[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

Homer J

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cherni
That was the best finish to a period that I have seen in a long time.  Devils kill off a 2 man advantage, Madden steps out of the box and breaks in on Weeks.  He makes a save, but his D put it in their own net.  :D

Ain't playoff hockey great?

1435171[/snapback]

And the best part about it was if the rangers defensemen hadn't tried to make a play on the puck in the net, it probably wouldn't have went in.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

Guest Cherni
I thought there was a change in net...

1435150[/snapback]

I wasn't sure if there was going to be a change. Not doing much better though. :D

And the best part about it was if the rangers defensemen hadn't tried to make a play on the puck in the net, it probably wouldn't have went in.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

1435183[/snapback]

Yeah, I don't think that Madden had an idea that the puck was sitting on the line. :D

Guest Cherni
4-1 Devils in a lop-sided victory. Henry won't give up as many goals as the rangers will not be in the box as much. He played well, just didn't have a chance with all the PP's.

1434608[/snapback]

:D

The hit on Umberger was clean, Scott Stevens clean. A hit like that can change the complexion of an entire series, we'll see how it plays out.  Granted, no reason to cheer when a guy is hurt.

Back to the Jagr think, I heard possible dislocated shoulder. Not good. :D

Great playoff hockey so far, that Wings - Oilers series has been great, real nasty with great action. It's AWESOME to have the NHL playofs back. :D

1434012[/snapback]

+1

wow...did the Flyers get screwed on the calls last night or is it me?

I doubt ESPN even mentioned this....but if it was the other way around and Philly was the home team, there would be much more of an issue made out of this...

1433224[/snapback]

They probably got screwed last night to right? :D

They just got worked over last night.

1435933[/snapback]

A complete melt down. 17 penalties, an ejection, misconducts, etc. I said earlier in this thread that a hit like the one Campbell threw on Umberger can change the entire complexion of a series, and that's exactly what happened. If Philly doesn't keep their emotions in check, they'll continue the march to the penalty box, and be playing golf in about 4 days.

little bit better.  3 goals on 18 shots versus 5 goals on 10 shots for ish :D

who's gonna be in net for game 3?  and does it matter?

1436062[/snapback]

Unfortunately I had meetings last night, so I missed almost the whole game, but from what I have heard, the play in front of the goalies didn't help much.

Unfortunately I had meetings last night, so I missed almost the whole game, but from what I have heard, the play in front of the goalies didn't help much.

1436069[/snapback]

the game wasn't on here, either, so i didnt see it. but 5 goals on 10 shots? ok maybe it wasn't ALL the goalie's fault, but sheesh.

1436069[/snapback]

I watched the game. Esche was hung out to dry on 3 of the goals he gave up. 2 were on the power play, with a wide open Buffalo player getting a cross ice pass and just putting it into an empty net, and the other was the Buffalo player skating down the ice, through 3 Flyers who never even tried to put a hit on him, skated across the front of the net, fanned on a wrist shot (which Esche went down to make the save on), and had the time to recover and put the puck in top shelf. The other 2 goals he gave up I thought were kind of soft.

And just to mention this, since nobody else has yet, how's about them Habs? :D

the oil is up 3-1 on the wings early in the second :D

have to say, edmonton looks pretty dam good.

1437566[/snapback]

Yepper, Edmonton looks great. And New Jersey and Buffalo look tough in the East.

As to the Philly goalie thing, they'll go with Esche. He's the guy that got them there, and he had NO support in front of him in Game 1. That being said, it won't matter if the Flyers don't keep their composure and stay out of the box.