[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

pet friggin peeves!

dmarc117

1. People who speed up to stop you from changing lanes or merging because it would cause them to slow down for a second.

1301155[/snapback]

People that intentionally speed up so u can't get over(even w/blinker)

1301159[/snapback]

Hear me now and believe me later:

Those people never... ever keep me from getting into that lane.

If your front bumper is in front of their front bumper... just go. Trust me... they WILL hit the brakes rather than plow into the side of your car. I like to pretend that I don't see them. Sometimes I get flipped off... but who is the real chalupa, me or them?

Nobody can ever keep you from merging. Ever. As long as you aren't scared. It's the truth.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i posted in one of these a while back.... in a nutshell:

people oblivious to their surroundings (other people around them). this can be in stores- wandering aimlessly not knowing they are taking up the entire ailse; can block you from getting a certain item; walking without caution around corners; don't hold door open for you (and no "thank you" when you do for them)

on the road- merging without signaling; left turn from right lane; quickly turn in front of you, but drive slower; "camping" in the left lane; 2 lanes available... you need to make a right... car going straight stays in right lane; people who drive slow in the left lane...actually get over...but then speed up; "worms" who just have to get 2-3 ahead out of turn

Telemarketers

Door-to-door salesmen

Panhandlers

"Loud" advertisements

Someone in front of me in a checkout line who decide after the whole purchase is rung up that they are doing to pay by check then start digging for the checkbook and slowly write everything in.

Edited by Big John

Telemarketers

Door-to-door salesmen

Panhandlers

"Loud" advertisements

Someone in front of me in a checkout line who decide after the whole purchase is rung up that they are doing to pay by check then start digging for the checkbook and slowly write everything in.

1301299[/snapback]

I hate that.

i posted in one of these a while back.... in a nutshell:

people oblivious to their surroundings (other people around them).  this can be in stores- wandering aimlessly not knowing they are taking up the entire ailse; can block you from getting a certain item; walking without caution around corners; don't hold door open for you (and no "thank you" when you do for them)

on the road- merging without signaling; left turn from right lane; quickly turn in front of you, but drive slower; "camping" in the left lane; 2 lanes available... you need to make a right... car going straight stays in right lane; people who drive slow in the left lane...actually get over...but then speed up; "worms" who just have to get 2-3 ahead out of turn

1301247[/snapback]

Exactly. People are so oblivious. Just don't care. Ugh. :D

I hate the guy who orders 17 sandwiches from Subway right before me in line. I want to kill him. It happens all the time to me. "Sandwich one must have 6 pickles, 3 tomatoes and NO cheese." :D

I hate people who won't wave "thanks" when you wave them through an intersection.

It was mentioned, but I hate the guy who tries to take out a mortgage through the drive-thru window at a bank.

This was mentioned too, but chicks with a gut wearing belly shirts or low rise pants.

I hate people who door ding cars the most. I've had to have about 8 of those things taken out of my truck. Pisses me off to no end. Finally caught one the other day and took their insurance info. They were getting ready to drive off.

And I know that "sagging" you pants is cool, or used to be, but the guys who wear their pants completely below their butts are total idiots. Went in the grocery yesterday and one of the check-out guys pants are belted below his hindquarter so he has to waddle when he walks. He's got about 2 feet of jean material bulked up around his ankles. Stupid.

Edited by CaptainHook

People who, rather than waiting for traffic to clear before turning, just turn into the turn lane. They then proceed to drive for a block or so while still in the turn lane, before finally merging into traffic. Basically, they use the turn lane as a "merge lane," preventing anyone coming from the other direction from being able to use that turn lane. Just once, I'd like to see two idiots do that from opposite directions and have a head-on collision. I'd rather that they didn't die or anything, but totalling both cars might teach them to wait the 5-10 seconds next time.

Just a few of mine...

At the gym:

Guys in spandex :D

People who count reps out loud and/or grunt when lifting

People who dont wipe up the equipment after their sweaty hindquarter was on it

At the store:

People who go to the checkout before they are really sure if they want to buy, then stand there holding up the line while they make up their mind

People who insist on not only paying by check, but then balance their friggin checkbook right there.

At work:

People who sit in their cube and yak on their cell all day

Upper management who deny raises/promotions cause it will affect their bonus

In general:

Bad pet owners

Bad parents

Bad drivers

People who are oblivious to what's going on around them(as others have already said)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just a few of mine...

At the gym:

Guys in spandex :D

People who count reps out loud and/or grunt when lifting 

People who dont wipe up the equipment after their sweaty hindquarter was on it

At the store:

People who go to the checkout before they are really sure if they want to buy, then stand there holding up the line while they make up their mind

People who insist on not only paying by check, but then balance their friggin checkbook right there.

At work:

People who sit in their cube and yak on their cell all day

Upper management who deny raises/promotions cause it will affect their bonus   

In general:

Bad pet owners

Bad parents

Bad drivers

People who are oblivious to what's going on around them(as others have already said)

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

1301499[/snapback]

Napolean Dynomite? Is that were you got your screen name?

I hate the guy who orders 17 sandwiches from Subway right before me in line.  I want to kill him.  It happens all the time to me.  "Sandwich one must have 6 pickles, 3 tomatoes and NO cheese."  :D

I hate people who won't wave "thanks" when you wave them through an intersection.

It was mentioned, but I hate the guy who tries to take out a mortgage through the drive-thru window at a bank.

This was mentioned too, but chicks with a gut wearing belly shirts or low rise pants.

I hate people who door ding cars the most.  I've had to have about 8 of those things taken out of my truck.  Pisses me off to no end.  Finally caught one the other day and took their insurance info.  They were getting ready to drive off.

And I know that "sagging" you pants is cool, or used to be, but the guys who wear their pants completely below their butts are total idiots.  Went in the grocery yesterday and one of the check-out guys pants are belted below his hindquarter so he has to waddle when he walks.  He's got about 2 feet of jean material bulked up around his ankles.  Stupid.

1301440[/snapback]

These are all good, too, Captain. I will add anyone(expecially professional athletes) that wear hats cocked to the side or sideways. And if they have their ears tucked into the hat... :D

you are walking down the hall or street, there's only you and the other person, and they don't give you any eye contact or even a greeting nod. what are they, freakin' robots?

say hello to people. it will make you feel better. was it george or kramer who wanted everyone to wear nametags? they were on to something there ...

Yes sir. Jacked it from the movie. Not sure why, but when he said that line I just lost it!  :D

1301511[/snapback]

Same here. I love that movie. Uncle Rico (Reeco?) is funny as hell, I love Kip too.

Not too many people jock that movie though.

I have several pet peeves some have already been mentioned others have not:

1. It drives me crazy when I see people throw their cigarette out the window of their car. Would those same people throw their burger wrapper out the window? Or their junk mail after stopping at the mailbox? No. Or maybe I am wrong...maybe these people would.

2. It drives me crazy when you let someone in who is trying to enter moving traffic or change lanes, and they don't give you the "wave". That is just plain rude.

3. It drives me crazy when people write checks at the grocery store. I don't care when they start writing, it always takes longer. Does everyone in this country not have an ATM card yet?

4. It drives me crazy when that one wheel on the grocery cart is rogue. It either doesn't turn or wobbles everywhere, trying to drive the cart into a constant right turn.

5. It drives me crazy when people talk during movies. It drives me crazy when people sit right in front of me at movies when there are other seats clearly available. It drives me crazy when people stink of perfume at the movies. It drives me crazy when a smoker sits next to me at the movies and they stink of smoke. It drives me crazy when I haven't fandango'd and show up and there is a line at the theatre. Do you believe me when I say I love to go to the movies?

6. It drives me crazy when newbie tool ebay bidders drive up the price of an auction early and often.

7. As many of you know, it drives me crazy when I see or hear poor grammar.

8. It drives me crazy when an internet site "overtakes" IE and resizes my windows. Hello Firefox.

9. It drives me crazy when the kid at McDonalds doesn't give me a full fry. If they want to give people a 1/2 full fry, they should make that a menu option.

10. It drives me crazy when I get screwed at the drive-thru. The worst thing about it is the domino effect that is obviously going on. How many orders a day do they screw up??

11. It drives me crazy when people can't do something because it is not their "policy". This was the worst when I was living in Utah. No offense to anyone here who is LDS, but for goodness sakes...make a decision on your own for once without consulting the Golden Plates.

12. It drives me crazy when I am at an open bar event and they have the staff picking up half full drinks in order to screw whoever is paying for the open bar.

13. It drives me crazy when people talk football (or any sport) and don't know their asz from a hole in the ground.

There is a quality baker's dozen...I may add more later.

A lot of these are annoying, but the one thing that really gets to me is cell phones. They are everywhere nowadays, and I guess with good reason but there are situations when I just want to pound the crap out of people for using them inappropriately.

1. Cell phone talking and not paying attention to your driving. "Hey, soccer-mom, your minivan is in the left lane, that's the passing lane. The conversation with your fellow soccer mom about how gummi worms are an inappropriate and unhealthful snack to bring for the halftime game break can wait until you're not clusterflipping traffic."

2. Teenagers constantly checking their cellphone during movies, for text messages, or not turning off their ringer, so they can answer their phone and go "Hey... No way... oh, yeah, and he was all like 'uh-uh', and I was all like "oh yeah?'... no, I'm watching a movie..."

I understand that every kid I run into nowadays has ADHD, which gives them the attention span of a gnat, but ferrchrissakes, Don't make me be that old guy that has to walk over to you and tell you to turn your darn phone off. I hated that guy when I was your age, but now I realize he was right and by all rights really should have kicked my obnoxious ass.

3. people who have loud, obnoxious conversations in public places, like restaurants and supermarkets and shucks. yeah, buddy, I see you have a cellphone and a friend. I am very impressed, now please go someplace a little less intrusive and learn to use your "inside voice" before I have to rip that phone out of your hands, tell your friend that you're a dick and shove your cellphone up your ass, hopefully without hanging up the phone and sticking you with roaming charges.