[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Mock Draft

Outshined

So assuming the WR's continue to resign with their own teams, it looks like this will be the priority for Denver. I was hoping Moss would drop, but I think Jackson will be a nice addition to Denver's WR crop.

Chad Jackson it is.

1362080[/snapback]

Moss hasn't been taken as far as I can see. Did you possibly mean Holmes???

Edited by Huddled Masses

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So assuming the WR's continue to resign with their own teams, it looks like this will be the priority for Denver.  I was hoping Moss would drop, but I think Jackson will be a nice addition to Denver's WR crop.

Chad Jackson it is.

1362080[/snapback]

probably a good pick, but i'm not sure i see the broncos going that direction, i don't think they want to wait around for a young WR to develop. i see them addressing WR by trying to bring in a veteran, like TO, moulds, or maybe antonio bryant or even givens. with these two picks i expect them to look at safety, interior o-line, and/or d-line. jackson would be an intriguing pick if he's there though.

Browns | Reports of Givens signing were false

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 23:21:13 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports earlier reports of the Cleveland Browns signing free agent WR David Givens (Patriots) were false. Givens' agent, Brad Blank, believes someone hacked into the Browns' computer and posted the report.

1363745[/snapback]

Has pirates been around? He's got about 5 hours or so, right?

I have to leave for work around 1:00 PM EST.If he hasn't made his pick by then,I'll have to wait until about 1:00 AM when I get back to make mine.

Edit:If the time stamp from the last pick is correct,he has about 90 minutes.

Edited by Sox

I have to leave for work around 1:00 PM EST.If he hasn't made his pick by then,I'll have to wait until about 1:00 AM when I get back to make mine.

Edit:If the time stamp from the last pick is correct,he has about 90 minutes.

1364016[/snapback]

Yeah, I read the stamp wrong.

The Bengals want a pass rusher.We want someone in the front four that can put pressure on the QB without having to blitz.I'm tired of watching teams complete 3rd and longs on us with all day to throw.

A guy no one seems to be talking about is Kamerion Wimbley, DE,FSU.Kiper and PFW have him rated as their #2 DE.He goes 29th to Denver in Kiper's latest mock,and 21st to NE in PFW's mock.

Here's what PFW says about him.

Upside:Has a solid frame to grow and is capable of holding 275 pounds.Has good body control and balance and really pressurizes the edges.Very naturally athletic and can drop into coverage.Looks elastic and shows the short-area burst to work the edge and close fast to the QB.Very active.Can lock on and drive back blockers with nice power.Fluid mover.Made Miami (Fla) OT Eric Winston look bad and made some plays against Virginia's D'Brickashaw Ferguson.Plays with great energy.Outstanding worker.Exceptional character.

Downside:A little duck-footed and feet point outward.Not very big-boned and is still leaner than some clubs would like.Could be more stout vs. the run and play with more leverage.gets moved when the ball is run right at him and needs to add some bulk to anchor down and hold his ground.Needs to get stronger.Can get caught up in traffic.Sprained his knee and missed most of the final four regular-season games.

The Way We See It:Has added ten pounds of muscle every year since arriving as a 210 pound freshman and has gotten better every year.Impact,disruptiveness and value to team cannot be fully quantified in statistics.Perfect fit as a rush linebacker in a 3-4 scheme and would be ideal as a rush defensive end in a 4-3.Bigger and more flexible than Cowboys first-round pick DeMarcus Ware,although not qyite as athletic and does not bend off the edge as well.

We will address DT,Safety,and the TE spot vis free agency and later picks.

That is all. :D

The Giants needed an outside linebacker or a cornerback in this spot.

We strongly considered Donte Whitner, who can play Safety or Corner, but with Sam Madison in the fold, LB was the stronger need, and Sims is one hell of a player. Quite frankly, we were pelasantly suprised he lasted this far. He was the 3rd LB on our board after Hawk and Greenway.

Going with Marcedes Lewis was pretty much a no-brainer. The need a playmaker on offense at the TE position. If Lewis was not there, I would have drafted a different position, because I don't think the remaining TEs are good enough to be first round picks.

Here is the Pro Football Weekly book on Lewis:

HT: 6-5 5/8, WT: 258, 40-YD: 4.74

UPSIDE: Smooth, fluid and compactly built. Has the movement skills of a receiver. Has a great wingspan, and can pluck and snatch the ball, and make acrobatic grabs. Great body control and agility to attack the ball. Has big hands and good concentration. Shows some athletic ability to maneuver and sidestep tacklers after the catch and can separate on crossing routes. Showed imprvement as a blocker [i sure as heck hope so] as a senior and gives good effort. Works his feet to sustain blocks. Solid character. Very competitive.

DOWNSIDE: High-cut and does not play with great leverage, cannot knock anyone off the ball. Can do a better job sinking his hips and coming out of breaks. Not a great base blcoker and can do a better job of finishing blocks. Lacks lower-body strength and drive-blocking ability. Not powerful enough to do everything he is asked as a blocker. Doesn't play very fast and has just adeuate play speed for a pass-catching tight end.

THE WAY WE SEE IT: Had a dozen Division 1-A basketball scholarship offers coming out of high school and was more highly recruited for the hard court. Plays like a small forward between the white llines, showing the ability to box out and post up defenders. Made big strides as a senior, showing improvement as a blocker and nearly doubling his production, becoming the team's go-to receiver. With continued development, Lewis has the ptential to deveelpo into a Pro Bowl talent.

Edited by Wolverines Fan