[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

Homer J

A guy I work with is busting on me pretty good today about the Rangers. He goes "what sport do the New York Rangers play, because it sure isn't hockey." Then he says the Rangers coach said take the ice so the Rangers went to the 711 and got a bag of ice... I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of? maybe I work with you and I don't even know it!

Edited by Homer J

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D you kill me!  A hook is when the blade wrapes around someone and a spear is when the stick is driven straight into someone.. maybe he speared him with a hook :D

1439874[/snapback]

no, it's not a spear, dude. you need to watch slapshot again. spear happen when the guy take the stick, you know, and he go like that to the udder guy. i put my arm up, the game stop, then start up.

Guest Cherni
no, it's not a spear, dude.  you need to watch slapshot again.  spear happen when the guy take the stick, you know, and he go like that to the udder guy.  i put my arm up, the game stop, then start up.

1439987[/snapback]

:D

From the NHL's web site:

Hooking: A tugging motion with both arms, as if pulling something toward the stomach

Spearing: shall mean stabbing an opponent with the point of the stick blade whether contact is made or not.

1439934[/snapback]

Thanks for proving it was not spearing. There was no forward stabbing motion with the stick on that play. It was an upward swing of the stick where the blade must have caught him in a vulnerable spot in his mid-section.

Guest Cherni
A guy I work with is busting on me pretty good today about the Rangers.  He goes "what sport do the New York Rangers play, because it sure isn't hockey."  Then he says the Rangers coach said take the ice so the Rangers went to the 711 and got a back of ice...  I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of? maybe I work with you and I don't even know it!

1439950[/snapback]

:D Only 1 rangers fan in my office, thankfully. I doubt he's you. Are you a 70 year old overweight white dude?

Thanks for proving it was not spearing.  There was no forward stabbing motion with the stick on that play.  It was an upward swing of the stick where the blade must have caught him in a vulnerable spot in his mid-section.

1439990[/snapback]

let's not turn this into a rehash on the tuck-rule discussion :D

Guest Cherni
has a spear been called within the past 20 years

1440004[/snapback]

Heck yeah it has. The only reason why they're few and far between is b/c players know they're going to get called if they try and pull it. It's a dirty move.

EDIT: March 21st of this year.

Pittsburgh's Eric Cairns was assessed five penalties totaling 40 minutes -- including a double game misconduct -- at the end of the second period. Cairns, who got a major for spearing Zdeno Chara, was also assessed a fighting major and a misconduct. Chara was given a fighting major and a misconduct.

"I got speared twice, so that's why I reacted like I reacted," Chara said.

Edited by Cherni

Thanks for proving it was not spearing.  There was no forward stabbing motion with the stick on that play.  It was an upward swing of the stick where the blade must have caught him in a vulnerable spot in his mid-section.

1439990[/snapback]

No wonder they booed him when he got up then!

Heck yeah it has. The only reason why they're few and far between is b/c players know they're going to get called if they try and pull it. It's a dirty move.

EDIT: March 21st of this year.

Pittsburgh's Eric Cairns was assessed five penalties totaling 40 minutes -- including a double game misconduct -- at the end of the second period. Cairns, who got a major for spearing Zdeno Chara, was also assessed a fighting major and a misconduct. Chara was given a fighting major and a misconduct.

"I got speared twice, so that's why I reacted like I reacted," Chara said.

1440037[/snapback]

yes. i know it has..... the tuck rule (as called in the oak/ne game) was remarkable obscure. i watch a tremendous amount of football and never had seen it called before that play.

oh, and this is for Brewer....ESPN NEWS showed highlights for the game and mentioned how the Flyers fans boo'd ....

when Umberger was laid out...they put that hit in a top 10..

of course the hit was clean and had shock and awe lol...but he couldn't get up for 2 minutes and blood poured out his nose...also he had to be helped off...that's not exactly something you glorify...

oh, and this is for Brewer....ESPN NEWS showed highlights for the game and mentioned how the Flyers fans boo'd ....

of course the hit was clean and had shock and awe lol...but he couldn't get up for 2 minutes and blood poured out his nose...also he had to be helped off...that's not exactly something you glorify...

1440461[/snapback]

hell yeah it is. don't put your head down on me, BEEEEEEYOTCH!! :D

hell yeah it is.  don't put your head down on me, BEEEEEEYOTCH!! :D

1440481[/snapback]

Without being a dick, I actually agree. I felt bad for Umberger, but this is hockey. Keep your head up. The hit was clean. As I mentioned before, those kind of hits send a message, look at what Scott Stevens did for years. Intimidation, it's a HUGH part of hockey.

Without being a dick, I actually agree. I felt bad for Umberger, but this is hockey. Keep your head up. The hit was clean. As I mentioned before, those kind of hits send a message, look at what Scott Stevens did for years. Intimidation, it's a HUGH part of hockey.

1440572[/snapback]

yup. umberger will be fine, i'm sure. if it's someone like lindros who's already had so many concussions...then maybe you're not all geeked up thinking about what a brilliant hit it was. ok, maybe you are but only because lindros is a little primadonna bisch. but you get my point.

yup.  umberger will be fine, i'm sure.  if it's someone like lindros who's already had so many concussions...then maybe you're not all geeked up thinking about what a brilliant hit it was.  ok, maybe you are but only because lindros is a little primadonna bisch.  but you get my point.

1440586[/snapback]

Umberger played last night, he'll be fine.

1440461[/snapback]

7+ times :D

1440572[/snapback]

everything you mentioned, I love about hockey...

it's the part with him looking like a swoosh who had a dizzy-spell I have a problem with...