[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP help needed

Hello everyone.

I am new to IDP and trying to learn. Cheating Bastages is my first league and in the draft I was winging it (draft was held in January) as I couldn't find any recent rankings,

So the question is are there and sources for information on strategy and how to play IDP? I know it's late but I'm trying to learn.

Thanks

Hello everyone.

I am new to IDP and trying to learn. Cheating Bastages is my first league and in the draft I was winging it (draft was held in January) as I couldn't find any recent rankings,

So the question is are there and sources for information on strategy and how to play IDP? I know it's late but I'm trying to learn.

Thanks

1376814[/snapback]

Tip #1: Don't draft in January... :D

Honestly, Sarge and the kegster hit the nail on the head... and there will be expanded IDP info both online and in The Huddle's forthcoming "handbook" draft guide this summer. Stay tuned.

Edited by darin3

... and there will be expanded IDP info both online and in The Huddle's forthcoming "handbook" draft guide this summer.  Stay tuned.

1380845[/snapback]

This have anything to do with why those top 10 lists you had posted earlier vanished?

This have anything to do with why those top 10 lists you had posted earlier vanished?

1380962[/snapback]

:D Yeah to be quite honest, I didn't delete 'em. I meant to keep 'em up there for a couple of weeks just to get some discussion going and then I was gonna gun it, as the handbook and our online content will be chock full of great IDP info.

Draft offense early, take your first IDP player no earlier than the 6th round, go LB first, hold off on DBs until round 13 or later, and build the best offense you can, then give us a run down around round 15 of whats left.

1380445[/snapback]

fwiw I dont agree with sarge on this in a be all and end all sense...much of it depends on where you are drafting...but if you are gonna reach for an IDP it better be a LB...in the mock last yr I went WR RB LB LB and still won the league so that shows you can win with different models...we had to start 2 RBs so there was as much risk not going RB RB as their was going LB LB in round 3/4

dont get pigeon holed by any exact draft science just understand the relative values and be able to predict what will fall later and take what wont when you can

another thing that I am sure will get touched on more later by the guru's here is scheme...

cover 2 corners tend to score better then other corners...

rook corners tend to score well due to getting picked on...

dont bank on ints so look at tackles 1st

find the right mix of youth and veteran players

stay clear of Strong Side Linebackers (for the most part)

Middle and WLB is where the money is

DEs in a 3/4 that get to play LB more often then not are probably gonna be pretty valuable since they are gonna get some additional tackles(ie: willie mcginest a couple of yrs ago was listed as a DL but played a ton of LB)

another thing that I am sure will get touched on more later by the guru's here is scheme...

cover 2 corners tend to score better then other corners...

rook corners tend to score well due to getting picked on...

dont bank on ints so look at tackles 1st

find the right mix of youth and veteran players

stay clear of Strong Side Linebackers (for the most part)

Middle and WLB is where the money is

DEs in a 3/4 that get to play LB more often then not are probably gonna be pretty valuable since they are gonna get some additional tackles(ie: willie mcginest a couple of yrs ago was listed as a DL but played a ton of LB)

1381182[/snapback]

Looks like you have read my article in last yrs handbook. :D