[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

Homer J

Guest Cherni
is that some kind of g-a-y cult thing?  :D  Let me guess your not only a member your also the president...

1425046[/snapback]

That doesn't even make sense chief. Makes about as much sense as a Rangers fan from Utica. I can't blame you for jumping on the bandwagon as so many of your fellow "fans" have.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't even make sense chief. Makes about as much sense as a Rangers fan from Utica. I can't blame you for jumping on the bandwagon as so many of your fellow "fans" have.

1425053[/snapback]

Being from Utica.. who should I like? The Rangers kid brother the Islanders?

Guest Cherni
Being from Utica.. who should I like? The Rangers kid brother the Islanders?

1425060[/snapback]

I would think Buffalo. And don't forget The Islanders have twice as many cups as the blueshirts and have only been playing since 1972. So take it easy. Also don't forget the rangers haven't been in the playoffs in 7 years whereas the Isles have been one of 8 teams to make it the past 3 in a row (this year excluded of course). Please the rangers as an organization are terrible. Don't forget that. Dolan? Please.

I would think Buffalo. And don't forget The Islanders have twice as many cups as the blueshirts and have only been playing since 1972. So take it easy. Also don't forget the rangers haven't been in the playoffs in 7 years whereas the Isles have been one of 8 teams to make it the past 3 in a row (this year excluded of course). Please the rangers as an organization are terrible. Don't forget that. Dolan? Please.

1425068[/snapback]

I'll give you that the Rangers have been poorly managed under Smith but things are looking better. Buffalo's just as far as NYC from us. I do like the Sabers and I don't even mind the Islanders (easy points)... it's the Devils I hate more than any team in sports. That's kind of weird to because the Devils farm club use to be in Utica.

Guest Cherni
I'll give you that the Rangers have been poorly managed under Smith but things are looking better.  Buffalo's just as far as NYC from us.  I do like the Sabers and I don't even mind the Islanders (easy points)... it's the Devils I hate more than any team in sports. That's kind of weird to because the Devils farm club use to be in Utica.

1425097[/snapback]

:D

Except for the part about easy points. :D But you're right, the rangers have dominated the season series even when the Isles had the far better team.

what is this "hockey playoffs" of  which you speak of ????  :D

what a log jam atop the atlantic division, three teams that can win it. although the flyers look to have the best chance playing the hopeless ny islanders, with jersey in montreal and ottawa at the nyr.

1424734[/snapback]

but I beleive the Flyers need to win, while both the Rangers and Devils need to lose outright. That's a tall order for the Flyers even though they have the easiest opponent of the three.

but I beleive the Flyers need to win, while both the Rangers and Devils need to lose outright.  That's a tall order for the Flyers even though they have the easiest opponent of the three.

1425276[/snapback]

I'm hoping that Philly wins and the Rangers and Devils loose. This was I can see the Rangers play the Sabers. Either way I have tickets to game 1 in Buffalo.

Guest Cherni
I don't think anyone wants to play the Devils right now after winning 10 straight. :D

1425354[/snapback]

Make it 11. Better yet, let's make it 15 in a row. :D

It should be a good matchup (choke, choke) but I wouldn't want to have to score on Brodeur right now. Not exactly an easy task. They're white hot.

Edited by Cherni

Guest Cherni
Lets go Rangers!

Devils streak ends at 12 and Rangers take it 4-2.

1426334[/snapback]

The rangers are limping into the playoffs having lost 5 straight (COUGH). The Devils have won 11 straight.

1940 FOREVER!!!

THE RANGERS SUCK

Of course. There is a hatred between Islander fans and Rangers fans that goes back a long time. They chant "Potvin Sucks", which anybody who knows their hindquarter from their elbow knows that's not true. We chant "1940" and "The Rangers Suck". It's a lot of fun actually. But yeah 1940 forever!!!

1424810[/snapback]

Don't forget the " Dennis Potvin beats his wife " chant. I love that one. :D

Did the Pens make the playoffs this year?  :D

1426566[/snapback]

That is NOT funny. :D

But with an 18% chance of getting the #1 pick next year, and the Malkin deal close to being done, things are certainly looking brighter. :D

Guest Cherni
Don't forget the " Dennis Potvin beats his wife " chant. I love that one. :D

1426469[/snapback]

Beat your wife Potvin, beat your wife :D:D

That's a classic. It's a great rivalry, not so great recently as both teams haven't been good at the same time in a while.

The rangers are limping into the playoffs having lost 5 straight (COUGH). The Devils have won 11 straight.

1940 FOREVER!!!

THE RANGERS SUCK

1426343[/snapback]

I think I might go out and by a Dale Hunter jersey... :D

Guest Cherni
I think I might go out and by a Dale Hunter jersey... :D

1426640[/snapback]

Oh that chit is F'd up man :D How about a Gary Roberts and/or Darcy Tucker jersey too? :D

Oh that chit is F'd up man :D How about a Gary Roberts and/or Darcy Tucker jersey too? :D

1426658[/snapback]

:D Since I'm not from the City I never understood why Ranger fans hate the Islanders.. :D I think I understand why now.. Thanks for clearing that up for me

Edited by Homer J