[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Response

Brentastic

no, it was more the complete cluelessness evident in your stated reasons.  like calling the one great jazz musician that played the fewest notes and most succinct phrases a "mindless noodler".

1397386[/snapback]

You're right, that's exactly what I said. And your proof that he's the "one great jazz musician that played the fewest notes"? You're the one that mentioned his name when I said playing a lot of notes was NOT indicative of great music. You then responded with Miles Davis. Yes, IMO, he plays a lot of nonsense and from what I've heard I don't like him. Can I be anymore clear about this?

Now, however, you're saying he's known for playing less notes. Well there you go flip-flopping again for the sake of arguing. Will you ever get a clue?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Az wins!

You're right, that's exactly what I said.  And your proof that he's the "one great jazz musician that played the fewest notes"? You're the one that mentioned his name when I said playing a lot of notes was NOT indicative of great music.  You then responded with Miles Davis.  Yes, IMO, he plays a lot of nonsense and from what I've heard I don't like him.  Can I be anymore clear about this?

Now, however, you're saying he's known for playing less notes.  Well there you go flip-flopping again for the sake of arguing.  Will you ever get a clue?

1397394[/snapback]

:D

1) you make an idiotic comment about jazz being about guys mindlessly playing a lot of notes

2) i refute that nonsense by pointing to miles davis, a great jazz musician who played relatively few notes, who is known for creating space in his playing and never wasting a note

3) you repeat the same stupid idea and call miles a mindless noodler

4) i say you're an idiot, miles davis is a great jazz musician who played relatively few notes, and who is known for creating space in his playing and never wasting a note

5) you accuse me of flip-flopping?

Guest Cherni

Of all the arguments I've seen around here this one is by far the lamest. But even so...

:laysbackinhammockwithbeerandipod:

seriously brent, my point in raising miles was exactly the same both times: miles davis, by any rational measure, is the exact opposite of a "mindless noodler". i can't even figure out what you think i said.

if you want mindless noodling, go listen to a drug-impaired rock band that "jams" on the same pedestrian theme for half an hour.

1) you make an idiotic comment about jazz being about guys mindlessly playing a lot of notes - LIE, I never made a comment about jazz, I made the comment about you judging music by quantity not quality.  Go back and look at the post moran.  Here's the truth about what was said.

2) i refute that nonsense by pointing to miles davis, a great jazz musician who played relatively few notes, who is known for creating space in his playing and never wasting a note another lie.  Again, read it here.

3) you repeat the same stupid idea and call miles a mindless noodler LIE, I said that once because to me he is.

4) i say you're an idiot, miles davis is a great jazz musician who played relatively few notes, and who is known for creating space in his playing and never wasting a note

5) you accuse me of flip-flopping? - You did by first pointing saying that I must not have heard of Miles Davis

1397403[/snapback]

seriously brent, my point in raising miles was exactly the same both times:  miles davis, by any rational measure, is the exact opposite of a "mindless noodler".  i can't even figure out what you think i said.

if you want mindless noodling, go listen to a drug-impaired rock band that "jams" on the same pedestrian theme for half an hour.

1397428[/snapback]

You're a confused man. You mentioned Miles before the word noodler was even considered by me. Go back and READ the posts if your memory is that bad.

Guest Cherni
:comeonI think I love you, but what am I so afraid of?passtheblunttotheniggaonyourleft:

1397438[/snapback]

:passesbondtoBFDI think I love you, but what am I so afraid of?doesnotsmokebluntsasthecigarpaperruinsthedeliciousflavor:

You're a confused man.  You mentioned Miles before the word noodler was even considered by me.  Go back and READ the posts if your memory is that bad.

1397434[/snapback]

Is Azz being smug again? :D