[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you could attend any sporting event.....

Gopher

Assuming you would have the best seat available, what would be your "dream" sporting event to attend? It doesn't have to necessarily be an "event".... could be a venue that you think would be cool (Wrigley, Fenway, Mile High, or whatever), but something that you have not had the chance to see in person.

Although there are several on my list, I would have to go with the Ryder Cup, on European soil. I would settle for the Ryder Cup in general, but if I could choose, I think it would be pretty awesome to combine seeing the best golfers in the world with a European vacation for my wife and I.

Super Bowl, hands down.

1324747[/snapback]

As much as I love football , it would be the final four of mens college hoops. never had a chance to do the final four. I have seen superbowls(of course it was not my Lions in it) . I have been to a world series(every home game), did not get to go to the last 2 Piston championship games but was at every home game in 3 other NBA finals.

I love march madness, 64 teams playing down, that is the truest tourney there is IMO. I wish College football would adopt some kind of playoff system.

As much as I love football , it would be the final four of mens college hoops. never had a chance to do the final four. I have seen superbowls(of course it was not my Lions in it) . I have been to a world series(every home game), did not get to go to the last 2 Piston championship games but was at every home game in 3 other NBA finals.

I love march madness, 64 teams playing down, that is the truest tourney there is IMO. I wish College football would adopt some kind of playoff system.

1324757[/snapback]

That would be my #2, I believe.

I have seen superbowls

1324757[/snapback]

I haven't; and since I'm assuming this is a FREE ticket, given the availability and price of the SB tickets, that's the only way I'd see one.

Other events I'd be interested in - Final Four, Tour de France, etc - are more easily attainable.

World Cup Final

1324722[/snapback]

Not a bad one actually. I'm not much of a soccer fan but the world cup final would be intense, say Italy against Brazil or something.

I'd have to go with the final day at Augusta or the US Open, Super Bowl (One time), World Series / NBA Championship / Stanley Cup Final game, doesn't matter which one as long as my team was still in the hunt, ie.. Game 5 of a tied series, Wimbledon during the first week to get in as many matches as possible.

I will say that an Augusta / US Open golf event is only if I knew I could get a good seat around the 18th green. Went to Ryder Cup last year and while I enjoyed it quite a bit it was still tough to see at times. Still a blast though even though the US stunk it up.

I like watching football at home, so even with a free ticket to the SB, I'd.... well maybe with a free ticket. But not if the halftime performer is over 25 and/or male. :D

A NASCAR race would be great if the best seat available is in the pit. Not a race fan really, but who can't appreciate a 10 second fill-up/tire change.

Final 4 tickets would be exciting.

World Cup Final

1324722[/snapback]

ditto ... did any of y'all get to see any of the Cup back in 94? I got to go to 2 games at the Silverdome. Was pretty cool ... the game I remember was Brazil v. Sweden ... was funny watching all the blonde drunk swede fans try and root for their team. i think the other one was usa v. swiss :D

Best seat in the house? It would have to be the Kentucky Derby. Have been lucky enough to go to the WS, playoff football, and NCAA tourney basketball. I have yet to find a box seat ticket to the Derby that I can afford (and even then... lousy seats).

Best seat in the house?  It would have to be the Kentucky Derby. Have been lucky enough to go to the WS, playoff football, and NCAA tourney basketball.  I have yet to find a box seat ticket to the Derby that I can afford (and even then... lousy seats).

1329975[/snapback]

Good call on the Derby. That is a very tough ticket to get at least is you want to see any of the race. Although I'm not as much of a fan of the thoroughbreds as I am standardbreds box seat tickets at the finish line of the derby would definately be at the top of my list.

Not a bad one actually.  I'm not much of a soccer fan but the world cup final would be intense, say Italy against Brazil or something.

1325241[/snapback]

id rather see brazil vs. england in a final. i think id have more fun watching the fans go at it

Superbowl L, the Superbowl's first outdoor game, held at Heiz Field in 20 degree weather and persistent snow, as the Pittsburgh Steeeeelers come back from a 3-0 first quarter deficit to win their 8th Superbowl title, 34-3 over the Las Vegas Cowboys (a formerly proud franchise which relocated after disinterest minimized crowds in Dallas) and Ben Roethlisberger retires on the spot having earned his fourth ring in his 12 year career. :D

Oh yeah baby that's what I'm talking about ... :D

World Cup Final

1324722[/snapback]

Yep. Other soccer games I'd like to attend would be

River Plate vs Boca Juniors in Argentina

Celtic vs Rangers in Scotland

Barcelona vs Real Madrid in Spain

AC Milan vs Inter Milan in Italy

Galatasaray vs Besiktas in Turkey

Each of these would be pretty intense.

Best seat in the house?  It would have to be the Kentucky Derby. Have been lucky enough to go to the WS, playoff football, and NCAA tourney basketball.  I have yet to find a box seat ticket to the Derby that I can afford (and even then... lousy seats).

1329975[/snapback]

I used to live right by Churchill Downs and I went to the derby many times. I have also been to the Preakness a handfull of times as well. the only 1 left for me is the Belmont