[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody else taking Thurs/Fri off

Gopher

With the exception of one or two years in the past several years, I usually take the first Thursday/Friday of the NCAA tournament off and spend the entire 4-day weekend watching the games. Most years, I have been able to find a buddy or two that can do the same, and we either find a bar that has all of the games on or order the DirecTV package and hook up 3-4 TV's at someone's place. Well, this year is no exception, and I'm looking forward to spending the weekend back in the Midwest (I'm flying from CA to South Dakota, of all places, on Wednesday night) with some friends, just watching BBall, playing cards, and relaxing. There will be some adult beverages consumed as well, of course. Anybody else do something similar?

This is the second year in a row that St. Patty's Day has coincided with the start of the NCAA tourney. Of course, last year it was on Thursday...

In any case, this is the third year in a row that me and a few buddies have taken St. Patty's Day off to part-take in much revelry. Not bad having the games on while we tip back Bass and Bushmills.

I probably should have taken off Thursday too, but I'm busy as heck at work. :D I will, however, be monitoring games online and will take a nice long lunch to watch some action at the local sports bar.

I keep saying every year I'm gonna take off Thurs/Fri for the first weekend of March Madness but never do. So this year I'm working from home and all is good, well, except the going out and enjoying the games in a bar atmosphere. Only one thing wrong...I sheduled a business trip to Albuquerque leaving Thursday morning getting back to Phoenix in the afternoon...:D

This is the second year in a row that St. Patty's Day has coincided with the start of the NCAA tourney.  Of course, last year it was on Thursday...

In any case, this is the third year in a row that me and a few buddies have taken St. Patty's Day off to part-take in much revelry.  Not bad having the games on while we tip back Bass and Bushmills. 

I probably should have taken off Thursday too, but I'm busy as heck at work.  :D  I will, however, be monitoring games online and will take a nice long lunch to watch some action at the local sports bar.

1369923[/snapback]

That's what started it for me..... A few years ago, I left work to join some buddies at a bar for lunch. They had the day off. Coincidentally, it was St. Patty's Day on a Thursday that year as well...... Needless to say, I never made it back to work. My boss started calling me about 3 or 4 PM. I shut my phone off and decided to tell her the next morning that I went home sick, suddenly very ill from eating something bad at lunch. Had to bribe my boss's brother-in-law not to say anything, since I had ran into him later that night at the bar.

I keep saying every year I'm gonna take off Thurs/Fri for the first weekend of March Madness but never do.  So this year I'm working from home and all is good, well, except the going out and enjoying the games in a bar atmosphere.  Only one thing wrong...I sheduled a business trip to Albuquerque leaving Thursday morning getting back to Phoenix in the afternoon...:D

1369985[/snapback]

:doah: :D

That's what started it for me..... A few years ago, I left work to join some buddies at a bar for lunch.  They had the day off.  Coincidentally, it was St. Patty's Day on a Thursday that year as well...... Needless to say, I never made it back to work.  My boss started calling me about 3 or 4 PM.  I shut my phone off and decided to tell her the next morning that I went home sick, suddenly very ill from eating something bad at lunch.  Had to bribe my boss's brother-in-law not to say anything, since I had ran into him later that night at the bar.

1370053[/snapback]

:D

Gonna be a heck of a 3-day weekend... :D:D