[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ACC Monday

PantherDave

Well the Pack fought off a very game Clemson team yesterday, a win it needed after it's sleepwalk vs the Hall. However, on a positive note, the conf record is 5-2. I look for the Hall loss to drop the Pack to 18th-19th in the polls.

With Duke's and State's non-conf loses, the ACC conf RPI drops to third. Nice win by the Heels vs ARZ to stop the slide.

Duke @ BC tonite, should be a good one!

My Terps play NC @ home Thursday, then its off to NC State SB Sunday. Not feeling too good about that one  :doah:

1299005[/snapback]

After the heels home loss to miami and road loss to virginia, we really need to get the better of the turtle at home.

Edited by billay

Whoah, shows what I know  :D Close game!

MD & UNC TONITE!!!!

1300757[/snapback]

They needed the gut check at Clemson, and then vs UVa. This team is poised for one of the better seasons in Pack History, but the second half of conf play looms now, but at 6-2 the Pack holds all the cards.

:D

It was a sloppy game that the Terps gave away.  As many turnovers as UNC had, MD should have won that game.  Terps could execute or make free-throws.

1302247[/snapback]

MD was pathetic last nite. :D Now its off to NC State, man that aint gonna be pretty :D

Frankly, Gary Williams needs to get back to his recruiting roots. Williams used to take on the guys nobody really wanted; they werent the most highly touted players, but they were all about heart and determination. What can you say about the current bunch?

Hats off to UNC, they just kept comin'.

7 Feb 06, 9PM, Dean Dome

We find out if Blue Devils have a team.

Go DUKE!

1304390[/snapback]

Dook Sucks!

Seriously though, Duke is very solid this year, not outstanding, but very sold. And they ought to be with 2 Senior all americans. Reddick and Williams will be very hard to replace. Getting Nelson back this week helps their depth as they were running a 6 man rotation. You can do that for a while, but it bites you in the ass come tournament time. Reddick may have to be carefull too. He is carrying the load this year, and he's playing 40 minutes a game. It only take 1 game in the tourney when you are tired, don't shoot well, and Dook goes home. And let's be honest, anything less than a National Championship for Duke this year is a failure.

This will be a very tough game for the heels, obviously. I am looking forward to seeing how Roy decides to defend Reddick. The heels will have to play an almost perfect game to win, minimize their mistakes, and shoot really well. We play pretty good "d" but that doesn't really bother Reddick. Shelden has had a lot of difficulty defending quality interior men this year and I hope that continues against Hansbrough. If we can keep it close until the last 5 minutes or so, we have a chance.

I think that Paulus has some game that has been overshadowed by his attempt to find his nitch. If JJ ever stumbles I think he will come on.

Am really surprised by the ability of Roy to take over a program in shambles, thanks to Duh, and produce quality teams. I always thought he was a favorite pupil of Dean Smith with unproved abilities.

I think that Paulus has some game that has been overshadowed by his attempt to find his nitch.  If JJ ever stumbles I think he will come on.

Am really surprised by the ability of Roy to take over a program in shambles, thanks to Duh, and produce quality teams.  I always thought he was a favorite pupil of Dean Smith with unproved abilities.

1304481[/snapback]

Paulus is a talented kid, no doubt. But he's not going to start dropping 40 on people any time soon. K is a great coach (I dislike him, but he is a great college coach) and Duke will be next year like Carolina is this year, very young.

McRoberts is having a lot of trouble and I'm beginning to wonder if this is the system Duke is running or if it has something to do with Shelden Williams. McRoberts reminds me a lot of Shavlik, and everybody know how Shav struggled at Duke.

As for Roy, I couldn't be happier. The guy is a class act, and you're right, he the #1 Deam Smith disciple. He represents everything that is good about college basketball. Now that he's at a monster program like UNC the recruits are going to flock to him. It's 1 thing to try to convince a kid to go to Kansas. It's quite something else to recruit for UNC. Look at the class we have coming in next year. I'm telling you, take your shots at us while you can this year as we are going to be super talented next year and as deep as the ocean. Give us 2 more years and we'll be a perennial national championship contender.

I must say I've been a little suprised with Md's struggles.  This is a veteran team isn't it?

1303474[/snapback]

They DO have a veteran team...unfortunately most of the veterans are crappy :doah:

They DO have a veteran team...unfortunately most of the veterans are crappy  :doah:

1306255[/snapback]

Terps played hard today-gave me a scare, but the thread seems positive, so I'll try to post "ACC Weekly" instead of "ACC Monday"-every week to discuss the past week and the one coming up-Peace PD.

Terps played hard today-gave me a scare, but the thread seems positive, so I'll try to post "ACC Weekly" instead of "ACC Monday"-every week to discuss the past week and the one coming up-Peace PD.

1306562[/snapback]

It was the same terp team today (Sunday) that played UNC earlier in the week. they forced some turnovers but couldn't rebound and execute in the half court. it's going to be a long month for the terps if they keep playing like this.

McRoberts is having a lot of trouble and I'm beginning to wonder if this is the system Duke is running or if it has something to do with Shelden Williams.  McRoberts reminds me a lot of Shavlik, and everybody know how Shav struggled at Duke.

:doah: As a Duke fan, McRoberts frustrates me to no end. Scouts said this guy was a potential lottery pick if he went pro last year and I read one article (Chad Ford?) that said he'd be a better version of Mike Dunleavy. Well, I really don't see this. He's really struggled with the transition. I swear, Duke gets the worst All-Americans ever.

I think Duke is making a big mistake not playing the freshmen heavily now to get them game experience. They're downfall will be that they're too reliant on JJ for O and that they can get mauled on the glass, like FL St. did to them. Nelson is a huge part to that team, they need him healthy. I'd start JJ, Sheldon, Nelson, Paulus and either Boateng/Boykin, whichever rebounds/defends better. Don't need O out of that spot when playing with the other starters. Then bring Melcionni, Pocius and McRoberts off the bench for extra O when Dockery is running the point. And bang, there's your 9 man rotation. I don't know why they continue to start Melcionni (who sucks) and not play 3 of the freshmen.

Oh well, looking forward to the game tonight regardless.

Melchioni has really struggled this year. Maybe because he's lost that x-factor of having little to no expectations from him. IMO, he is the reason that Duke is only winning games by 5-10 points instead of 15-25. Melchioni would come in and go 4-6 from 3 and be the difference in the game.

I heard a lot of the McRoberts hype before the season started too, and it's obvious that he can't hold a candle to Tyler. I really do attribute it to the way Coach K views the 4 role in that system. You're expected to set screens and rebound, but get absolutely no plays called for you on the offensive end.

Duke will struggle next near without JJ and Shelden, but Coach K will whip his boys into shape. They will still be solid, but not dominant.

As for tonight, I know I have been talking a lot of trash, but I do think the heels have a shot. We must take care of the ball and shoot well. If we hit some threes we will be in it . We have nothing to lose. Duke has nothing to gain.

Melchioni has really struggled this year.  Maybe because he's lost that x-factor of having little to no expectations from him.  IMO, he is the reason that Duke is only winning games by 5-10 points instead of 15-25.  Melchioni would come in and go 4-6 from 3 and be the difference in the game.

I heard a lot of the McRoberts hype before the season started too, and it's obvious that he can't hold a candle to Tyler.  I really do attribute it to the way Coach K views the 4 role in that system.  You're expected to set screens and rebound, but get absolutely no plays called for you on the offensive end.

Duke will struggle next near without JJ and Shelden, but Coach K will whip his boys into shape.  They will still be solid, but not dominant.

As for tonight, I know I have been talking a lot of trash, but I do think the heels have a shot.  We must take care of the ball and shoot well.  If we hit some threes we will be in it .  We have nothing to lose.  Duke has nothing to gain.

1311318[/snapback]

This game will be fun to watch, I am really looking forward to it! :D

Taking Care of Business part 1

Next time at Cameron

1312736[/snapback]

What a game! UNC battled all the way back from 17 down to take the lead late, albeit briefly.

Reddick is a monster.

Duke @ MD Saturday, 1:00 PM :D