[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How did you meet your signifigant other?

Duchess Jack

Met her in a bar in New Orleans when she was out with a buddy of mine (tbimm's neighbor) and her girlfriend. I wasnt drinking and they were doing shots all night and she was calling me a Rosie O'Donnell and continuously head butting me until around 5 a.m. at Fat Harry's. I realized she was the one a couple years later when we dated long distance for two year--not easy--before I got her up to DC and made her an honest woman. Little skins will be here at the end of August and she is flying a few sacks of crawfish up from New Orleans for my annual birthday boil later this month.

Definitely a keeper.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We met on the internet in a chat room (we already lived in the same city). We talked on the internet for a month. First time we met was in the food court of a mall. We dated almost 1 1/2 years before we were engaged, and then married a year later. We did eevrything the right way, and I think we have a great marriage. We communicate better than anyone I know. We are expecting our first child any day now. After 4 years, she nows me better than anyway ever has.

I met my first wife in church. We did everything the wrong way, and it was a horrible marriage for 11 years (I am a bit stuborn). I could write a book from the first marriage, about everything not to do. However, we did do one thing right. We never involved the kids (we fought about everthing else in the world, but never the kids). Divorce is never easy on the kids, but my first two are 17 & 16, and they seem to have weathered 7 years of divorce pretty well. For the last two years they have been setting there own living scedule, and do it 50/50.

I feel like I have my cake, and got to eat it too.

The office. :D

1449286[/snapback]

+1

I was going thru a divorce and she was the Accounting Manager of one of my Companies. We were having a strategic planning session the morning after one of my long nights fighting with the ex. She had just started working for the Co. a few months before. A few weeks later I got up the nerve to ask her out. After dating for 1 1/2 years we got married.

Good stuff! :D

At the bar stone drunk after bowling :D. She was coming out of a bad relationship and I had just been served my walking papers by my Ex. Her friend thought I was of Middle Eastern Heritage (to put it in better terms then she used) when actually I'm part beeener. She basically advised my wife to stay away, my wife wasn't smart enough to do that. :D

Anyways, "celebrated" 8 years of marriage yesterday.

She was my first wife's brother's best friend's wife.

If you can grasp that, it's true.

Or, my brother in-law, she was his best friend's wife.

We were both in bad marraiges, ended up in divorce.

She got a job on the same campus as me, and the rest is history.

Finally doing it right with an amazing woman.

:D

1449992[/snapback]

I left out the part I know no one would believe but it's true. I was dancing with twins that worked in her same department. She came up and joined in. Most guys don't dance and if you do, you get tons of chicks to join you so they don't have to dance with each other. I never bagged the twins. :D

Oh, and we were drunk of our ass, so the dancing was fantastic, Mr. Whopper Jr. :D

I left out the part I know no one would believe but it's true.  I was dancing with twins that worked in her same department.  She came up and joined in.  Most guys don't dance and if you do, you get tons of chicks to join you so they don't have to dance with each other.  I never bagged the twins.  :D

1450005[/snapback]

I guess I expected that to be Driveby's story, not yours :D

In college I was working at McDonalds in an attempt to pay my own way through school. I was downstairs in the manager's office changing clothes when the manager walked in on me in nothing but my briefs ... with a new employee in tow. That new employee was my future wife.

At that time she had just moved down from New York and was engaged to her high school sweet heart. Her high school sweet heart was in the military and stationed overseas.

I was hot after anything with tits, but most especially after a girl named Kitty (also working at McDonalds and also engaged to a fiance in absentia). I used to kid the future Ms. Blitz that she should take me out because she was working 2 jobs and raking in the dough. She eventually asked me out ... picked me up in a borrowed car and paid for dinner. I still wanted Kitty though and I was just messing around with the future Ms. Blitz. That was okay though ... because she was still engaged and I was just a fling for her too.

One night the future Ms. Blitz is hanging out at my place after closing down McDonalds (so it's pretty early in the morning) when my phone rings. It's Kitty wanting to come over ... it looked like I was going to finally get my chance with Kitty, if only I could get rid of the future Ms. Blitz. The trick was to get rid of the future Ms. Blitz but leave that option open. I couldn't swing it ... when Kitty showed up the future Ms. Blitz had dug in and was staying ... and NO I didn't get any 3 way action :D

That was pretty much the end of any chance I had with Kitty.

Later my wife decided she was engaged to another man and we were getting too serious so she dumped me. We spent that summer as close friends (cementing a solid friendship), but not dating. I was holding out hopes that we'd hook up again. I finally decided it was time to move on and started seeing another young woman at work. The future Ms. Blitz didn't particularily care for me stepping out on her, even though we were "finished". Shortly thereafter we were engaged and living together.

That was in '83.

I guess I expected that to be Driveby's story, not yours :D

1450025[/snapback]

It wasn't THAT kind of dancing. I think it might've been the Achey Breakey dance back then. :D

Barely knew her in high school, acquaintances with her brother, and then got to know her better when our little rock band became locally popular.

1449744[/snapback]

Similiar situation for me. I was good friends with her brother through grade school and Jr. High. She was 4 years younger than us so I never really noticed her. About 4 years out of high school I seen her at a wedding and thought dam she's pretty good looking. She says we danced and made out that night but I was too drunk to remember. The same scenario played out 4 more times at different bars on the weekends (us making out and me too drunk to remember). I finally called her up and asked her out to a movie.....dated for 8 years and will be married for 3 years this Nov. We're expecting our first child in Sept.

She sold advertising for the newspaper, and I had to go there everyday to drop off obit photos. I made sure to walk by her cubicle very slowly. We were friendly to each other and then one night she came up to me at the bar and said Rebellab talk to me. I said What would you like to talk about? She said the girlfriend you have in Virginia. I said her, it's nothing serious(three years isn't that long). We went out the next week and married 2 years later.

She hung out with my friends in college for a couple years.  I could barely tolerate her.  One night, I was on my last .25 playing video poker...she walked up and wanted to push the buttons.  Of course, she hit a Royal and won $100.  I was going to give her the money but she told me to take her out with it instead.

Of course, the night before Twiley poured so much liquor down her throat that she probably still wasn't thinking clearly.

1449838[/snapback]

:D