[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baseball 1-10 pool

whomper

:DPlease dont pick your teams yet

We have had a good time with the baseball 1-7 pool. We have traditionally done it for fun and I donated a hat of the team of the winners choice. I thought maybe this year we can do it for 25 per team and extend it to 1-10 instead of 1-7. For 25 bucks you have the chance of winning 750 (really 725 as one team is yours) If you guys would rather do it for the hat I have no problem with it at all but I figured id throw it out there.

For those that are unaware of what this is . You pick a MLB team and the first team to score 1-10 wins the pool..ex Yankees 3- 1 over red sox, Yanks get a 3 Sox get a 1. Next game Red Sox 4-2 over Yankees ,Sox get a 4 Yanks get a 2.

Whoever scores 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 before anyone else. They win. Its really simple. Ill update the league every day.

Let me know if you are interested and if you want to do it for 25 or just the hat. Please dont pick your teams yet.It wont count. Ill open the floor to teams in a new thread when we decide what we are doing.

Edited by whomper

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can pick any team, right?  I love my Twins but it'll be a cold day before they ever score 10 runs again.  :D

1329310[/snapback]

Yes you can pick any team..

you do a random order generator then?

or first come first serve?

1329334[/snapback]

I havent decided yet..We usually go first come first serve. People tend to pick their favorite teams since this is a unique pool. Any team can score any amount on any given night. I think it will be first come first serve. Most people if they dont get their favorite team pick any team just to be in it but we can decide that later if anyone has a problem with first come first serve.

I'll be in again this year.  I'd prefer the $25.  Might be tough to get 30 people who will pay the 25, though.

Nick and I will have to fight for the Red Sox!!

1329346[/snapback]

True . We dont need a full 30 though as many as we get we can go for it 25 to win even 500 is a good risk to take.

1-13 is nice too.  Extends it quite a bit and keeps everyone in the hunt for a while.

1329359[/snapback]

I know but im in so many baseball leagues that my time is spread thin. I dont mind running this but I wanted to extend it over 7 so its not over quick yet not go to 13 so it doesnt go on extra long

Id be in for the hat or just for fun. I am already in too many other pay leagues and stuff. Besides, I dont really like putting $ on something that requires no strategy from me. But if you guys decide to do the no $ route count me in.