[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2006 Preseason top 5

theeohiostate

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball

1. Buckeyes

2.West Virginia

3. LSU

4. Oklahoma

5. USC

1360846[/snapback]

No way LSU and USC stay there. SC will lose 3 games easily, and Les Miles is such a Athenay coach, he will lose a game they shoudl easily win. I see OU, West Virgina running the table, and OSU getting picked off once.

....and Les Miles is such a Athenay coach, he will lose a game they shoudl easily win.

1360886[/snapback]

You're certainly correct there Sgt., I just can't figure out how he managed to beat the Sooners twice! :D

No way LSU and USC stay there.  SC will lose 3 games easily, and Les Miles is such a Athenay coach, he will lose a game they shoudl easily win.  I see OU, West Virgina running the table, and OSU getting picked off once.

1360886[/snapback]

:D Great stuff- USC ain't goin anywhere PR- OU running the table?? hilarious- talk about losing 3 games easily-

These polls never shake out right- so if I were a tema looking to make a leap to the upper echelon like OU- I would not even want to be in the top 5- Just means they won't be there in the end.

:D  Great stuff-  USC ain't goin anywhere PR- OU running the table?? hilarious- talk about losing 3 games easily-

These polls never shake out right- so if I were a tema looking to make a leap to the upper echelon like OU- I would not even want to be in the top 5- Just means they won't be there in the end.

1362451[/snapback]

Look at the Sooner schedule and show me where they lose a game.

You're certainly correct there Sgt., I just can't figure out how he managed to beat the Sooners twice! :D

1362236[/snapback]

That was a rivlarly game, which these players are competiting against former high school team mates, and OSU had a pretty good QB back then. Im not making excuses OU looked like sh*t both times in those games.

Look at the Sooner schedule and show me where they lose a game.

1364607[/snapback]

@ Oregon L - this one will be ugly - will not win in Eugene -

@ Texas L

lose either T Tech or A&M game, or both :D

puts em 8-3 going into OSU game-

i cant wait to kick yo azz in our league-

@ Oregon L - this one will be ugly - will not win in Eugene -

@ Texas   L

lose either  T Tech or A&M game, or both   :D

puts em 8-3 going into OSU game-

i cant wait to kick yo azz in our league-

1364707[/snapback]

We might just have to wager on the Oregon game. I see it as a route alright, Peterson running right through that defense, with Ngata gone.....

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

We might just have to wager on the Oregon game.  I see it as a route alright,  Peterson running right through that defense, with Ngata gone.....

1364776[/snapback]

Unless Stoops can crap a new O-line (and coach) out of his hindquarter, Peterson will be lucky to break 1,000 yards this year.

i wouldn't go that far. I think Peterson will get 1,000 yards regardless of the o line situation, but the only thing that hinders him is the fact that he's a pu$$y and gets hurt all the time.

1368509[/snapback]

Which is why I standby my prediction, with the OU O-line, and their current coach, no way Perterson goes the whole season.

I think they'll be ok. But there offense is useless at this point as proven in the holiday bowl against a very mediocre defense, barely managed 17 points. The only thing they really have going for them is the fact that Vince Young won't be back. You can say that for every Big XII team. I stand by my pick of Nebraska to win the Big XII next year. They finished 05' very good. Texas will take a step back, but is still the class of the Big XII south.

I think they'll be ok. But there offense is useless at this point as proven in the holiday bowl against a very mediocre defense, barely managed 17 points. The only thing they really have going for them is the fact that Vince Young won't be back. You can say that for every Big XII team. I stand by my pick of Nebraska to win the Big XII next year. They finished 05' very good. Texas will take a step back, but is still the class of the Big XII south.

1371292[/snapback]

I agree with the Nebraska call. This may be the year that Nebraska finally beats UT in Licoln. UT is undefeated in Lincoln, as a part of the Big 12. That can't sit well with the Husker faithful.

Which is why I standby my prediction, with the OU O-line, and their current coach, no way Perterson goes the whole season.

1370947[/snapback]

Are you insinuating there is something wrong with their current coach. This isnt Mack Brown we are talking about, its teh coach that has kicked TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... ass 5 yrs in a row, before last yr. Ill bet you $100 Peterson rushes for over 1000. You said it twice now, surely you will back that up with my lil wager.

1371292[/snapback]

Nebraska will get drilled by OU, and TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... is hardly the class of the South. Keep doubting the Nation.

Whatever sarge... OU didn't show anything last year. ANYTHING. The one game that I was a tad bit impressed with them was vs TExas Tech, when they were pretty much screwed in the end. Defensively they'll be solid, and that will be good enouhg to finish 2nd in the south behind Texas. OU will slam a better Nebraska team. As if they slammed them in 05? Nebraska will be better in 06'. Huskers are a team that is on the rise. Good programs come back, just like Oklahoma came back, Nebraska will too, and I feel it will be in 06'. I like the guts they showed coming back against Michigan in the Alamo. Sure the reffing was terrible, but Nebraska still had to make the plays do get the job done.

Are you insinuating there is something wrong with their current coach.  This isnt Mack Brown we are talking about, its teh coach that has kicked TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... ass 5 yrs in a row, before last yr.  Ill bet you $100 Peterson rushes for over 1000. You said it twice now, surely you will back that up with my lil wager.

1372350[/snapback]

I did not say a word about Stoops. I, unlike others, am very rational in my posts. I would never dog Stoops, based solely on the rings on his fingers. He is clearly one of the top 2 or 3 coaches in the NCAA. I would never let his problems with OSU (not theOSU) or his being absolutely demoralized by USC keep me from agreeing that he is a great coach. If you will read the thread a little closer, my comments are on the O-line coach. You do not have scholarship O-line quitting football, if there is not a problem.

Lets see, first lets recap what we have out there. We have $100 bucks on the BcS league, right, whoever finishes higher? Is there anything else? We have added a 12th game. The NCAA in there infinite wisdom have decide that the poor student athletes can't handle a playoff, but they can be worked like dogs during the regular season, to generate the $billions.

With 12 games, he only has to average 83.33 a game. What about $100 for less than 1200? I say there is no way a he average 100 a game for the 12 game season.

I did not say a word about Stoops.  I, unlike others, am very rational in my posts.  I would never dog Stoops, based solely on the rings on his fingers.  He is clearly one of the top 2 or 3 coaches in the NCAA.  I would never let his problems with OSU (not theOSU) or his being absolutely demoralized by USC keep me from agreeing that he is a great coach.  If you will read the thread a little closer, my comments are on the O-line coach.  You do not have scholarship O-line quitting football, if there is not a problem.

Lets see, first lets recap what we have out there.  We have $100 bucks on the BcS league, right, whoever finishes higher?  Is there anything else?  We have added a 12th game.  The NCAA in there infinite wisdom have decide that the poor student athletes can't handle a playoff, but they can be worked like dogs during the regular season, to generate the $billions.

With 12 games, he only has to average 83.33 a game.  What about $100 for less than 1200?  I say there is no way a he average 100 a game for the 12 game season.

1372766[/snapback]

What about 100 average for every game he starts. shucks we can what about all day long. Bottom line is AD ran over texas for 200+ his freshman yr. Just 2 of those type games next season and he only needs 50 a game average the next 10 to reach 1000. So now its 1200 yards. If I agreed to that, it would be 2000 before you quit changing what you say.

BTW, Stoops would have fired the OL coach if there was a problem, but the kid quit the team, then came back then was dismissed from the team.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

What about 100 average for every game he starts.  shucks we can what about all day long.  Bottom line is AD ran over texas for 200+ his freshman yr.  Just 2 of those type games next season and he only needs 50 a game average the next 10 to reach 1000.  So now its 1200 yards.  If I agreed to that, it would be 2000 before you quit changing what you say.

BTW, Stoops would have fired the OL coach if there was a problem, but the kid quit the team, then came back then was dismissed from the team.

1375285[/snapback]

So you will not agree to 1200?