[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baseball Opening Day

Chief Dick

Anyone else going to an opening day Monday?

We have always purchased a block of tickets to the Royals opener for a long time, and this year there are 55 of us going. The game is at 3:00, so we will be there about 9:30 for some tailgating. Plenty of beer and food.

We also bring our on Johnny On the Spot, which we tow out to Royals Stadium on a trailer. It's great because in the past we have charged people to use it, and usually make enough money to buy our beer in the stadium.

They are calling for 60's and sunny here Monday, so should be a great time. Any other KC huddler's going to the game, send me a PM and come by and take a whiz for free.

I've been to the last 3 Tiger opening days. Looking doubtful this year unless I can score a ticket through work. My buddies and I didn't renew our season tickets. :D

edit: I checked eBay and they are going for $75 for standing room only. A very big deal hear in The D.

Edited by Puddy

bier and i are catching the rox/d-backs.  :D ok two pretty crappy teams, but still...it's opening day!

1398029[/snapback]

:D used to catch lots of opening days in sf. i think az and i are starting a little tradition.

Guest Cherni

I'm heading out to Shea tomorrow for Mets v Nationals. Just checked the weather, it looks like we might be in store for some showers. When I first heard we had seats under the overhang I was pissed, but now I'm psyched.

Fillet and shrimp skewers on the BBQ, 1/4 keg. That should do it.

:D Let's Go Mets

Edited by Cherni

Anyone else going to an opening day Monday?

We have always purchased a block of tickets to the Royals opener for a long time, and this year there are 55 of us going. The game is at 3:00, so we will be there about 9:30 for some tailgating. Plenty of beer and food.

We also bring our on Johnny On the Spot, which we tow out to Royals Stadium on a trailer. It's great because in the past we have charged people to use it, and usually make enough money to buy our beer in the stadium.

They are calling for 60's and sunny here Monday, so should be a great time. Any other KC huddler's going to the game, send me a PM and come by and take a whiz for free.

1397806[/snapback]

Have fun Chief and may the Tigers ruin your opening day :D

I've been to the last 3 Tiger opening days.  Looking doubtful this year unless I can score a ticket through work.  My buddies and I didn't renew our season tickets.  :D

edit:  I checked eBay and they are going for $75 for standing room only.  A very big deal hear in The D.

1398034[/snapback]

That's is the like the Pirates-West out there in Detroit: Jim Leyland, Lloyd McClendon, Gene Lamont, Andy Van Slyke, Rafael Belliard, Don Slaught

The Tigers have always been the team I sort of root for, but don't follow in the American League.

As for me, I am not going to opening day, as the Pirates are in Milwaukee, but, I am taking a half-day from work and will be drinking some beer and watching the game on TV.

I love opening day. :D

I'm heading out to Shea tomorrow for Mets v Nationals. Just checked the weather, it looks like we might be in store for some showers. When I first heard we had seats under the overhang I was pissed, but now I'm psyched.

Fillet and shrimp skewers on the BBQ, 1/4 keg. That should do it.

:D Let's Go Mets

1399563[/snapback]

good game to watch for an opener...what did you think of that put out at the plate?

Guest Cherni
good game to watch for an opener...what did you think of that put out at the plate?

1401332[/snapback]

It was awesome. Piazza would have never made that play or another defensive gem by LoDuca. I love having a backstop that can actually field. Great win for the Mets let's set the tone.

It was awesome. Piazza would have never made that play or another defensive gem by LoDuca. I love having a backstop that can actually field. Great win for the Mets let's set the tone.

1401384[/snapback]

Grabbed LoDuca in my 10-team roto league today after seeing him go 2-3 (finished 2-4 with a ribbie) from the 2-hole. Should put up solid numbers from that spot, in that stacked lineup. I've been a LoDuca fan since he was in LA. I thought it was a HUGH mistake for the Dodgers to let him go. Typical Dodger BS though... glad I'm not a Dodger fan. :D

E2A: Plus, his wife is smokin' hot. :D

Edited by darin3