[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Response

Brentastic

I'll interpret your silence as you admitting that you can't comprehend written words and you feel embarrased by your wrongly pointed finger.

1397443[/snapback]

Nothing worse than a wrongly pointed ass finger... :D

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh b-spaz....when you say jazz is a bunch of mindless note playing, and i say you must not have heard of miles davis, i am NOT saying that miles played a lot of mindless notes.  i am saying he DIDN'T.

1397440[/snapback]

Link the post where I said that. You are so off base it's comical. Those words never came out of my mouth...... MORAN

Link the post where I said that.  You are so off base it's comical.  Those words never came out of my mouth...... MORAN

1397448[/snapback]

Spell it real slow for Brent, he is sensitive.

Link the post where I said that.  You are so off base it's comical.  Those words never came out of my mouth...... MORAN

1397448[/snapback]

you did seem to be implying that sentiment when you wrote this:

Anyone who judges the quality of music by the quantity of chords or notes is a Megan Fox.  Oh, I forgot, you're a jazz snob.
Edited by wiegie

Guest Cherni
:moochesjointoffI think I love you, but what am I so afraid of?:

1397457[/snapback]

:I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of?isalwayshappytosharehisgreenswithfellowhuddlers:

You're a confused man.  You mentioned Miles before the word noodler was even considered by me.  Go back and READ the posts if your memory is that bad.

1397434[/snapback]

:D you were rambling on about me being a jazz snob, valuing quanity of notes over quality...and how YOU think music needs space to breathe, blah blah blah. so your argument is, you didn't use the word "noodle" to express that same exact idea until later....so my use of miles as a counter-argument to it is somehow inconsistent?

this is ridiculous, b-spaz. go take some of your prozac or go for a walk or something. your hard-on for me is obviously a little too consuming in your life right now.

I know nobody else cares, so this is directed at Azz and his misleading Azz.

These are the posts in order:

Azz

i wonder how many strings brent could suck on if he played 12 string 

Then I replied with

What happened Az? You were typing and realized you were sounding stupid again so decided to not post? What instrument do you play again Az? You must play guitar since you are so confident that I suck.

then Azz:

well, since you ask, i was going to comment about how romantic this brokeback moment looked.

it's been a long time since i've played music regularly, but when i did i played music with more than 3 chords, so that has to count for something no? 

then me:

You do realize how ghey this post is, right?

Anyone who judges the quality of music by the quantity of chords or notes is a Megan Fox. Oh, I forgot, you're a jazz snob. I like jazz too, but I'm wise enough to realize there are plenty of great musicians in all genres. And there are a lot of great musicians that keep it on the simpler side. That's because good music needs space to breathe but I wouldn't expect you to agree with me there.

The fact that you haven't played music in a "verylong time" and we're the same age is enough for me to know how good you really are at music. Hey, I'm just trying to help you not look like such a jagoff. For you to imply that my music only consists of 3 chords is idiotic on your part anyways. Yeah, you really know your music   

then Azz

i guess you've never heard of miles davis 

then me:

I think Miles sucks. OK, he is good at his instrument apparently, but his music does nothing for me and I think people who say he's great are just saying so because he's Miles Davis and it's cool to say that. Bitches Brew is one of crappiest CDs I bought. I gave it one listen and almost vomitted. Around the Corner is OK, but it's still mindless noodling that has no backbone. I need backbone in my music. I'll take Herbie Hancock over Miles anyday. Have you ever heard the Crusaders? Now there's a band that deserves some props for innovating late 60s jazz/funk fusion.

In which bonehand replied:

Ok, I’ve got to call you on that one. To claim that Miles Davis sucks based on the fact that you didn’t like Bitches Brew is as preposterous as saying that

BB King sucks because Riding with the King wasn’t his best work

Or that Jimmy Page sucks because you didn’t like Coda

Or that Sinatra sucks because Duets was weak.

In making that claim, you are totally dismissing his finest work throughout the 50's & 60's. Everyone is entitled to his opinion of course, but I would think that someone who claims to be as knowledgeable about music as you are, or at least as passionate, would realize that to boil a musician’s multi-decade career down to a late career departure album or two would be a patently ridiculous stance to take, particularly with an artist as influential, innovative & prolific as Davis.

In which I replied:

You are absolutely right. I've always heard/read that Bitches Brew was his defining album, so that's what I bought and partially judged him on. But I'm glad you re-stated the part about me being knowledgeable about music because I have never made such a claim. Passionate - Yes, knowledgeable - kinda, it's all relative.

Maybe I'll give him another chance at some point in time, but it's a long shot.

On a side note: If anyone hasn't heard the Crusaders and you like the jazz/funk movement of the late 60s early 70s - Check them out ASAP. Joe Sample was the leader/keyboardist. He plays a mean Rhodes.

Azz chimed in again with:

so on top of everything else, you're an idiot.

me again:

Yeah, that's exactly what that means. Because I don't like Miles Davis I am an idiot. Can you be anymore typical?
Edited by Brentastic

QUOTE(Azazello1313 @ 3/31/06 4:29pm)

oh b-spaz....when you say jazz is a bunch of mindless note playing, and i say you must not have heard of miles davis, i am NOT saying that miles played a lot of mindless notes.  i am saying he DIDN'T.

Link the post where I said that.

1397448[/snapback]

ok :D

I think Miles sucks. OK, he is good at his instrument apparently, but his music does nothing for me and I think people who say he's great are just saying so because he's Miles Davis and it's cool to say that. Bitches Brew is one of crappiest CDs I bought. I gave it one listen and almost vomitted. Around the Corner is OK, but it's still mindless noodling that has no backbone. I need backbone in my music. I'll take Herbie Hancock over Miles anyday. Have you ever heard the Crusaders? Now there's a band that deserves some props for innovating late 60s jazz/funk fusion.

FWIW, I think wiegie hit the nail on the head. What Brent wrote could have been interpreted to mean that jazz musicians always crowd their music with too many notes. Perhaps not what Brett meant, but it could have been (and apparently was by Az) interpreted that way.

Where I come from, we call this a misunderstanding and move on with our lives.

EDIT - and to think JJ stopped the Huddle fights because they led to some nasty bickering.

Edited by Easy n Dirty

Link the post where I said that.

1397448[/snapback]

ok :D

1397470[/snapback]

You sure do take a lot of cheating shortcuts when trying to make someone look bad.

I'm convinced you cannot read. That post says MILES DAVIS is a mindless noodler, NOT all jazz music like you originally accused me of. You are such a deceiving moran.

Gotta wonder if Az hankers after the good ol' days of arguments with me about Pink Floyd.  :D

1397462[/snapback]

i hanker after the good old days when i didn't have a psycopathic twit stalking me around cyberspace. it's like the huddler version of 'fatal attraction' :D

Ahhhhhh, nothing like an offseason Friday at the huddle....

To paraphrase something a great man once said:

"Lack of Football make a man WEAK!"

Edited by Bonehand

you did seem to be implying that sentiment when you wrote this:

Anyone who judges the quality of music by the quantity of chords or notes is a Megan Fox.  Oh, I forgot, you're a jazz snob.

For Weige

Jazz snob - One who dismisses all forms of music that is not jazz. A person who thinks improvisation, frequent key changes and the cluttering of notes is the only element that matters in music.

Edited by Brentastic

I'm convinced you cannot read.  That post says MILES DAVIS is a mindless noodler, NOT all jazz music like you originally accused me of.  You are such a deceiving moran.

1397473[/snapback]

are you for real? :D

i didn't "accuse" you of calling anyone or anything a mindless noodler until after you had.

i hanker after the good old days when i didn't have a psycopathic twit stalking me around cyberspace.    it's like the huddler version of 'fatal attraction' :D

1397476[/snapback]

Another comment stemming from the fact that you are embarassed about being called out. It's easy to say I'm the one stalking because I won't let you get the last lying/deceiving word in. Putz. How am I stalking you when you won't let it die even though I've proved in this thread that you are wrong yet you continue to use deceptive methods to make me look bad?