[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

Homer J

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup.  umberger will be fine, i'm sure.  if it's someone like lindros who's already had so many concussions...then maybe you're not all geeked up thinking about what a brilliant hit it was.  ok, maybe you are but only because lindros is a little primadonna bisch.  but you get my point.

1440586[/snapback]

I still miss seeing Lindros play....when he plays on another team coming to visit...that is clearly not him...

he was everything I loved about Hockey when I was younger 10x...

he was everything I loved about Hockey when I was younger 10x...

1441691[/snapback]

What? A whiner? A cry baby? Someone who refused to play for the team that drafted him? You gotta be kidding me. He was a decent hockey player when he wasn't drooling on himself after a Stevens hit, but his character certainly isn't anything admirable imo.

Guest Cherni
What? A whiner? A cry baby? Someone who refused to play for the team that drafted him? You gotta be kidding me. He was a decent hockey player when he wasn't drooling on himself after a Stevens hit, but his character certainly isn't anything admirable imo.

1441713[/snapback]

Forgetting about his character for a second, the guy was a HUGH force on the ice every shift he played. No one wanted to face him head to head.

1441713[/snapback]

when he was on the ice....he was always either crushing someone, making a perfect pass or rifling a shot...

I loved seeing him push the puck up off a face-off and weave through the players...then lay into someone against the boards and make a pass to Clyde Simmons or John LeClair I think...

Guest Cherni
when he was on the ice....he was always either crushing someone, making a perfect pass or rifling a shot...

I loved seeing him push the puck up off a face-off and weave through the players...then lay into someone against the boards and make a pass to Clyde Simmons or John LeClair I think...

1441725[/snapback]

:D

I hated the guy. Never wanted to see him on the ice against the Isles.

wow...I was sure you had better than that  :D

1441687[/snapback]

I do, but I'm saving them for the Rangers fans. :D

I just find it odd that fans of an organization who used to go by "Broad Street Bullies" would be upset that the orgaization gets that kind of coverage. :D You'd think that they'd like it.

I do, but I'm saving them for the Rangers fans.  :D

I just find it odd that fans of an organization who used to go by "Broad Street Bullies" would be upset that the orgaization gets that kind of coverage.  :D You'd think that they'd like it.

1441781[/snapback]

no...I'm talking about philly in general...because everybody else won't shut up about how 'classless' we are...

I'm just pointing out how one sided the argument is..that's all..

as a hockey fan...the Umberger hit was nasty...I love those kinds of hits...and it's okay to cheer it...

but when blood is involved and all of that...it's about time to stop cheering..

Guest Cherni
then...lol...he took a cheap shot on Lindros...one of the 1st real-real big concussions he had...

1441789[/snapback]

He's been known to do that. He did however have one of the nastiest hip checks in the history of the game. He would line you up from across the ice and take you down cleanly. I really liked him on the Isles, he was brutal.

He's been known to do that. He did however have one of the nastiest hip checks in the history of the game. He would line you up from across the ice and take you down cleanly. I really liked him on the Isles, he was brutal.

1441890[/snapback]

I wouldn't mind him on the Flyers in his prime...lol..but that hit and then seeing Morozov laughing about it stuck up in my crawl...

Guest Cherni
I wouldn't mind him on the Flyers in his prime...lol..but that hit and then seeing Morozov laughing about it stuck up in my crawl...

1441896[/snapback]

Yeah I hear you. Nothing funny about concussions in any sport.

1441725[/snapback]

lindros, john leclair and mike renberg were known as the "legion of doom" line back in the mid to late 90's.

lindros, john leclair and mike renberg were known as the "legion of doom" line back in the mid to late 90's.

1441961[/snapback]

exactly...and before that...lol...Lindors, recchi and Brent Fedyk were the "crazy eight's"...horrible name, but 88, 8 and 18..

also..note: I call John LeClair, Clyde Simmons because Clyde had a nice sack total one year due to Reggie White getting all the attention...without Reggie...he was nothing..

1441970[/snapback]

gotcha. i remember about leclair, that he was buried on the the 4th line with the canadians then he gets traded to the flyers he turns into a all star. 49 points in his first 37 games , then three straight 50 goal seasons and over 80 points in 4 straight seasons.

1441961[/snapback]

Detroiters affectionatly refer to them as the "Legion of Broom". :D

Edited by Voltaire

Congrats to the Sharks! Bier came out to Nashville and we went to game 5 of the Preds/Sharks series. It was a great game and we had a great time! Unfortunately, the Preds ran into a better team in this series. Watch out for the Sharks because they are a hot team. I think they have a chance to go deep into the playoffs.

I make no excuses the Stars flat out got beat today, and in game 1. Game 2 they had, and let slip away, and I still think game 3 you choke on that whistle with less than 2 minutes on an obvious flop. But overall Dallas didnt play to win, but not to lose, and they certainly lost, over and over and well 4 times total. :D