[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Third Annual Huddle Chess Debacle

billay

billay def. HUGH ONE

Title: Yahoo! Chess Game

;White: hughones2002

;Black: billay1975

;Date: Fri Mar 24 22:05:09 GMT 2006

1. e2-e4 c7-c5

2. b2-b3 b8-c6

3. b1-c3 e7-e6

4. f1-d3 b7-b6

5. g1-f3 g8-f6

6. o-o c8-b7

7. c3-a4 f8-e7

8. c1-b2 c6-b4

9. f3-e5 o-o

10. b2-c3 d7-d5

11. f2-f3 b4xd3

12. c2xd3 d5xe4

13. d3xe4 d8-c7

14. a1-c1 f8-d8

15. f1-e1 a7-a6

16. f3-f4 b6-b5

17. d1-h5 f6xh5

18. g2-g3 b5xa4

19. b3xa4 h5-f6

20. a4-a5 c5-c4

21. c1-d1 f6xe4

22. d1-c1 e4xc3

23. c1xc3 a8-c8

24. e5xc4 e7-c5+

25. e1-e3 c5xe3+

26. d2xe3 c7xc4

27. c3xc4 c8xc4

28. h2-h4 c4-c2

29. a2-a3 d8-d1++

HUGH accidentaly gave away his queen on an oversight. He played tough and had he not made the queen mistake the game would have been very different.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

billay def. HUGH ONE

HUGH accidentaly gave away his queen on an oversight.  He played tough and had he not made the queen mistake the game would have been very different.

1386936[/snapback]

This essentially translates to:

Hugh's a dumbass, I kicked his arse, have a nice day. :D

Skylive def. billay

Title: Yahoo! Chess Game

;White: skylive5

;Black: billay1975

;Date: Sat Mar 25 13:50:41 GMT 2006

1. e2-e4 c7-c5

2. d2-d3 b8-c6

3. f2-f4 g7-g6

4. g1-f3 f8-g7

5. f1-e2 e7-e6

6. o-o b7-b6

7. c2-c3 c8-b7

8. b1-d2 g8-f6

9. h2-h3 o-o

10. f3-h2 c6-e7

11. e2-f3 d8-c7

12. d2-c4 e7-c6

13. h2-g4 f6xg4

14. f3xg4 e6-e5

15. f4-f5 g6xf5

16. g4xf5 c6-e7

17. d1-g4 e7xf5

18. f1xf5 d7-d5

19. f5-f6 d5xc4

20. c1-h6 c4xd3

21. g4xg7++

Nice game Skylive!

EDIT: I opened with the English opening for the 3rd game in a row. It's a bit of a convoluted opening with a lot of manuvering for control of the center, but I'm pretty familiar with it and usually the other guy makes a mistake in all the permutations. Sky made no mistakes, rode it out and when the kingside opened up, he dropped the hammer on me. I was tied up on the queenside and could only watch it happen.

Edited by billay

Brilliantly done, Sky.  I fear the sensei.

1387634[/snapback]

LOL

First game since last years contest.... real rusty I am afraid. Billay let me have that one by missing a move. I am sure it won't happen again, as I caught him still in his jammies and not fully awake. :D

LOL

First game since last years contest.... real rusty I am afraid. Billay let me have that one by missing a move. I am sure it won't happen again, as I caught him still in his jammies and not fully awake. :D

1387643[/snapback]

I missed a move? :D

guys,

it is with regret that i will hav eto drop out of the tourney. with it being our high season (long hard work hours) and having the new baby that feeds every 2-3 hrs, i have found it too challenging to schdule, let alone actually playing/concentrating on anything for an hour's duration..... while i love playing chess and hanging with you guys... just can't do it.

:D

guys,

it is with regret that i will hav eto drop out of the tourney.  with it being our high season (long hard work hours) and having the new baby that feeds every 2-3 hrs, i have found it too challenging to schdule, let alone actually playing/concentrating on anything for an hour's duration.....  while i love playing chess and hanging with you guys... just can't do it.

1387646[/snapback]

Are you sure? Nothing says we have to finish this thing quickly. Hell, 10 of the other guys haven't played a game yet either.

guys,

it is with regret that i will hav eto drop out of the tourney.  with it being our high season (long hard work hours) and having the new baby that feeds every 2-3 hrs, i have found it too challenging to schdule, let alone actually playing/concentrating on anything for an hour's duration.....  while i love playing chess and hanging with you guys... just can't do it.

1387646[/snapback]

Real life .... once again.....

Priorities Bier.... :D

it's an energy thing. i am awefully tired. even today... i got up hoping to play with you guys and i go tthe baby handoff. i get up... "here's baby"... i go to work for about 10 hrs.... i come back "here's baby." just kind of like living in a tunnel right now... everythng peripheral is a lot of effort.

yesterday i actually did something for myself.... ski day, and felt guilty for not playing chess games. should not create more stress for me.

At the end you should have moved your K. Would have changed everything.....

1387647[/snapback]

IMHO, Billay lost that game castling kingside. Sky's attack was very kingside focused, and Billay could have made that a much more interesting game with the unorthodox castle.

Moving the king would have helped at the end, but it was over. The kingside attack was too strong. An unmolested King's Gambit is going to open HUGH opportunities for attack!! I prefer to attack it early and often...

Edited by Caveman_Nick

it's an energy thing.  i am awefully tired.  even today... i got up hoping to play with you guys and i go tthe baby handoff.  i get up... "here's baby"... i go to work for about 10 hrs.... i come back "here's baby."  just kind of like living in a tunnel right now... everythng peripheral is a lot of effort. 

yesterday i actually did something for myself.... ski day, and felt guilty for not playing chess games.  should not create more stress for me.

1387653[/snapback]

Bier...no worries :D If you can't play, then don;t let it cause you stress :D

Otherwise, take your time and fit it in while you can! :D

it's an energy thing.  i am awefully tired.  even today... i got up hoping to play with you guys and i go tthe baby handoff.  i get up... "here's baby"... i go to work for about 10 hrs.... i come back "here's baby."  just kind of like living in a tunnel right now... everythng peripheral is a lot of effort. 

yesterday i actually did something for myself.... ski day, and felt guilty for not playing chess games.  should not create more stress for me.

1387653[/snapback]

No reason to feel guilty for taking a moment for yourself. Been there done that with two kids and doing 16 hour days.... know just what you are going through. It's worth it though... can't beat having kids.... :D

Besides... I don't think we have ever finished one of these.... LOL

Its true, don't lose any sleep over this thing. It's hardly a serious endeavor, just fun.

And like sky, I know what you're going through too. Hang in there. It's exhausting but gets a littl easier each day.

IMHO, Billay lost that game castling kingside.  Sky's attack was very kingside focused,

1387654[/snapback]

Actually... that opening is a 'defense'. A very old opening. Left a move out, but it pretty much played out they way it should and is always worthwhile if black castles kingside.

Name of opening is: Stonewall Defense. Once it is set up white is supposed to attack from the queenside... :D but billay let me change things in the middle.