[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On the heels of ...well a lot of threads

Seattle LawDawg

If you are looking for instant artery clogging but don't want to inject grease via needle, where do you head?

I Just went to a place called the Red Coach in Portland, OR the other day that fit this description. I got the "Double Karl with Bacon" and felt like having an ambulance follow me on my walk back to work...just in case.

There are a few places worth mention in Seattle:

Dicks: "is the place where the crew hang out. The swass like to play and the rich want clout." Decent cheap burgers.

Fat Burger: Its actually a california chain but deserves mention

XXX Drive-in: Issaquah. This really has the best gutbombs around IMO. Great big greasy burgers, good milk shakes. What more do you need?

Homer favorite:

Twede's Cafe: North Bend. This is about a mile away from my house. It was the cafe with the cherry pie in Twin Peaks. To me, its the place with the 1lb cheeseburger.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl's Drive-In - Nothing beats a locally owned burger joint

White Castle - Belly bombers... nuff said.

Courtesy Diner - You name it, they'll fry it.

Eat-Rite - Slingers galore

Uncle Bills Pancake House - I think they have good greasy food but I'm usually drunk.

more to come.....

:D

1326347[/snapback]

Larry is the white guy, people think he's funny... a real estate investor who makes alotta money... :D

There's plenty of gut-busters in SoCal.

The Hat has some darn good pastrami, but I'll be dammed if I always get the same thing: double cheeseburger and a big-asz order of fries with a side of GRAVY... you haven't lived until you've had these fries with this gravy...

Pink's is a bit of a drive (Hollywood), but it's world-famous for star-gazing (the people, not the twinkly things) and hot dogs.

Frank's makes a great cheesesteak (scroll down to "Frank's Philadelphia Sandwiches"). Been going there since HS. But it's their Italian Sausage sandwich that'll blow you out of the water (and do a number on your commode) :D

That's all I can think of off-hand at this point. I'm sure I'll think of more. :D

Fat Burger:  Its actually a california chain but deserves mention

1325550[/snapback]

This is such a misnomer. FatBurger is actually a "healthier" fast food joint as they go....

place called Burgers n Beers across the street from where I work.

"hamby" - a full pound of grilled to perfection juicy beef that's guaranteed to shave a year off your life and bring a smile to your face.

In Arlington VA there is a little place called Al's Steakhouse and they have the best greasyest steak and cheese you can get anywhere. He also sells fried spicy cheese balls just to add a little more to the artery clogging. Al weighs about 450 and has this shop open for at least 20 years, place is always packed.

Uncle Bills Pancake House - I think they have good greasy food but I'm usually drunk.

1326265[/snapback]

I used to live within walking distance of Uncle Bill's. :D

(Although I boycotted them for about a year because they threw me and 5 of my friends out of the restaurant at about 2:30 a.m. once because a waitress (ridiculously) claimed that we were having a discussion about whether or not a woman could get pregnant from a bleaux-job. :D )

juicy lucy at matts or 5-8 club

1325570[/snapback]

In South Minneapolis there is a place called the 5*0 Club.  It used to be an actual Speakeasy back in the day.  Now it serves the best burgers in town (the Juicy Lucy)!   :D

1328171[/snapback]

The Juicy Lucy is pretty deadly, but I'm more worried about scalding cheese spurting out of those burgers and burning the roof of my mouth. :D

Whenever I go to Culver's for a butter burger, I have the uncontrollable urge to up the limits of my life insurance.

The Lion's Tap can clog arteries with the best of 'em, too.

Edited by General Itals

My Favorites:

SEATTLE

Burgermaster

Red Mill

Fatburger (a distant third. Decent, but if you order straight off the menu, they overdo the relish & mustard IMO. In L.A., this chain doesn't make the top 3 for me...)

Dicks. Now I love grabbing a big greasy bag of Dick's :D as much as the next guy, but they lose points for charging me an extra .05 cents each for Onions and Ketchup. What's THAT about?

LA

In N Out

Apple Pan

Original Tommy’s – kicks the hell out of Pink’s for Burgers, imo

Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger – Ann Arbor, MI. It’s Motto: “Cheaper than food!”

Bubba’s (RIP) Eugene, OR. They had a dress your own burger bar, & fries with garlic salt. Absolutely Smoking.

Murderburger - Davis, CA.

Hudson's Hamburgers - Coeur d'Alene, ID Great No-frills burgers, with a sort of spicy Ketchup. worth a stop driving through.

Frugal’s (Chain) - Kalispell, MT. Never saw the chain before, I was impressed.

Edited by Bonehand

Charlies Burger- Great little cheese burgers and Shakes nothing else.

Zacs Burgers and fries- another good one

Johns Hot Dogs- Best Hot Sausage and Dogs, been around for 60 years.