[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bracket Busters

Gdawg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW NWst geets Iowa!!!  amazing-  Big Ten looking a bit shaky-

Ill, MSU- only real hope at going deep- IMO

1375300[/snapback]

Big East too.

Earlier Monmouth was talking trash on the tube. :D

WOW NWst geets Iowa!!!  amazing-  Big Ten looking a bit shaky-

Ill, MSU- only real hope at going deep- IMO

1375300[/snapback]

I think OSU has a much better shot and WILL go deeper then MSU or ILL. MSU has a difficult game against GMason and then a possible match up against a very atheltic Tarheels squad. Even if Ill gets past Washington, their road ends with UCONN. OSU's toughest game will be against Florida, if they win they'll be in the Final 4, imo.

Edited by theeohiostate

I think OSU has a much better shot and WILL go deeper then MSU or ILL.  MSU has a difficult game against GMason and then a possible match up against a very atheltic Tarheels squad. Even if Ill gets past Washington, their road ends with UCONN.  OSU's toughest game will be against Florida, if they win they'll be in the Final 4, imo.

1375346[/snapback]

Yeah, after looking at their draw- your right OSU has an easier path for sure. Something about OSU I just don't like tho- I am not buying them

Yeah, after looking at their draw- your right OSU has an easier path for sure. Something about OSU I just don't like tho- I am not buying them

1375529[/snapback]

i'm not buying into them either. 3pt shooting teams scare me. But........

:D GO BUCKS!

They are taking to UCon right now!  A 7 bpoint lead right now (40-33) :D

If it holds (I can't believe it will) it would screw up almost everyone's brackets.

Make it 10, 43-33, 14 min left.

1375762[/snapback]

Albany wins and you have your greatest NCAA upset in History ...at least based on the 1 vs 16 seed set up ... :D

...soooo close...

If the game would have only ended at the 6 minute mark.

PS - I'm 25-3 heading into tonights games...KC, UTx, UAB and UNC wins will put me at 29-3. Unbelieveable that I'm only in one pool. Sheesh.

Albany wins and you have your greatest NCAA upset in History ...at least based on the 1 vs 16 seed set up ... :D

1375764[/snapback]

Jim Calhoun said "I tip my hat to them, and my gloves and my shoes..."

Jim Calhoun said "I tip my hat to them, and my gloves and my shoes..."

1375835[/snapback]

missed that ...calhoun and huskies sweated this one for 35 minutes ..now i bet they roll to final four ...happens alot that way when a highly ranked team gets a scare early and then turns it on

Even though I'm a big fan of KU hoops, their early bow-out really helps me with my pool ... most of the other guys had KU in the elite 8 or final 4 ... and a few of them had KU in the final game (one or two even had them winning) ...

Needless to say, there are only two of us in the pool that aren't alumns of KU... heh heh heh ...

Gotta stand up for my Pac 10- UCLA is tough- Period, Howland has em D ing up like crazy- 

Utah St. is a popular pick against UW- ain;t gonna happen- UW & Roy will get the W

Cal- again- y'all haven't seen anyone like Powe- will dominate the Pack-

I agree - Memphis is probably the weakest #1 seed- BUT UCLA is the strongest

#2- so I just don't see the weakness in Oak- UCONN has a road to the FInal Four like I have never seen- I do't see who will even challenge them

1373228[/snapback]

Well Simmons was not phased by Powe, as the 6'9" Soph was the dominant big man in this game-hands down. I've now seen both players, and Eric Williams of Wake is a much more physical big man in the paint than Powe.

i woudn't give chiefjay to much credit there, as he stated that just to un-nerve GWPFFL BrianW

1375604[/snapback]

Not really, I took NW St. in my main bracket, that said, Iowa had no business losing that game. The upset should not have happened.

Well Simmons was not phased by Powe, as the 6'9" Soph was the dominant big man in this game-hands down. I've now seen both players, and Eric Williams of Wake is a much more  physical big man in the paint than Powe.

1376052[/snapback]

Game pissed me off- Braun sucks that team has too much talent to play like that. He is a terrible game coach. NCState did a good job on Powe, but Cal was not effective at getting him the ball in the right spot. Simmons is a nice player, but he is not in Powe's league. Williams and Powe are different players- Cameron B was the difference- dissapointing game all around.

:D - and who exactly deserved to get in?? FSU? Maryland? they werent even close

1375272[/snapback]

:D

ACC.. 4-0

Florida ST, Maryland and even Clemson should of all been in the tourney. I don't have a problem with them leaving Clemson out even though I think they are better than at least a 1/3 of the tourney because of their 7-9 conference record. the others SHOULD of been in the tourney.

I think OSU has a much better shot and WILL go deeper then MSU or ILL.  MSU has a difficult game against GMason and then a possible match up against a very atheltic Tarheels squad. Even if Ill gets past Washington, their road ends with UCONN.  OSU's toughest game will be against Florida, if they win they'll be in the Final 4, imo.

1375346[/snapback]

Agreed, Ohio State is the only Big 10 team I have going to the final 8. I don't think we get any teams past the final 8 though. the Big 10 is good because of its overall depth but they do lack powerhouse teams.