[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BEER CLUB

Azazello1313

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went to the liquor store and picked up:

6-pack of stone IPA

pint of samuel smith's india ale

750 ml of stone ruination IPA

got into the six-pack of stone a little early last night, and all i can say is that's a dam good choice for an american IPA. excellent beer.

to whet everyone's appetite, here's a nice little article on the history of the style.

I'm in. Don't think I"ve seen stone IPA at the local but ya never know, I might just be overlookin it. I know that Sierra Nevada is here though...

so I'm supposed to have some Stone on Thursday at 10?

Edited by loaf

I'm in. I'll see what's available in my area. I'm not typically an IPA drinker, but I'll give it a shot. I've been on a Newcastle kick for awhile, so a change might do me good. :D

Edited by Egret

Youngs is available all over I believe.  Other then micros and regional varities, pickings are kind of slim for stouts which will be widely available.

1316705[/snapback]

yeah. sierra nevada stout ain't bad, that might be an option. and i do believe mackesons is fairly widely available.

how many of you guys get beers from north coast brewery? they make a good russian imperial stout, rasputin something or other.

Figures. I couldn't find either one. :D

Stone IPA isn't distributed in MN (or anywhere close to here), and I checked 3 different liquor stores, if they didn't have Sam Smiths IPA, then it ain't here either. All 3 stores have a great selection of beers too. I did find some substitutes though:

Sierra Nevada IPA (yes, they have an IPA)

and for the import I found Bellhaven Twisted Thistle IPA from Scotland.

Would it be OK to join in anyways? Otherwise I'm drinking alone. Just me and the Wild game.

I also managed to scrounge up a bottle of each of the following:

Shipyard IPA

Bridgeport IPA

Summit IPA

Red Hook IPA

Mojo IPA

Edited by SeductiveNun