 years it's Bank of America.

Oh and Alltel cellphone service.

Edited by Randall

SBC, Dish Network and any other friggin company that I have yet to encounter that outsources their customer service to India!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

You can not understand these people and they are worthless in helping...I'd rather sit and listen to a recording then argue with them!!!

MCI - twice raised my cents per minute rate without telling me and hoping I wouldn't notice.  Not with them any more.

1294490[/snapback]

Hey, can't blame a guy for trying, plus when I saw you in the system, I just had to.

But fret not, MCI is no longer, now we are verizon.

Hey, can't blame a guy for trying, plus when I saw you in the system, I just had to.

But fret not, MCI is no longer, now we are verizon.

1294526[/snapback]

It was pre-Bernie Scandal, maybe before your time. Besides, I doubt a network security guy is setting my LD rates. :D

I have Verizon cell phone, excellent service - MCI will be able to screw that up shortly, I imagine. :D

Charter Digital Cable. I ordred service in Oct. and I've only had working service for a month total since. It takes them 2 weeks to get out to address the problem but as soon as I told them I was cancelling they said they could have someone out the next day. Complete BS.

Circuit City - They managed to screw up a purchase of mine and had absolutely no interest in making the situation right or even compromising. The fact that the customer service outfit was Indian based didn't help things. It wasn't that they were hard to understand, it's just that they had no ability to deviate from script and negotiate. I also was "disconnected" twice and lied to a few more times. Basically, they made it clear that they didn't want my business. Wish granted.

SBC

You can not understand these people and they are worthless in helping...I'd rather sit and listen to a recording then argue with them!!!

1294514[/snapback]

Yup, feel your pain. SBC was overcharging us. Kept saying they would correct it and credit the account. Took em' three months to get their crap together. :D Yes, I did get my account credited, but it took a few temper tantrums to do it. They just did not want to admit they were wrong.

HP. No complaints with their all-in-one printer, but I've had two of their iPaq's. First one... screen broke, normal use. Second one (thankfully Best Buy replaced the first).... screen's broken again, normal use. HP's customer service sucks royal asz.

Comcast has grown into a successful company and I've heard some say they're great, but they were complete returds when I had to ditch my DirecTV service for a year.

Comcast Cable.  The worst part about it is that I have no other option.  If I don't have Comcast, I can't watch the Flyers or Sixers games.  On-Demand has never worked correctly.

1294565[/snapback]

My On-Demand malfunctions often too. Their only solution is to swap out the box... but I got the impression that that wouldn't work. Their DVR software is buggy too. I've had a number of weird corrupted recordings and stuff.

Oh, and their installers purposely and needlessly ruined the wiring for my DirecTV system. Instead of unscrewing the coax wires, they cut them a foot from the screw connection. Dicks.

But, I haven't had any problems with them other than that. :D

SBC, Dish Network and any other friggin company that I have yet to encounter that outsources their customer service to India!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

1294514[/snapback]

yeah, about that. there are hundreds, more than likely thousands of companies that outsource to India for customer service and other jobs.

yeah, about that. there are hundreds, more than likely thousands of companies that outsource to India for customer service and other jobs.

1294699[/snapback]

An high percentage of your health insurance claims are processed in India, the Philippines, and Mexico.

Not so much bad experiences but, I deliver food product (Sysco foodservice) to many resturaunts.  That means that I have been in many, many kitchens and food storage rooms. (you know, the parts the avg customer does not see).  There are many popular resturaunts that I would not eat a free meal in, let alone pay for one! :D

1294475[/snapback]

I have the same issue; lots of times my friends want to go to restaurant x and I generally will try to get them to change their minds withou saying "the kitchen is filthy"

My On-Demand malfunctions often too.  Their only solution is to swap out the box... but I got the impression that that wouldn't work.  Their DVR software is buggy too.  I've had a number of weird corrupted recordings and stuff.

1294693[/snapback]

Same problem recently with TW cable. They use Scientific Atalnta DVRs and the software isn't even complete (one function was listed as "future enhancement", which rendered the port useless). Couple of programs recorded themselves twice and overwrote another, plus I had a HD go bad on one.