[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ACC Weekly-The Dance

PantherDave

Well, if you are refeing to how ACC refs will blow the whistle just for some player looking at Duke or UNC players the wrong way-then yes, it would hurt Duke and UNC. Perhaps it's the favoritism shown the two schools in conf play that hurts them in the Tourney and not bad officiating just correct, unbiased officiating. :D

1385957[/snapback]

I'm referring more to the ACC's reputation as a "finesse"league and how that style of officiating hurts most of the ACC teams in the tourney. I would argue that UNC and Duke take advantage of this fact during league play and push the ball inside in order to go to the free throw line. Thats just strategy and good coaching.

Your argument that he UNC/Duke bias hurts those teams doens't hold up as those teams have more NCAA Championships than the rest of the league combined.

(7-3)UNC 4, Duke 3, NCState 2, UMD 1

Edited by billay

I'm referring more to the ACC's reputation as a "finesse"league and how that style of officiating hurts most of the ACC teams in the tourney.  I would argue that UNC and Duke take advantage of this fact during league play and push the ball inside in order to go to the free throw line.  Thats just strategy and good coaching.

Your argument that he UNC/Duke bias hurts those teams doens't hold up as those  teams have more NCAA Championships than the rest of the league combined.

(7-3)UNC 4, Duke 3, NCState 2, UMD 1

1386018[/snapback]

I'm happy the Pack got's two and I saw both of them,as were a tourney team under Herb but a Natl Champ :D

I agree that the ACC does have the rep as more of a finesse league but last night was out of hand. That wasn't basketball, it was boxing. I'm not a Duke fan by any stretch and I'm not disappointed they lost, but with all the clutching and grabbing out there, it looked like the old NHL.

Physical play is fine but whatever that was last night was bad basketball.

Yeah I thought it was apoorly officiated game overall. I was surprised JJ didn't get a few of those calls, looked like he was getting bumped a few times. That being said LSU was a little tougher, more aggressive which usually gives you the benefit of the doubt. Really an ugly game, as good of athletes as LSU has- I thought they looked really poorly coached, and their guards are horrible ball handlers, wow. They had trouble even getting into their offense- LSU won because of Thomas- guy is a freak.

• 2 weeks later...
Just heard on CBS that Arizona State has offered Herb Sendek (I think I spelled this wrong) a 7 figure deal.  He is thinking about it.

1398522[/snapback]

Aren't State schools restricted as to how much they can pay?

After all remember it is April 1st.

"Arizona State has reportedly offered Pitt Head Coach, Jamie Dixon and reports today indicate that Dixon is leaning towards accepting the open Arizona State job (that also had no interest in Coach Sendek).

Earlier in the week, it was believed that Dixon had decided to remain at Pitt, where he has four years remaining on a deal reportedly worth close to $600,000 annually. But Arizona State increased its offer — a supposed five-year deal — over the past two days to “close to $900,000″ annually, the source said.

Pitt’s new offer to retain Dixon is believed to be roughly $800,000 annually. It is unclear what buyout provisions are included in Dixon’s contract at Pitt. "

Edited by jackshi17