[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Companies you've had bad experiences with...

Guest THEbigred

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One I had trouble with was AT&T.

Kept putting in bogus or misapplied charges. I call and they say they will fix it, but I still see afterward that they are still charging those and did not erase those previous false charges.

Recently, US Bank. They run NWAs Worldperks CC and they've started applying late charges even when you've mailed the check a week in advance of the due date. I suspect they're receiving the envelopes but not posting the checks for a couple days to try to get some extra money. Providential (or something like that) did the same thing a few years ago.

Wouldn't buy from Sears if they were the last retailer on earth.

1294748[/snapback]

20 years ago, we bought 7-8 things from Sears. Before the summer was over, we returned them all. They used to have great tools, well maybe not great tools, but their warranty was second to none and conveniant, but that ended when a neighbor of mine told me his ratchet broke and instead of giving him a new one, they gave him the parts to fix it. :D

From my experience over 30 years it's Bank of America.

Oh and Alltel cellphone service.

1294505[/snapback]

I've been banking with them for 10 years and have never once had a problem. We have our corporate account with Alltel and have no problems there either.

Recently, US Bank.  They run NWAs Worldperks CC and they've started applying late charges even when you've mailed the check a week in advance of the due date.  I suspect they're receiving the envelopes but not posting the checks for a couple days to try to get some extra money.  Providential (or something like that) did the same thing a few years ago.

1294770[/snapback]

I used to think Citibank was doing that to me. Charging me late fees while my check moved from their dock to their sort room to receivables as slowly as they wanted. You can't tell me that I can mail a letter from Colorado to Connecticut and it gets there in 2 days... but it takes 8 days to get to Delaware. :D

AT&T...no surprise there since the guy that ran Crapital One went there and fubared the place.

Comcast...gimme four more months to move to the sticks and I'm on Direct TV.

Nationwide...is not on your side.

Home Depot...they've probably lost out on $30k+ business from me building my house since they are idjuts.

I used to think Citibank was doing that to me.  Charging me late fees while my check moved from their dock to their sort room to receivables as slowly as they wanted.  You can't tell me that I can mail a letter from Colorado to Connecticut and it gets there in 2 days... but it takes 8 days to get to Delaware. :D

1294880[/snapback]

Another excellent trick is to shift the payment date around. I've had US Bank CC statements with the due date anywhere between the 3rd and the 9th. No pattern at all, it's just random.

COMP USA in Manhattan ...takes a year and a day to get help ...you have to pay for item first then wait on yet another line (Customer service ) to pick up the item ...i had one case where i paid for an item and by the time i got to customer service they had no more left ...Nightmare :D

Chase car leases.  A complete clusterf***, forcing me to write monthly checks because they couldn't get direct debit right.  Thankfully I own the car now and don't need to do business with them any more.

MCI - twice raised my cents per minute rate without telling me and hoping I wouldn't notice.  Not with them any more.

1294490[/snapback]

we had trouble with SBC also.... f'n crooks and for awile they were the only ones we could get.... as soon as that changed we switched and SBC comes back and says tey will reiburse us if we switch back..... i tell them to go jump in a pig lot

we had trouble with SBC also.... f'n crooks and for awile they were the only ones we could get.... as soon as that changed we  switched and SBC comes back and says tey will reiburse us if we switch back..... i tell them to go jump in a pig lot

1295037[/snapback]

:D

We're stuck with them too, for a little while longer. We're going to ditch them the first chance we get.

Another excellent trick is to shift the payment date around.  I've had US Bank CC statements with the due date anywhere between the 3rd and the 9th.  No pattern at all, it's just random.

1294939[/snapback]

Citibank does that to me. They're favorite gimmick is to move a payment due date to a national holiday (obvioiusly no mail) after a weekend. If I don't pay close attention and check the calendar, I run the risk of a late fee. :D:D

Continental Airlines - bad lost baggage stories and miserably poor customer service.  I'll never fly with them.

1294521[/snapback]

NEVER had a single problem with Continental and I used to fly in excess of 20,000miles per month when i was traveling(i mean living in hotels)

PIZZA HUT will never purchase from them again...if you like STAPLES in your PIZZA then have at it

I've been banking with them for 10 years and have never once had a problem.  We have our corporate account with Alltel and have no problems there either.

1294774[/snapback]

You're lucky and in the minority. Altel's customer service is terrible. Don't even bother calling you are on hold for ages and then when they say they'll fix something it rarely gets done.

If you are happy with the service and never need support they are fine.

Alltel complaints

Recently for me I would have to say Boscov's department store. We purchased 4K worth of furniture from them on Oct. 7th and were told it would take 6-8 weeks to deliver. We also received 12 months of 0% financing from the dte of purchase. By the end of Nov., which was 8 weeks, still no word on the status of the furniture. Mid-dec still no word on this was 10 weeks since we bought it. We finally get a call the week between Christmas and New Years saying they have it but it will have to wait until after the 1st of the year to be delivered. I called 2 or 3 times and spoke with Customer service and they assured we they could extend the 0% financing for 2 more months since I had already made 3 payments before I even received my furniture. After receving my next statement it keeps saying 0% until Oct 06 and they never changed. I just called again last week and was told by a supervisor that they can't extend it past purchase date. I told them that the furniture took 14-15 weeks instead of 6-8 and they said that isn't their fault blah.....blah...blah. I was so pissed I just hung the phone up on her in mid-sentence. I told them I would never buy from them again and recommend to anyone else that will listen to never buy from them again.

My issue is with model 6906. After my problems I have learned of a well known bad reputation with these. I did recieve this info concerning the .40 from another enthusiast.

Our local police dept. had the Smith&wesson 6906 pistols as thier duty weapons for some time until they had the same jamming problem they have since traded to the Glock model 22 40 S&W  which I own myself and HIGHLY recommend. they may be ugly but they shoot any they are reliable I hope this helps 

I've had a Comcast digital DVR box since they came out and never had an issue with it. Maybe the give the good ones to employees. :D The only screwy thing is a program that says it was recorded in 1989 at the end of the saved programs list. Can't delete it, just sits there. :D

Stop badmouthing BofA. PSULions will be in here trying to sell you on how good they are. :D

I just flew US Airways to Cancun in December. I will never, never, never fly with them again. Horrible communication. Worse customer service. They suck.

I will also never own another Dodge as long as I live. I had a car where the power steering gear would start popping when you turn. Had to have it fixed SEVEN times. The first few were under warranty. Crappy, crappy, crappy product.

Edited by CaptainHook

I just flew US Airways to Cancun in December.  I will never, never, never fly with them again.  Horrible communication.  Worse customer service.  They suck.

I will also never own another Dodge as long as I live.  I had a car where the power steering gear would start popping when you turn.  Had to have it fixed SEVEN times.  The first few were under warranty.  Crappy, crappy, crappy product.

1295437[/snapback]

I agree 100% on USAirways, their customer service is garbage. Ever since their strike a couple of years back on the holidays, their service has gone into the toilet.

I actually had an employee at the gate tell me that he thought the poor attitude he put forth was justified, because they hadn't received raises. Charlotte is USAirs main hub, and they put their worst foot forward here.

My wifes company flies with them and she racks up the flyer miles, so we still do most of our flying with them. I'm willing to deal with shatty customer service to fly on the cheap.