[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1st Annual Huddle Yahoo 8-ball Billiards Tourney

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was fun.  :D

1426445[/snapback]

It ain't over. Hang in there. Whitem0nkey bailing kinda sucks, but aside from that, we're only a few games away from being done. I will PM the offenders today, and we'll get this wrapped up. :D

EDIT: and Avernus is bailing too, so the Rocknrobn - ChuckB matchup is the last one to be played.

Not sure how I'll handle the forfeits though, 5-0 really kinda swings it too much. Any suggestions?

I understand this is just a game on an anonymous message board, but in the future, if you can't make the commitment to dedicate the time, don't, as it kinda screws the rest of those who do. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

ChuckB and Rocknrobn, finish your games and I'll figure this out. I'll take Whitemonkey and Avernus out of the picture, figure out the top 8 with different forfeit scenarios, and go from there.

1426567[/snapback]

wise decision...my schedule is ridiculous right now..I hopped in before my schedule became ridiculous...

:D

We could just start over. I'm willing to sacrafice my stellar record for a new beginning.  :D

1426759[/snapback]

:D Just don't put me in a bracket with E&D.

Not sure how I'll handle the forfeits though, 5-0 really kinda swings it too much. Any suggestions?

1426535[/snapback]

I guess if Czarina still wants a spot, she could step into either of the two forfeited slots - they're both 5-5 I believe, so she would essentially have one match to prove her mettle and advance to round 2...or not.

whitemonkey's forfeit is kinda' inconsequential I think - he only had me left to play, and I believe my 9 victories is probably already enough to get me into the second round. So I'd say if you choose to go this route, than give her Av's slot.

I guess if Czarina still wants a spot, she could step into either of the two forfeited slots - they're both 5-5 I believe, so she would essentially have one match to prove her mettle and advance to round 2...or not.

whitemonkey's forfeit is kinda' inconsequential I think - he only had me left to play, and I believe my 9 victories is probably already enough to get me into the second round.  So I'd say if you choose to go this route, than give her Av's slot.

1426894[/snapback]

I played everyone except 1 game left...

Yep, you and Darin3 didn't play. I'll check with Czarina. :D

1426900[/snapback]

No no no.. Avernus and I played 4 out of our 5 games. I'm up 3-1, and Avernus was willing to concede the final game, giving me a 4-1 victory.

No no no.. Avernus and I played 4 out of our 5 games.  I'm up 3-1, and Avernus was willing to concede the final game, giving me a 4-1 victory.

1426908[/snapback]

yuup..I wasn't able to advance anyways...I was forcing time to play even when I wasn't really in the mood :D

No no no.. Avernus and I played 4 out of our 5 games.  I'm up 3-1, and Avernus was willing to concede the final game, giving me a 4-1 victory.

1426908[/snapback]

Ahhh, I see, my bad. That makes it much more tolerable. :D

Here are the current rankings.

1. EasynDirty - .900

2. Hugh One - .867

3. Juanruiz - .733

4. Canes2004 - .667

5. Chuck B - .600

6. Darin3 - .571

7. MikesVikes - .467

8. Junebugz - .467

9. Rocknrobn26 - .400

10. T-bone65 - .400

11. NSab - .333

12. Timmypg - .333

13. Twiley - .267

14. Hugh-mongus - .200

The top 8 advance, with 1 playing 8 and 2 playing 7 etc. We will keep the 5 game format for now, but this is single elimination, so once you've one 3 games, there is no need to finish additional games.

Rocknrobn still has 2 games to play with ChuckB. I will give them until tomorrow to finish the games. If they are not completed, the above rankings are what we will use to go forward. If they are completed, and Robn moves ahead of Junebugz and Mikes Vikes, Mikes Vikes would advance based on the head to head record of 3-2 against Junebugz.

Everyone cool with this? :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

RR, I am leaving for work now and should return around 9pm et, if you've already gone night night I shall try to check in tomorrow no later than 12pm et but hopefully before as I have a pretty full plate in the afternoon.

1427753[/snapback]

I'll be on at 11am et, or earlier. :D

Here are the current rankings.

1. EasynDirty - .900

2. Hugh One - .867

3. Juanruiz - .733

4. Canes2004 - .667

5. Darin3 - .571

6. Chuck B - .538

7. MikesVikes - .467

8. Junebugz - .467

9. Rocknrobn26 - .462

10. T-bone65 - .400

11. NSab - .333

12. Timmypg - .333

13. Twiley - .267

14. Hugh-mongus - .200

The top 8 advance, with 1 playing 8 and 2 playing 7 etc. We will keep the 5 game format for now, but this is single elimination, so once you've one 3 games, there is no need to finish additional games.

Rocknrobn still has 2 games to play with ChuckB. I will give them until tomorrow to finish the games. If they are not completed, the above rankings are what we will use to go forward. If they are completed, and Robn moves ahead of Junebugz and Mikes Vikes, Mikes Vikes would advance based on the head to head record of 3-2 against Junebugz.

Everyone cool with this? :D

1427665[/snapback]

:D

Actually I think we need to rethink this ... you see, I won two of MikesVikes games for him so technically I won 4 games. Therefore I shouldn't have to play EnD that early in the tournament.

:checkingsecondoption:

On second thought, it probably won't matter much either way.

:D Bring it on!

Edited by junebugz