[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

Homer J

Flyers just look like crap out there...the refs call everything on them and then some....which make it even worse...

we're already getting outplayed and every time they touch a Sabre player...it's a penalty....even Forsberg pushed the one guy with his glove, he dove....penalty....

no wonder they stopped hitting...the only thing they could have left going for them..

I don't know how we win in Philly or how we won those philly games to begin with...

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flyers just look like crap out there...the refs call everything on them and then some....which make it even worse...

we're already getting outplayed and every time they touch a Sabre player...it's a penalty....even Forsberg pushed the one guy with his glove, he dove....penalty....

no wonder they stopped hitting...the only thing they could have left going for them..

I don't know how we win in Philly or how we won those philly games to begin with...

1446863[/snapback]

i have to admit, diving is really getting to be a problem in these playoffs. guys don't even TRY to fight through obstruction any more, if they feel a dude's hand on their shoulder they just fold like a house of cards to draw the call. i'm all for the new strict enforcement policy, but i'd like to seem the call a few unsportsmanlikes to keep the diving from getting out of control.

Guest Cherni
i have to admit, diving is really getting to be a problem in these playoffs.  guys don't even TRY to fight through obstruction any more, if they feel a dude's hand on their shoulder they just fold like a house of cards to draw the call.  i'm all for the new strict enforcement policy, but i'd like to seem the call a few unsportsmanlikes to keep the diving from getting out of control.

1447029[/snapback]

Absolutely. If you've ever watched an NHL team practice during the season, you will not see a single guy hit the ice. These guys just don't fall. They've got serious balance. The NHL needs to crack down more on that it's a bunch of crap IMO.

Unbelievably  bad finish to the season by the Red Wings.  To put up one of the finest regular seasons ever and get eliminated by the 8th seed in the first round is practically inconceivable.  :D

1447753[/snapback]

well, it certainly isn't the first time the redwings have choked against a much lower seed in the playoffs :D

:D  :D  :violin:  :D  :D

1449921[/snapback]

There aren't enough bags available for you guys. I think Clarke's gotta go. He just can't put a team on the ice that wins in the playoffs. He's got the money, and he signs the big names, but they can't get it done.

There aren't enough bags available for you guys. I think Clarke's gotta go. He just can't put a team on the ice that wins in the playoffs. He's got the money, and he signs the big names, but they can't get it done.

1449949[/snapback]

Sounds like a NYC area team that I know. :D

i'm pretty stoked for tonight's game 7 (calgary/anaheim).  if the ducks win, the avs get them in the next round.  if calgary wins, the avs get the sharks.

here's hoping for an anaheim victory in about 12 OTs :D

1450231[/snapback]

plus very interesting that the 5,6,7,8 could all advance.

plus very interesting that the 5,6,7,8 could all advance.

1450239[/snapback]

and 1,2,3,4 in the east.

certainly says something for the depth of the western conference. i mean, i'm honestly not even very surprised that edmonton, colo, and SJ have advanced, and anaheim is on the cusp.

and how about the avs, oilers and flames all representin' the toughest division in the league. :D

Sounds like a NYC area team that I know. :D

1449955[/snapback]

ouch, that'll leave a mark. :D :rolleyes:It's not like I'm not used to it though. :D

I miss the old time playoffs.. Hansons: Just puttin on the on the foil coach. :Hansons :D

Good matchups. The top 4 in the East, the bottom 4 in the West. I guess you can look at that 2 ways. You could say that the West is deeper because the bottom 4 was able to advance, or you could say that the East is stronger because the top 4 teams made it through. :D

I think Buffalo beats Ottawa, and Carolina beats NJ.

I think Edmonton beats San Jose, and Colorado beats Anaheim.

Good matchups. The top 4 in the East, the bottom 4 in the West. I guess you can look at that 2 ways. You could say that the West is deeper because the bottom 4 was able to advance, or you could say that the East is stronger because the top 4 teams made it through. :D

I think Buffalo beats Ottawa, and Carolina beats NJ.

I think Edmonton beats San Jose, and Colorado beats Anaheim.

1453546[/snapback]

i disagree on 3 out of 4.  :D

1453768[/snapback]

You may be right Az, I too disagree on 3 out 4. :D

Let's go 'Canes. :D