[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

Homer J

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Canes win in overtime.  :D

1458062[/snapback]

What a great freakin game! Couldn't believe they acutally tied the game after going down 1 with 20 sec. left on the clock. Pulled the goalie and there's Staal all alone just outside the crease. WOW!!!

hey, the avs FINALLY lit the lamp :D:D

1459395[/snapback]

:D helluva game last night, though. a few thoughts...dustin penner, holy f'n chit. i'd never even heard of this guy before this series. he is absolutely eating us alive. lupul had 4 goals, but penner created almost every one of them. we just have no answer, i was wincing every time he was on the ice.

brisebois and turgeon cost us that game last night. gawd they f'n sucked. one bonehead play after another, culminating in brisebois sending an outlet pass right up the middle and right onto penner's fubbking tape for the OT winner. everyone on the team should kick him as hard as they can in the nuts for that idiot rookie mistake. :D

Edited by Azazello1313

dustin penner, holy f'n chit.  i'd never even heard of this guy before this series.  he is absolutely eating us alive.  lupul had 4 goals, but penner created almost every one of them.  we just have no answer, i was wincing every time he was on the ice.

1460195[/snapback]

they keep calling the guy "big penner" tonight :D

looks like about 2.5 minutes left in the avs season :D

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so my Devils/Sharks finals has gone down the crapper.

Anyhoo....... I am firmly on the Edmonton bandwagon as they are the last Canadian team left in the playoffs. Roly has shown to be a clutch playoff goalie as he was with the Wild in 2003-2004, and Pronger is really stepping up as well. :D

As for the east, I want to see Buffalo advance, not just because they have former Minnesota Gopher standout Thomas Vanek playing for them, but no southern team should ever win the Stanley Cup.

And just so I don't get too much vitriol from that last statement:

1) Tampa Bay was a fluke. There. I said it. Deal with it.

2) Dallas bought the Cup with all the money Norm Green threw out for players once he got his sweetheart deal to move the team. Yes, they had great coaching, but they had the same coaching in MN, with about a 1/3 of the talent.

3) Unless I can justify the existance of any other southern teams by giving them a MN connection of some sort - then they are dead to me.

one of my suppliers gave me two tickets to game three tonight for the edmonton game and we picked up 4 more for game four. never been to a playoff game in edmonton before but this city is going insane for the oilers now, its safe to assume the bandwagon is overflowing at this point.

one of my suppliers gave me two tickets to game three tonight for the edmonton game and we picked up 4 more for game four. never been to a playoff game in edmonton before but this city is going insane for the oilers now, its safe to assume the bandwagon is overflowing at this point.

1482898[/snapback]

Sounds like a blast, enjoy. :D

And here's hoping that the last remaining Canadian team gets spanked at home. :D

:D

• 4 weeks later...

And so it comes to this. Game 7, in Carolina, for the right to hoist the Stanley Cup. After losing Roloson and getting shellacked in game 2, the Oilers have turned things around and are literally beating the championship out of the Hurricanes. Tonight will tell if it's one of the greatest comebacks ever in Stanley Cup history, or if the veterans can right the ship and deliver the first Cup to the Carolinas. Either way, I'll be at the bar with a buddy of mine wearing my Oilers jersey and tossing back some beers. :D

And this thread really needed a bump.

Edited by SeductiveNun

And so it comes to this. Game 7, in Carolina, for the right to hoist the Stanley Cup. After losing Roloson and getting shellacked in game 2, the Oilers have turned things around and are literally beating the championship out of the Hurricanes. Tonight will tell if it's one of the greatest comebacks ever in Stanley Cup history, or if the veterans can right the ship and deliver the first Cup to the Carolinas. Either way, I'll be at the bar with a buddy of mine wearing my Oilers jersey and tossing back some beers. :D

And this thread really needed a bump.

Should be a great game and a great way to end a terrific season. This is what the NHL needed :D