[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Fight #32

Jumpin Johnies

94 members have voted

1. 1. Huddle Fight #32

• Gil
    • JJ

Congrats on the family, Sarge. And I would so do your wife. :D

Edit: The :D wants to know if you own any shirts with sleeves. :D

Edited by Big F'n Dave

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I want to be the first to say Nsab I am proud of you right now, who'd a thunk it, you'd be the voice of reason here :D no disrespect intended but I think this sort of level headedness means more from you than alot of others :D and I couldn't agree more. From what I've seen and heard on these boards Nsab is a guy that isn't concerned with what people think, he is who he is, and we all know he thinks he's tough :D and I tend to enjoy it. :D So that being said, there's a lot of us that think or know we're tough but who cares, this is a website where we get together to let go, and there is way more positive here at the Huddle than negative imo. Sarge I couldn't be happier if you are the toughest guy out there but from what I've witnessed you bring a lot of this on yourself (not that I in anyway agree with dumpin on someones kids), my advice would be to quit being so confrontational. In my experience I enjoy being friends with someone rather than being enemies and I think most of us feel that way. You know you have beautiful children and even though JJ went too far I honestly don't think he truly meant any disrespect towards your kids. It's unfortunate things took this turn but come on can you really hate someone from interacting on a message board? I'm sure there are people in both of your lives that would stand up and proudly say you are the most wonderful person in the world and if we knew each other on a more personal level we all may agree. Sometimes things are said that shouldn't have been and with that in mind I think this is one of those situations. JJ apologized and I think we all know he didn't mean any real disrespect towards the kids so what's the point of hangin on to that? To me it's sad to think because of what has transpired here that it would be possible for things to come to blows if you met, it's just not worth it. I have a feeling that if you were able to let it go you guys may actually enjoy a couple of beers together in Vegas.

OK I'm done with my drunken opinion, so Sarge you have a family to be proud of, and JJ you bring a lot to the boards here and I for one enjoy these threads you've started, so let's all kiss and make up and forget about this minor negative spot on the Huddles many positive aspects. So take this for what it's worth but I for one would not let this effect me in any sort of serious way. I love this place and would hate to see many more of these situations happen. Peace out. :D

LOL,  I aint fat, dumb ass.  But I certainly and thin either.  Lets just say I dont lie, and I aint trying to impress you. And if you think a 315 bench is strong, then you aint strong.  Hell there are kids that weigh 185 at the Gym I frequent that throw that around these days.  And pure strength isnt my strength, chokes, armbars/breaking arms, or ground and pound are my favs.  I just like to throw some iron around so one day I can keep up with my Boy.

1355043[/snapback]

I was talking more about the fact that you were talking about your sub 5 minute mile and if I were to have claimed to have a 350 bench press you would've chimed in claiming a 400 pound press. I've been lifting weights for over 6 years and just got back from the Y as a matter of fact. I haven't maxed out in a while but I'm fairly confident that I can't press 315. I did 275 about 8 months ago 3 times but I primarily stick to dumbells and sets of 10.

I was talking more about the fact that you were talking about your sub 5 minute mile and if I were to have claimed to have a 350 bench press you would've chimed in claiming a 400 pound press.  I've been lifting weights for over 6 years and just got back from the Y as a matter of fact.  I haven't maxed out in a while but I'm fairly confident that I can't press 315.  I did 275 about 8 months ago 3 times but I primarily stick to dumbells and sets of 10.

1355234[/snapback]

I was 165 lbs as a sophmore in High school and ran track, but I wasnt a miler, though I had to fill in at the mile at our district meet as a sophmore because one of the milers failed a class and couldnt compete, and I got 5th place, recording at 4:54 mile. hardly an impressive feat or stat. Im more proud of my 4.41 40 time, than that. but that was 15 yrs and 65 lbs ago. I started working at Golds Gym in my area when I was 19 till 23, and packed on 50 lbs in that 4 yrs. My bench went from 250 ish to 365 at that time. Im no where near in the shape I was then, but who is when they are 33, compared to 23. But I could press 315 still easily, and I dont find that impressive at all, really. Other than my 3 kids, wife, and everything I have now, Im most proud of my accomplishments on the mat from 1990-99. I won 3 singles titles, in 2 different weight class in 93,94 and 96, and I taught a self defense class for 3 yrs at a local college in the Dallas area. I havent even been in a Dojo in 2 yrs, and I miss it dearly, but with a 3rd child now, coaching my sons soccer and t-ball team, and my softball team, 2 jobs most of the yr going on at once, I dont have the time to go consistently, and I wont sacrifice my time with my kids to make time for me any longer. Once you have kids you will understand that.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I havent even been in a Dojo in 2 yrs, and I miss it dearly,

1355644[/snapback]

Where the vietnam - is it a country or a way of life? are these Dojo's? :D Is this something different that just going to a karate school, or judo school, or voodoo, or yoga? :D

I am kidding about the voodoo and yoga but for real, what the hell is a Dojo? I have a neighbor that is a real Rosie O'Donnell that is some sort of kickass blackbelt but so far as know he just goes to the Karate joint up the street.

Where the vietnam - is it a country or a way of life? are these Dojo's? :D  Is this something different that just going to a karate school, or judo school, or voodoo, or yoga? :D

I am kidding about the voodoo and yoga but for real, what the hell is a Dojo?  I have a neighbor that is a real Rosie O'Donnell that is some sort of kickass blackbelt but so far as know he just goes to the Karate joint up the street.

1355888[/snapback]

Strictly, I believe a dojo is the circle that sumo wrestlers fight in, but I think it's use has been expanded to cover any arena for the martial arts.

Strictly, I believe a dojo is the circle that sumo wrestlers fight in, but I think it's use has been expanded to cover any arena for the martial arts.

1355892[/snapback]

dojo: training hall

and I wont sacrifice my time with my kids to make time for me any longer.  Once you have kids you will understand that.

1355644[/snapback]

I kind of have an idea. My wife takes up almost all of my time. I had nothing but spare time a year ago. I can only immagine losing more freedom with little ones.