[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

Homer J

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cherni
You sound awfully bitter about things...  :D

1426974[/snapback]

Nah, my hockey season was doomed from the start. DiPietro isn't the keeper that Milbury (i hate him) thought he was. So once The Isles are out of contention my only interest in hockey is rooting against the rangers. It's baseball season as far as I'm concerned. I will be happy when I go to Bethpage to play golf and see a few rangers teeing off next week.

Nah, my hockey season was doomed from the start. DiPietro isn't the keeper that Milbury (i hate him) thought he was. So once The Isles are out of contention my only interest in hockey is rooting against the rangers. It's baseball season as far as I'm concerned. I will be happy when I go to Bethpage to play golf and see a few rangers teeing off next week.

1427015[/snapback]

I'm sure they'll be kicking the Islander's ass at golf to.

Flyers are done and it's unfortunate....

we may make it to the conference finals...but will lose...

Kim Johnsson and Primieu being sidelined is huge....we're too slow in certain areas and will be exposed there...

Rathje, Desjardins and Hatcher will be exposed on defense...

Carolina or NJ will advance to the stanley cup finals..

Flyers are done and it's unfortunate....

we may make it to the conference finals...but will lose...

Kim Johnsson and Primieu being sidelined is huge....we're too slow in certain areas and will be exposed there...

Rathje, Desjardins and Hatcher will be exposed on defense...

Carolina or NJ will advance to the stanley cup finals..

1427023[/snapback]

Esche Sucks!!!!

Esche Sucks!!!!

1427027[/snapback]

I was hoping even 2 years ago that we'd let Nittymakki take over the starting gig..

if we let him take over this year and traded Esche...we'd be in better shape IMO...

there is no rhythm between the 2 being shuffled consistently..

I was hoping even 2 years ago that we'd let Nittymakki take over the starting gig..

if we let him take over this year and traded Esche...we'd be in better shape IMO...

there is no rhythm between the 2 being shuffled consistently..

1427036[/snapback]

I wouldn't hate Philly half as much if they dumped Esche

(1)Detroit vs. (8) Edmonton

(2) Dallas vs. (7) Colorado

(3) Calgary vs. (6) Anaheim

(4) Nashville vs. (5) San Jose

east

(1) Ottawa vs. (8) Tampa Bay

(2) Carolina vs. (7) Montreal

(3) New Jersey vs. (6) NY Rangers

(4) Buffalo vs. (5) Philadelphia

I'll take: Detroit, Colorado, Calgary and San Jose in the West.

I'll take: Ottawa, Carolina, New Jersey, and Philadelphia in the East.

Emery is not going to get it done for the Sens, but he should be good enough to get them past the Lightning.

Guest Cherni
I'll take: Detroit, Dallas, Anaheim and San Jose

I'll take: Tampa, Carolina, Islanders... opps I mean the Rangers and Buffalo

1427052[/snapback]

The Isles have about as much of a chance of beating the Devils as the rangers do. :D

The Isles have about as much of a chance of beating the Devils as the rangers do. :D

1427055[/snapback]

Devils are crazy right now...something awful has to happen to slow them down..

like Brodeur turning into bambi on ice..

Jagr is the best player in the world hands down. The guy has more talent that 99% of NHL teams by himself. 

1426930[/snapback]

:D whatever. there's an abundance of great talent in the NHL and worldwide..... he may be the best ( and I agree he is)..... but better than 99% of NHL teams is downright silly. joey T scored more points than Jagr..... d*mn near tallied 100 helpers...... and cheechoo scored more goals. :D

there's a plethera of great young talent in the league..... Ovechkin, Crosby & right in NY with Prucha.

Jagr is the only reason why the rangers had a good season.

1426930[/snapback]

I got 2 words for you........ Henrik Lundqvist. :D without him this year...... the Rangers would be NOWHERE NEAR where they are. you can score goals all you want.... but without someone solid in the pipes...... you'll go nowhere.

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

Guest Cherni
:D  whatever.  there's an abundance of great talent in the NHL and worldwide..... he may be the best ( and I agree he is)..... but better than 99% of NHL teams is downright silly.  joey T scored more points than Jagr..... d*mn near tallied 100 helpers...... and cheechoo scored more goals.  :D

there's a plethera of great young talent in the league..... Ovechkin, Crosby & right in NY with Prucha.

I got 2 words for you........ Henrik Lundqvist.  :D  without him this year...... the Rangers would be NOWHERE NEAR where they are. you can score goals all you want.... but without someone solid in the pipes...... you'll go nowhere.

1427094[/snapback]

:D

EDIT: I disagree. In the regular season you can win by scoring a ton of goals, just like in baseball you can with with offense. However come playoff time you need a great goalie in hockey and an ace on the mound in baseball.

Edited by Cherni

:D  whatever.  there's an abundance of great talent in the NHL and worldwide..... he may be the best ( and I agree he is)..... but better than 99% of NHL teams is downright silly.  joey T scored more points than Jagr..... d*mn near tallied 100 helpers...... and cheechoo scored more goals.  :D

I got 2 words for you........ Henrik Lundqvist.  :D  without him this year...... the Rangers would be NOWHERE NEAR where they are. you can score goals all you want.... but without someone solid in the pipes...... you'll go nowhere.

1427094[/snapback]

Rangers will likely get swept in the 1st round...

Guest Cherni
Rangers will likely get swept in the 1st round...

1427123[/snapback]

If they do, there's a 6 pack in it for you, my treat.

Guest Cherni
I'll take the beer if they get sweet thanks... at least I'll win either way.

1427184[/snapback]

Fair enough. Hopefully you can PM a shipping address. Then we both win. :D

Rangers and the Devils playing each other... the only good thing is that one of them will be going home after the first round. Unfortunately, one of them will still be playing.

Go Flyers (and then anyone else besides the Rangers or Devils).