[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How did you meet your signifigant other?

Duchess Jack

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a failed engagement and failed relationship with a hottie, I resorted to Yahoo! Personals and Match.com. Both were lame as heck, but I ended up talking to a girl that lived locally and grew up locally - as I did. She wasn't my type - and was a bit too old for my taste - but set me up with her friend (my current girlfriend/soon-to-be-fiancee). Somethin' like "well if you're not going to date me, I might as well set you up with my friend".

I was on internship in boston. I was meeting a friend for dinner who was doing a post-doc fellowhip at a local hospital. he was friends with one of the women who worked there. he invited her along to dinner because he thought we might be a good match. Neither of us knew it was a set-up.

In fact, I wasn't sure he didn't invite her along because he was into her. After they dropped me off, I immediately called him and left him a message and told him to call me. Once he informed me of his diabolical scheme, he gave me her phone number.

I called her and never dated anyone but her again.

and the name of that friend--George W. Bush.

We were set up on a blind date sophomore year in college. It was to one of her sorority parties. The biyatch who set us up never let us forget it and it wasn't until she failed to get an invitation to our wedding that she realized we didn't like her.

and the name of that friend--George W. Bush.

1449305[/snapback]

:D I hate that this might be a Huddle Joke and I don't get it...

My wife bought me. I was on a personals web site, and she was looking through it. She tells me she kept going back to my profile for a week, and finally caved to keep someone else from getting me :D

Long story short.............

In HS there were dances at a neighboring town. My HS (Morton East, Cicero, IL) was a rough HS and was normally banned from entrance to the dances. Yeah, we had a rep for starting fights! :D My buds and I went and for some strange reason my HS (My JR year, her Frosh) was NOT on the banned list. I saw her, asked her to dance, and the rest is history. Married her 6 years later (whilst we were seniors in College) and this year is our 34th Anniversary.

Dam, I love this woman! :D

BTW.....Good question DJ! :D

Some friends and I went out to a bar with some women I worked with, and my wife came out with her stuck-up friend from marketing.

The bar announced, "Anyone who wants to play a game and get free shots come on up to the stage with a partner". On a whim, I grabbed my wife, and we did a race where you had to get a lime through your partner's pants without using your arms. Then we did shots. Later we hooked up in the parking lot.

It's a very romantic story.

Were you a Jet or a Shark, and is her name Maria?

1449361[/snapback]

A JET! I'm a Polgerm!

When you're a Jet,

You're a Jet all the way

From your first cigarette

To your last dyin' day.

When you're a Jet,

Let 'em do what they can.

You got brothers around,

You're a family man!

You're never alone,

You're never disconnected!

You're home with your own:

When company's expected,

You're well protected!

Then you are set

With a capital J,

Which you'll never forget

Till they cart you away.

When you're a Jet,

You stay a Jet!

(Conversation about the dance)

When you're a Jet,

You're the top cat in town,

You're the gold-metal kid

With the heavyweight crown!

When you're a Jet,

You're the swingin'est thing:

Little boy, you're a man;

Little man, you're a king!

The Jets are in gear,

Our cylinders are clickin'!

The Sharks'll steer clear

'Cause ev'ry Puerto Rican 's a lousy chicken!

Here come the Jets

Like a bat out of hell.

Someone gets in our way,

Someone don't feel so well.

Here come the Jets:

Little world, step aside!

Better go underground,

Better run, better hide.

We're drawin' the line,

So keep your noses hidden!

We're hangin' a sign,

Says "Visitors forbidden"

And we ain't kiddin'!

Here come the Jets,

Yeah! An' we're gonna beat

Ev'ry last buggin' gang

On the whole buggin' street!

On the whole ever-mother-lovin' street!

You'll never know how that movie affected my life!

No her name is .....................secret! :D

Stop in Chi some day and I will introduce you to her! :D

Was living in Milwaukee, went to a friend's grad throwdown in Oshkosh; apparently she'd seen me talking to some friends, asked about me, and was told "ah, watch out for him"; anyway, I was chatting in the living room, got up and went into the kitchen to re-fill my cup (with beer, natch) and she was standing next to the keg telling dirty jokes to 3 of the other guys who were at the party. She looked at me and smiled, and I almost walked into the wall.

Later that night we were making out in the kitchen and she had to leave. I got digits and called her about a week later and set up a date. Neither of us had to leave the night of the date. :D

So I broke up with the girl I'd been dating :D and we've been together ever since.

Stop in Chi some day and I will introduce you to her! :D

1449408[/snapback]

Be careful what you say around here.... I may just take you up on that some day. :D

Word on the street is that you and the Mrs. are about the nicest people on the planet. :D

I met Mrs. Neutron in a music appreciation class in college. She was certainly hot enough, but what sold me was when I watched over her shoulder as she wrote an essay for another class. Wow, I thought - body and brains both! :D

Word on the street is that you and the Mrs. are about the nicest people on the planet.  :D

1449421[/snapback]

Well, I haven't traveled that much, but I WILL vouch that they're in the top 3 for the Upper Midwest.

Some have heard this a million times.

At a keg she was introuduced to me as Chastity. She corrected the person and said to me her name was Charity. I said I'd take a little Charity over a little Chastity anyday.

It really is a ledgendary story around these parts. :D

At a bar.  :D Isn't that where all people meet?

1449285[/snapback]

No.