[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Mock Draft

Outshined

Respect my fellow Huddlers picks, but the Cincy and Carolina choices surprised me. I thought the Bengals would go DT to shore up the run defense. Carolina does need a tight end, but I thought RB was a bigger need. JMHO.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respect my fellow Huddlers picks, but the Cincy and Carolina choices surprised me.  I thought the Bengals would go DT to shore up the run defense.  Carolina does need a tight end, but I thought RB was a bigger need.  JMHO.

1365091[/snapback]

There are only two defensive tackles I deem worthy of the 24th pick,and both were off the board.Marvin HAS stated in the past that the defense's biggest need is a dominant pass rusher.

Lendale White sure doesn't look as good in a Cards uni now.  Wonder how far White would fall now with Edge in the fold?  Indy HAS to be looking RB, don't they?

1365309[/snapback]

Yup. I wouldn't have taken White for the Cards had Edge signed before my pick. I would have much rather taken Davis, who they'll probably REALLY take now.

Lendale White sure doesn't look as good in a Cards uni now.  Wonder how far White would fall now with Edge in the fold?  Indy HAS to be looking RB, don't they?

1365309[/snapback]

Once all 32 teams have drafted, lets start this over again...

There are only two defensive tackles I deem worthy of the 24th pick,and both were off the board.Marvin HAS stated in the past that the defense's biggest need is a dominant pass rusher.

1365152[/snapback]

I looked up the DTs, and I think you made a good case here. :D

I thought this was a two rounder? Might make sense to do a do-over now, with the FA signings though. I was hoping Mangold fell to the Jets in round 2!

1365477[/snapback]

Thats the reason I want to start over. Had Free Agency start when it was supposed to, we would not have this problem..

Thats the reason I want to start over. Had Free Agency start when it was supposed to, we would not have this problem..

1365508[/snapback]

I have no problem with a do-over. The draft is all screwed up now anyways. No way AZ takes LenDale White now.

I have no problem with a do-over.  The draft is all screwed up now anyways.  No way AZ takes LenDale White now.

1365529[/snapback]

I concur 100%, Cap.

Edit: Also, Outshined (or whoever's gonna "run") this... could we make it so picks have to come a bit faster? :D

Edited by darin3

1365508[/snapback]

Okay by me.

Outshined,

You can count me in for the do-over. I think a lot will change the second time around.

1365537[/snapback]

Its not really a do-over, just a "pre free agency mock". There will be new mocks popping up this week once it settles down.

I concur 100%, Cap.

Edit:  Also, Outshined (or whoever's gonna "run") this... could we make it so picks have to come a bit faster?  :D

1365569[/snapback]

I am not sure how to speed it up. We were averaging 5 picks per day. I thought that was OK. If anybody has a good idea, please post it. I have said it before, its hard to put a 12 hr window on this because it somebody picks at 7pm - the next pick is due at 7am.

I can run the next one, but I can't be here all day to enforce the picks if the 24 hr window rule is reduced. It kind of runs on its own with the 24 hr rule. If somebody else wants to run it with trades, thats fine. I still prefer to do the next one with no trades. (its still too far away from draft day and I really don't know how to run one with trades) We still have plenty of time to do a few of these if everybody is up for them.

I will make a new post with the same names and teams for check in. We will start on the mock on Thursday at 7am.

Avernus - you will have to work it out with Fitztek on who is drafting. You could probably work together....

Edit: If somebody else wants to run it a different way - let me know, otherwise I will make the new post tommorrow morning for check in.

Edited by Outshined

How about this.... 12 hour limit, with two standby guys. The standby guys have to be pretty well versed on all teams, but they step in if the 12 hour limit goes by? They make the one pick. I think it would be too hard to get a secondary for each team, so does this make any sense? 24 hours is just too long.... it drags the whole thing down.

How about this.... 12 hour limit, with two standby guys. The standby guys have to be pretty well versed on all teams, but they step in if the 12 hour limit goes by? They make the one pick. I think it would be too hard to get a secondary for each team, so does this make any sense? 24 hours is just too long.... it drags the whole thing down.

1365695[/snapback]

exactly...I'll be a standby guy lol

1365695[/snapback]

Who would be the two standby guys? What if they're not here?

I prefer the 24 hr rule. We were almost at 5 picks per day I thought that was OK. We almost finished 1 round in a week, not counting weekends.

If you have a faster way of doing it, you can run it because with a 24 hr window, it runs itself and I can't be here to police it.