[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here we go again

Hankk

As many of you may know, I have sought the advice of this august body on several occasions regarding somewhat complicated relationships that I find myself in. I once again find myself in a dilemma.

I had a serious highschool sweetheart. Beautiful. Smart. Funny. You couldn't ask for more. Problem is, I was going away to college and I had promised myself that I wouldn't leave a girlfriend at home. So I broke up with her and did your typical sow your oats thing at a large midwestern university. Didn't keep in touch.

Well, fast forward 20 years. I hear, from a mutual friend of ours, that she is returning to town. I get a call from her axing me if I am going to the 20th reunion. We chat like its old times, much to my suprise. I hadn't bought a ticket, so I didn't go to the reunion.

Shortly thereafter, we met at an old haunt for drinks. It was as if no time had passed. We fell into old routines almost instantly. It was almost eerie - no it was eerie. Moreover, there was undeniable attraction. Anyone looking at us would have thought we were lovers.

Here comes the kicker - she's married. (To a douchebag, I have come to understand. I'm not sure if it is relevant.)

We close the place. Nothing untoward takes place. I talk to her on the phone for a couple more hours.

The next time I see her is at dinner with the mutual friend (who knew us both in high school.) He said that seeing "K" and I together after 20 years was the goddamdest thing that he ever saw. Total flashback -nothing had changed.

I exchange e-mails with her regularly, talk to her occasionally and have seen her a couple times since. Its only a matter a time, perhaps not too much time, until something serious happens if we continue on this course.

What do you do? Stay away because she's married and who knows what will happen with that? Or do you look at it as being given a second chance - one that you can't let go by without trying to do something? Or do you just get together with her a couple of times for old time's sake (the years have been incredibly kind to her).

Man, the burdens that I bear.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay away, dirtbag.  You had your chance.  Don't mess with another man's wife.

1448833[/snapback]

:D

Well she would have to agree to a relationship first,

and split with her husband before anything happens

my 2 cents

Does she have kids?

1448834[/snapback]

if hankkenfurder isn't fishing here, that's probably the most relevant question IMO. either way though, probably shouldnt get too involved until she knows exactly where things are going with her Megan Foxbag husband. if you value her at all as a person/friend/ex-flame, don't f*ck up her marriage for a little "old times sake" shaggin.

Edited by Azazello1313

1448833[/snapback]

+1. Bad karma. Plus, if she cheats on a husband what does that say about her, and do you want to know?

if hankkenfurder isn't fishing here, that's probably the most relevant question IMO.  either way though, probably shouldnt get too involved until she knows exactly where things are going with her Megan Foxbag husband.  if you value her at all as a person/friend/ex-flame, don't f*ck up her marriage for a little "old times sake" shaggin.

1448854[/snapback]

Pretty on the button in my opinion. It would be one thing if the Megan Foxbag was out of the picture but since he is not then this is not somewhere you want to start a relationship. I've seen some very bad things come out of situations just like this.

We'll lets get this straight. Are we talking about renewing a relationship? or are we just talking about nailing our old girlfriend? It's always fun (and often convenient) to rekindle a hs love, but that's a far cry from trying to take this woman away from her husband.

cheaters are cheaters... if she does it to him... and things get more serious... she'll do it to you.

1448871[/snapback]

eh, this situation is a little different than your routine cheating scenario, IMO. rough spot in a marriage, meets up with an old flame...that creates an emotional cocktail (nostalgia, regret, loneliness) that can slay even good, normally faithful people under the right circumstances. but that's just all the more reason for hannkenfurd to be careful as chit about what he's getting into here.

eh, this situation is a little different than your routine cheating scenario, IMO.  rough spot in a marriage, meets up with an old flame...that creates an emotional cocktail (nostalgia, regret, loneliness) that can slay even good, normally faithful people under the right circumstances.  but that's just all the more reason for hannkenfurd to be careful as chit about what he's getting into here.

1448884[/snapback]

How many marriages don't hit rough spots though? And how many guys are out there who'd take advantage of that? I am not saying that that is what he is doing, but morals are morals. The 'grass is greener' scenerio is a dangerous and tempting one. If things were meant to be, fine. But she needs to take care of her business first, if she doesn't - than she's a cheater.

Edited by Duchess Jack

How many marriages don't hit rough spots though?  And how many guys are out there who'd take advantage of that?  I am not saying that that is what he is doing, but morals are morals.

1448898[/snapback]

Remember Duchess, Az isn't married....

1448833[/snapback]

Dirtbag? :D

Besides, if "Thou Shall Not Kill" doesn't mean what is says, why can't I covet my neighbors' wife? :D