[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ACC Weekly 2/27-3/5

PantherDave

Well-the Pack decided to implode their entire season in a matter of 1 week-way to go Pack. We have to stew until Wake this weekend, and I'm in a golf tourney, so if it's a day game-screw'em. I'm pissed to max levels of pissivity right now, and I hope they realize what they did to themselves this week-fugging pitiful. The main objective is a top 4 finish so they avoid playing on Thursday-so hopefully they can manage that feat. They seem to have hit the wall at a bad time, and Herb and the Pack must regroup in a hurry.

The Tar Heels up to 13 & 14 in the polls! The Maryland game last night wasn't a pretty one, but we still handled the Terps. They are obviously struggleing from the loss of McCray. Ibekwe had some nice moments, and Jones too, but those 2 just weren't enough to counter the heels depth.

We had some major contributions from Quentin Thomas, Danny Green and Marcus Ginyard. The trio of Noel, Terry and Green is really turning out to be something. They are all strong quick and versatile, able to make things happen on both ends of the court.

What can you say about Hansbrough? They were double and triple-teaming him all night long and the guy still puts up 21? He really is amazing. Not that the perimiter shooters have some confidence, we are really taking advantage of teams putting too much focus on defending Tyler in the lane.

The Tar Heels should exact some revenge on UVA this Tuesday and then its into Durham to face the Dookies again. I still like our chances in Durham as all the pressure will be on Duke to win, and I honestly think Duke is starting to get tired. JJ has scored less than 20 in the last 2 games. Maybe K is trying to rest him, but maybe not.

It'll be interesting for sure. Assuming everyone holds suit for the rest of the season (BC wins out at home, NC splits, and State wins their final game) there will be all three teams tied. Anyone know what they first tiebreaker is? BC beat UNC and split with NC State so maybe that helps us. No one wants the 4 seed and a matchup with Duke in the semi's. 2nd or 3rd is the way to go.

It'll be interesting for sure.  Assuming everyone holds suit for the rest of the season (BC wins out at home, NC splits, and State wins their final game) there will be all three teams tied.  Anyone know what they first tiebreaker is?  BC beat UNC and split with NC State so maybe that helps us.  No one wants the 4 seed and a matchup with Duke in the semi's.  2nd or 3rd is the way to go.

1344469[/snapback]

I'd love a re-match with Duke, as we owned them until 6 minutes to go in Durham, and were in control of that game.

I'd love a re-match with Duke, as we owned them until 6 minutes to go in Durham, and were in control of that game.

1344481[/snapback]

OK, then it's decided....NC State has volunteered to take the 4 seed. Thanks, PD. We're all set billay...no need to play the last couple games.

:D

OK, then it's decided....NC State has volunteered to take the 4 seed.  Thanks, PD.  We're all set billay...no need to play the last couple games.

1344486[/snapback]

No, really, I'd love another crack at'em. It's the Heels that have our #, I realize the last 6 minutes is in the game, but if State would have not gone cold at the 6 minute mark-Duke's record in conf play has a 1 in the loss column.

It'll be interesting for sure.  Assuming everyone holds suit for the rest of the season (BC wins out at home, NC splits, and State wins their final game) there will be all three teams tied.  Anyone know what they first tiebreaker is?  BC beat UNC and split with NC State so maybe that helps us.  No one wants the 4 seed and a matchup with Duke in the semi's.  2nd or 3rd is the way to go.

1344469[/snapback]

UNC swept State so it would be BC as the #2 seed, UNC as the #3 seed and NC State as the 4 seed. If the tournament started today BC would play the winner of UVA / Va Tech and UNC would play the winner of Ga. Tech and Miami. Personally I would much rather play the winner of UVA / Va. Tech. Both Miami and Ga. Tech make me nervous.

The Tar Heels should exact some revenge on UVA this Tuesday and then its into Durham to face the Dookies again.  I still like our chances in Durham as all the pressure will be on Duke to win, and I honestly think Duke is starting to get tired.  JJ has scored less than 20 in the last 2 games.  Maybe K is trying to rest him, but maybe not.

1344444[/snapback]

I really wish Coach K would sit JJ for a game or two. He is losing his legs.

No, really, I'd love another crack at'em. It's the Heels that have our #, I realize the last 6 minutes is in the game, but if State would have not gone cold at the 6 minute mark-Duke's record in conf play has a 1 in the loss column.

1344495[/snapback]

If if if. If my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle. :D

The Tar Heels up to 13 & 14 in the polls!  The Maryland game last night wasn't a pretty one, but we still handled the Terps.  They are obviously struggleing from the loss of McCray.  Ibekwe had some nice moments, and Jones too, but those 2 just weren't enough to counter the heels depth.

We had some major contributions from Quentin Thomas, Danny Green and Marcus Ginyard.  The trio of Noel, Terry and Green is really turning out to be something.  They are all strong quick and versatile, able to make things happen on both ends of the court.

What can you say about Hansbrough?  They were double and triple-teaming him all night long and the guy still puts up 21?  He really is amazing.  Not that the perimiter shooters have some confidence, we are really taking advantage of teams putting too much focus on defending Tyler in the lane.

The Tar Heels should exact some revenge on UVA this Tuesday and then its into Durham to face the Dookies again.  I still like our chances in Durham as all the pressure will be on Duke to win, and I honestly think Duke is starting to get tired.  JJ has scored less than 20 in the last 2 games.  Maybe K is trying to rest him, but maybe not.

1344444[/snapback]

My Terps suck. 'Nuf said. Hats off to Carolina though, never thought they'd do so well this year. A fun team towatch.

I am thinking only four ACC teams go this year. UVA probably knocked themselves out losing to Clemson last week, FSU has a shot but their SOS is terrible. Probably only four teams this year boys :D

Easy one for BC tonight.  One to go.

1346244[/snapback]

Yeah, Wake is not good. They didnt even have that game on TV in my area :D

Instead they gave us St. joe @ Xavier ::D

Mia @ MD tonite :D

I know you're a Terp fan but I'm pretty sure my ACC viewing will be concentrated on Duke/FSU and then NC/VA tonight.

ACC Wednesday!!  :D

1346557[/snapback]

Funny, that's what my ACC viewing will be concentrated on as well :D

The Terps are done for the year. Still love the ACC (and College Hoops in general), cant wait for the Tourney next week.

Edited by Gdawg

Wow, it looks as if the Devils have hit the wall like the Pack, we might just get 5 teams in the tourney afterall.

1349874[/snapback]

Maybe so, but I still think Duke takes UNC this weekend.

NC State loses to Wake??  The game didn't matter, really but is NC State in trouble PD?

1352154[/snapback]

Yes, they are, you can't just play unispired ball and expect to just turn it back on, the team does'nt hustle, Herb does'nt ride their asses. My take, they lose Friday, and they lose their 1st round game in the dance, and go down as one of the greatest collapses in recent Div 1 Hoops.

Im on vacation out of the coubtry and have very limited internet time but I had to stop in to brag on my heels! The heels are playing as well as anyone; and if Roy hasnt solidifried coach of the year now then theres no justice in college hoops.

We,re ready to make a run at the ACC and NCAA titles!

Wow, what a bizarre weekend...NC State loses to Wake??? JJ and the Dukies looked terrible Saturday night, UNC really chewed 'em up.

Somehow MD managed to beat UVA yesterday. Short of winning two games in the ACC tourney I still dont think they make the NCAA tournament. First game against GaTech...then its BC if they win :D ...