[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ACC Weekly 2/12-2/19

PantherDave

Sorry for the late entry this week, but been busy, now onto ACC Hoops.

The Pack could have moved up nicely with a win over GT, but give the Jackets credit for shooting the ball very well and playing some decent team D as well. The Pack got back on track with a pasting of FSU on Wednesday night. Still awaiting the word on Evtimov's ankle. This is the quickest the Pack has got to 20 wins since the 73-74 Pack went 20 for 21 in games played. Also of note, the Pack notched it's 9th conf win, assuring the Pack of a winning conf record. This is very important due to the fact that an 8-8 conf record may not get an automatic NCAA bid due to the precived down year for the ACC- Peace PD.

I was wondering where our ACC thread was! :D

GT gave UNC fits for much of last night's game. Looking forward to Miami @ BC tonite, should be a good one.

As for my Terps, I cant wait for them to make the Final Four...of the NIT :D

I was wondering where our ACC thread was!  :D

GT gave UNC fits for much of last night's game. Looking forward to Miami @ BC tonite, should be a good one.

As for my Terps, I cant wait for them to make the Final Four...of the NIT  :D

1327672[/snapback]

Here is my take, the NCAA is the goal, but the NIT is light years away from "0" post season. Also, the NIT is the grand-daddy, and was there before the NCAA Tourney. In fact, in the early days teams preferred the NIT over the NCAA, so if no NCAA bid-give me an NIT bid anyday.

Here is my take, the NCAA is the goal, but the NIT is light years away from "0" post season. Also, the NIT is the grand-daddy, and was there before the NCAA Tourney. In fact, in the early days teams preferred the NIT over the NCAA, so if no NCAA bid-give me an NIT bid anyday.

1327687[/snapback]

Oh, I hear what you're saying, but still...to end up in the NIT for the 2nd year in a row is pretty discouraging; especially given this is something of a down season for the ACC.

I think you are giving them too much credit.

These guys are playing like they just don't care.

:D

1327939[/snapback]

They just dont have what it takes to beat good teams. No point guard, no Big Man...and as you said, they probably lack heart as well. :D

I will be rooting for the Canes tonight since the Pack owns the tie-breaker over the Canes, and has beaten BC at BC already. The Pack has BC and the Heels in Raleigh, so a solid 2nd place finish is theirs for the taking this month. I'm looking forward to the Simmons/Hansborough(sp) rematch in Raleigh, as Ced got in foul trouble on the Hill in the first meeting, and you are looking at the two #1 big men for the next two years in the ACC with Hans and Ced.

Does every team make the ACC tourney this year or are they cutting teams like the Big East?  I haven't really looked into it since Duke will be the #1 seed.

1329581[/snapback]

All 12 make it, as the top 4 seeds get a bye until friday, and 5-12 play Thursday.

WOW, once again the Pack has a big lead and get's lazy, with all due respect to VT, but it was all not your great effort, but lack there of by the Pack. Herb must get this no FG's in the last 6 minutes crap fixed-at Duke loss, at UNC loss, at VT win. It is just unacceptable to be as hot as they are and then go friggin stone cold. I'll take the win, as the play from the line was exceptional, and is one of the Packs fail safes when they do go cold from the floor. It will not feed the wolf come tourney time, so, they better get that killer instinct and realize that beating someone by 30+ is not a bad thing.

I hope the heels come in with their heads screwed on straight today. Historically we don't play too well at Wake, not to mention Wake lives and dies to beat Carolina.

Looks as though Duke, State, BC and UNC are pulling ahead of the rest of the league. I'll be pulling against State and BC the rest of the way as I would much prefer to finish #2 or #3 in the ACC tourney.

BC and State still have to play each other, yes?

I hope the heels come in with their heads screwed on straight today.  Historically we don't play too well at Wake, not to mention Wake lives and dies to beat Carolina.

Looks as though Duke, State, BC and UNC are pulling ahead of the rest of the league.  I'll be pulling against State and BC the rest of the way as I would much prefer to finish #2 or #3 in the ACC tourney.

BC and State still have to play each other, yes?

1331847[/snapback]

Yes, in Raleigh, as State has already won at BC.