[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This just in--The Royals suck..

Chief Dick

Guest Cherni
I disagree.  There are 30 teams and that's the right number.  The Twins and Expos were the last to be contraction candidates.  The Twins now have their new stadium (which is what the contraction thing was all about) and the Expos are going to be just fine in Washington.

One candidate for moving is the Marlins and I'm pretty sure there's a market out there for them, maybe Vegas.

1488233[/snapback]

IMO there should be no baseball in Florida at all after ST. The attendance for the Rays and the Marlins is pathetic. I say contract baseball out of FLA to help the product on the field get back to where it should be. KC shouldn't be contracted, they have loyal fans and a storied history.

IMO there should be no baseball in Florida at all after ST.  The attendance for the Rays and the Marlins is pathetic. I say contract baseball out of FLA to help the product on the field get back to where it should be. KC shouldn't be contracted, they have loyal fans and a storied history.

1488302[/snapback]

I was going to mention the Rays also. I'd go further and recommend abandoning Florida altogether for all sports, including football, hockey and basketball based on attendance. We've all seen the gigantic swathes of empty seats at Heat and Dolphins games, plus NFL Jax struggle to get a crowd.

And the streak is broken by beating the Yankees!!  :D

1489346[/snapback]

I was just checking the standings. I didn't realize the Royals were over .500 just 3 seasons ago. Then a HUGH drop off in '04 (25 games). Did they go in a new direction philosophy wise or was '03 just an anomoly?

I was just checking the standings.  I didn't realize the Royals were over .500 just 3 seasons ago.  Then a HUGH drop off in '04 (25 games).  Did they go in a new direction philosophy wise or was '03 just an anomoly?

1489364[/snapback]

It was an anomoly. Their GM is absolutely the worst. Their farm system has barely anyone to fill the gaps. The Royals player development and drafting is the worst in the game.