[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:woot: Sold my house in a day!

TimC

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're thinking of selling ours on our own, and your story gets me pumped up to go through with it.  Conrats!

1342247[/snapback]

First time for me too. I'll keep the thread updated if I run across any problems or issues oustside the normal. We plan on closing in about 45 days or so. No rush for either party. My new house isn't planning on closing til June 1st.

Only real advantage I have over the average Joe, I guess, is my foreclosed property banking experience eons ago and I work in commercial lending now and have access to a team of lawyers I work with. One of my good friends there has a Harvard Law degree and said he'll look over the standard real estate contract before I sign this week just to make sure nothing is out of the ordinary. It's like asking Picasso to paint your bedroom antique white. :D

I did a little research into the attorney part. I think an attorney normally charges $200 to review a contract and like $500 at closing if I remember correctly. The attorney and disclosing any known defects are the big things to cover your ass.

Ralph, here's the 6-page thread I started here 6 months ago when the process was starting on FSBO vs agent...hope it helps. Obviously the building process was 3 months slower than I thought looking over some of the dates. :D

Edited by TimC

:D goob job, timmay...you got a little lucky, but chit, that's what life's all about! :D

1342342[/snapback]

I got big time lucky. I was fortunate a guy on a perpendicular street had his FSBO as well and was asking about $10-15k more than I would've. He hasn't had a nibble in the 2 weeks or so his has been up. Buyers know what the market is bringing. The lady told me he needed new carpet and it didn't show well. Buying new carpet and painting the hallway and master bedroom last month was money well spent. I probably could've squeezed out another couple of thousand or so, but wanted it to go smoothly and didn't want to be having an open house for the foreseeable future with the hassles of trying to build the other one.

Edited by TimC

I probably could've squeezed out another couple of thousand or so, but wanted it to go smoothly and didn't want to be having an open house for the foreseeable future with the hassles of trying to build the other one.

1342384[/snapback]

Smart man. Plenty of cash in the bank is worth more than slightly more cash you might sucker someone into months later after countless hassles ... Similar mindset to taking as much money as you'll ever need to stay with a winning program where you fit the offense rather than taking more money than you'll ever need to swim in a cesspool of mediocrity ... :D

Edited by Donutrun Jellies

Plenty of cash in the bank is worth more than slightly more cash you might sucker someone into months later after countless hassles ...

1342388[/snapback]

Exactly. That is precisely the logic that drives realtors to get people to underprice their houses.

She just left!!

Standard real estate contract...easy as pie. She didn't know much about it, but her agent walked her through every step of the way.

Technically sold it "as is". I forced her to get a 1-year home warranty (told her I'd pay for it - $395 to protect her + $60 to protect me until closing) to protect her and I. All the appliances, heat pump, etc were put in in 1994 and could stop working tomorrow for all I know. I didn't want to deal with her 3 months from now just in case something happened with 'em.

She had her pre-approval letter from Citibank with her and was good to go.

I have to get termite inspection ($60) and the homeowners POA ($20) to her in 10 days is it.

Process was smooth as silk and we should close 4/27/06. Yay!!!

I should net enough for most of SO's dream kitchen, the jacuzzi, the patio and a bunch of extra stuff for the new house and still have about $40k leftover. I told the SO I was gonna buy a Z06 or take $10k of it for the World Series of Poker entry fee :D. LOL.

Probably won't get it, but maybe she'll make me a sammich.

• 2 months later...

Just finished closing! Went smooth as silk. Just get a great real estate attorney and sell it to a super-nice person that ain't gonna sue ya!

Never had a check payable to me this large before. Should I play red or black on the roulette table to double it up. :D

Thanks to all that gave advice throughout the process! Drinks on me!!*

*You have to come to Richmond to obtain any and all drinks. :D

Drinks on me!!*

*You have to come to Richmond to obtain any and all drinks.  :D

1440482[/snapback]

careful what you wish for

Edited by keggerz

Just finished closing!  Went smooth as silk.  Just get a great real estate attorney and sell it to a super-nice person that ain't gonna sue ya!

Never had a check payable to me this large before.  Should I play red or black on the roulette table to double it up.  :D

Thanks to all that gave advice throughout the process!  Drinks on me!!*

1440482[/snapback]

Congrats.

Here's hoping my selling process goes half as smooth as yours. :D

Just finished closing!  Went smooth as silk.  Just get a great real estate attorney and sell it to a super-nice person that ain't gonna sue ya!

Never had a check payable to me this large before.  Should I play red or black on the roulette table to double it up.  :D

Thanks to all that gave advice throughout the process!  Drinks on me!!*

1440482[/snapback]

i did the same thing with my first 2 houses... saved a bundle form the vultures ... 4-5% what a ripe off

Edited by Yukon Cornelius

Doubtful in our hood.  Houses are sitting for a long time.

Where the hell do you think you're going anyway :D

1440592[/snapback]

I'm bailing on the hood.

DMD said it was against the rules to have two non related huddlers in the same neighborhood and he ordered me to move since I have less posts then you. He's not giving me a moving allowance either. :D

Seriously. Just looking for a change, been here about 7 years now which I know is less then you guys but it's about that time. Just moving a city of two over. If I can sell. Harry Cassidy didn't exactly tell me what I wanted to hear.

Oh well.

I'm bailing on the hood.

DMD said it was against the rules to have two non related huddlers in the same neighborhood and he ordered me to move since I have less posts then you.  He's not giving me a moving allowance either.  :D

Seriously.  Just looking for a change, been here about 7 years now which I know is less then you guys but it's about that time.  Just moving a city of two over.  If I can sell.  Harry Cassidy didn't exactly tell me what I wanted to hear. 

Oh well.

1440629[/snapback]

My girls dad is one of the top agents in the area if you wanna go with someone else, he is very good and I know a couple who bought their house through him before I knew him and they said he was great. If your interested PM me.