[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Mock Draft

Outshined

5 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

5 Members: CaptainHook, Zooty, fitzkek, hosler427, Ziachild007

He's here now.  Time for a pick.

1358870[/snapback]

Easy there sluggo!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or maybe a bunch of internet yahoos don't know nearly as much as they think they do, and NFL scouts and GMs get paid for a reason. :D

1358911[/snapback]

:D Two words.......Matt Millen

Young is not used to playing in a pro-style offense. He makes bad defensive reads and his passing is hit and miss. I haven't seen much from him that shows he can effectively take snaps from under center and pass from the pocket. Granted the Wonderlic can be overrated, but a score of 6/7/16 doesn't help convince GMs that he will be able to take in and comprehend pro schemes as well as other QBs. I agree that he has plenty of raw athletic ability and coaches could try to build the offense around his strengths, but with Vick around teams have become better at shutting the scramble down. There's a huge upside to this guy, but also a huge downside. Probably worth a round 1 pick, but not top 10.

Young is not used to playing in a pro-style offense. He makes bad defensive reads and his passing is hit and miss. I haven't seen much from him that shows he can effectively take snaps from under center and pass from the pocket. Granted the Wonderlic can be overrated, but a score of 6/7/16 doesn't help convince GMs that he will be able to take in and comprehend pro schemes as well as other QBs. I agree that he has plenty of raw athletic ability and coaches could try to build the offense around his strengths, but with Vick around teams have become better at shutting the scramble down. There's a huge upside to this guy, but also a huge downside. Probably worth a round 1 pick, but not top 10.

1359036[/snapback]

I think if the Eagles drafted him here to be able to trade him in a year or 2 after working out with a team....we could get a top pick for him....but we don't draft players for those purposes, nor does anyone...at least not in the 1st round...

I believe Reid could whip Young into shape and make him very, very good in a season or 2....I mean, look at McNabb....and I really don't think McNabb would have been as good on any other team...

Reid being the QB coach in GB is possibly the reason for this...and the reason we got such a high pick for AJ Feeley lolol...but I think he would have thrived in a WCO...

The Falcons pick came down to DeAngelo or Jimmy Williams. In real life the Falcons probably would go with the CB but I just feel that with Warrick Dunn approaching 32 I couldn't pass on a talent like DeAngelo Williams. Our defense had a lot of injuries last year and our pass defense was still ranked 14th(only 56 total yards from being #10). Plus, I think we can still get a good DB later in the draft or in free agency. We also need to improve our run defense and get it back to what it was in 2004. Getting Ed Hartwell back should help.

I hate my pick for the Eagles.  I truly thought that Justice or Hali would have been there.  I know that they won't take WR or LB b/c they just don't value the positions that much.  In the actual draft if Justice or Hali are not available, I think they trade down.

1358871[/snapback]

I hear ya. I was hoping to take Justice with the 13th pick, as the Ravens need SERIOUS O-line help. However, since they also need SERIOUS D-Line help, I went with Hali.

Edited by Gdawg

Wow, the Dolphins have to be doing cartwheels with the QB options they have.  Now the big decision - Vince Young or Marcus Vick?  :D

1359129[/snapback]

Jonathan Joseph? They need a CB.

Or will they grab V Young?

Jimmy Williams is the pick of the Dolphins. Was hoping that Winston Justice would of fallen to me here, but no such luck. Other than OL, secondary is the biggest concern for the Dolphins right now with the release of both Sam Maddison and Reggie Howard although Howard might be re-signed. I for one do not think Young will still be on the board at this point and I believe the Dolphins will sign either Brees or Culpepper this off-season (throw ramsey in the mix too). Almost pulled the trigger on Chad Jackson here as well. I've seen this kid play for a few years now and he very impressive.

Jimmy Williams. Kind of a tweener here. Big at 6'2" for a CB but he is a play maker. Could play S if he bulks up a bit and works on his tackling. He'll get playing time right off the bat in nickle and dime situations so I'm sure that will be a better barometer of where he'll play in the pro's. His int's and tackles fell off this year but most say it's do to the fact that most teams throw away from his side. Anyway should help the Dolphins right away.

Jimmy Williams is the pick of the Dolphins. Was hoping that Winston Justice would of fallen to me here, but no such luck. Other than OL, secondary is the biggest concern for the Dolphins right now with the release of both Sam Maddison and Reggie Howard although Howard might be re-signed. I for one do not think Young will still be on the board at this point and I believe the Dolphins will sign either Brees or Culpepper this off-season (throw ramsey in the mix too). Almost pulled the trigger on Chad Jackson here as well. I've seen this kid play for a few years now and he very impressive.

Jimmy Williams. Kind of a tweener here. Big at 6'2" for a CB but he is a play maker. Could play S if he bulks up a bit and works on his tackling. He'll get playing time right off the bat in nickle and dime situations so I'm sure that will be a better barometer of where he'll play in the pro's. His int's and tackles fell off this year but most say it's do to the fact that most teams throw away from his side. Anyway should help  the Dolphins right away.

1359747[/snapback]

'canes2004: I wanted to take part in this draft but you beat me to the punch by selecting the Dolphins before I had the chance to.

As a huge Dolphin fan for many years I must say that I LOVE your pick and I agree 100% with it. Excellant pick.