[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oops!

Piranha

Link

:D

Museum visitor trips, breaks Chinese vases

Monday, January 30, 2006

CAMBRIDGE, England (AP) -- A museum visitor shattered three Qing dynasty Chinese vases when he tripped on his shoelace, stumbled down a stairway and brought the vases crashing to the floor, officials said Monday.

The three vases, dating from the late 17th or early 18th century, had been donated to The Fitzwilliam Museum in the university city of Cambridge in 1948, and were among its best-known artifacts. They had been sitting proudly on the window sill beside the staircase for 40 years.

"It was a most unfortunate and regrettable accident, but we are glad that the visitor involved was able to leave the museum unharmed," said Duncan Robinson, the Fitzwilliam's director.

The museum declined to identify the man who had tripped on a loose shoelace Wednesday.

Asked about the porcelain vases, Margaret Greeves, the museum's assistant director, said: "They are in very, very small pieces, but we are determined to put them back together."

The museum declined to say what the vases were worth.

Who trips on a loose shoelace besides elementary school kids and Wiggers with their pants half-way down to their knees? :D

I'm sure the museum has plenty of insurance for pieces like that, but they should make the guy sweat for a while anyway.

Wiggers with their pants half-way down to their knees? 

1295808[/snapback]

On the Minneapolis light rail yesterday, I saw a guy whose pants topped out at his knees, I kid you not. F'n hilarious, it was as much as I could do to stop myself from :D