[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How did you meet your signifigant other?

Duchess Jack

My wife and I met at a job. We both worked as cashiers at a local grocery store. I had the stiffy for her best friend big time. That girl approached me and asked if I would be interested in her friend. Come to find out later that my wife never really liked me, she just went along with what her friend had set up for us. We ended up becoming best friends for a year or so and then turned it up from there. Been married 6 1/2 wonderful years, but been together for over 11.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang in there big guy  :D

She'll come along when you least expect it!

1449989[/snapback]

I saw a comic do a bit on this - "It happens when you're not lookin' for it" "Well, when the hell is that? I'm always lookin' for it! Is she gonna bust through my window when I'm sleepin'?"

I was 21 working at the Naval Shipyard. I was put on the night shift so I had my days free. My sister had started an aquarium so I went to the local pet store to get her some fish. There was a fox in there with some big boobs so I made it a habit of going back every day for a week. I finally got up my nerve and was going to ask her out. I went in that day an low and behold she had quit and there was someone new in there. My future wife. We married 3 years later and been married since 1982. Guess who I ran into in the Shipyard after I was married. Big Boobs.

We were set up by friends on a blind date...only I didn't know it was a blind date. It was a group thing going out for Halloween. We ditched them and talked all night on a porch. She wasn't really my type but was pretty cool. We exchanged a couple emails after that but lost touch. Three years later we were in the wedding for the couple who set us up, been together every since then. July will be three years we have been married.

We both worked at the same Burger King while we were in high school.

She wanted to see my Whopper and was only a little disappointed that it was a Whopper Jr. :D

1449287[/snapback]

:D

Mine wanted to sleep with The King. :D

I first saw my wife at a HS football game. My friend was driving and the girls were talking to him at his window. I saw her and she saw me. The next time I saw her, I was at one of her friends house. She wanted me to notice her so she put toothpaste on my shirt. It ticked me off, but it must have worked.

Edited by MikesVikes

Was at the mall with a friend when we ran into her and her friend (her friend went to our HS). I didn't really pay any attention to either of them and didn't even remember seeing her. The next day the friend I was with tracks me down and says "that girl with "J" from the mall yesterday wants to be introduced to you." I didn't even know what the future Mrs Pimp even looked like as I said I wasn't paying attention in the mall but if a girl wants to be introduced then who am I to deny her the experience?

Married over 3 years and together for over 10.

We both worked at the same Burger King while we were in high school.

She wanted to see my Whopper and was only a little disappointed that it was a Whopper Jr. :D

1449287[/snapback]

Luckily she didn't want to supersize.

Some friends and I went out to a bar with some women I worked with, and my wife came out with her stuck-up friend from marketing. 

The bar announced, "Anyone who wants to play a game and get free shots come on up to the stage with a partner".  On a whim, I grabbed my wife, and we did a race where you had to get a lime through your partner's pants without using your arms.  Then we did shots.  Later we hooked up in the parking lot.

It's a very romantic story.

1449394[/snapback]

Did you put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up?

He was the first boy to ask me out in high school, freshman year. I turned him down. We were friends for years and didn't get together until I broke up with my boyfriend in college. We've been together since 1984, married since 1987.

I feel like I fell into those little When Harry Met Sally vignettes. :D

1449764[/snapback]

Funny. Before I read the last paragraph, I was going to mention When Harry met Sally. Did you ever fake an orgasm at the restaurant? :D

Edited by MikesVikes

We met on Valentines day when she came over to my Fraternity to drink with friends for a "Hate Men" night. I guess I'm lucky Sorority chicks can't drink in their own house. 12 years later with two kids and still going strong. Funny thing is that her friends never thought we'd last.

Went to an economics conference back in 1998. Had never been to Europe before, so I figured I would stick around for a few extra days to go sightseeing. My last day there I went to the Eiffle Tower. I walked up the stairs to the second level, and while waiting to take the elevator to the top I saw this woman waiting in the queue a little bit behind me. We made eye contact once or twice as we waited in line and she appeared (like me) to be on her own. I started thinking that if she was indeed sightseeing on her own and I was on my own, that wouldn't it be cool if we went sightseeing together (I had a lot of time to think because the elevator line was long and slow). Eventually I decided that if I saw her at the top of the tower that I would go talk to her.

Now, because I am a :D, this sort of thing doesn't come naturally to me. But I did a cost/benefit analysis and realized that about the worst thing that could happen to me would be that I would get ignored or slapped and that even if that happened the embarrassment would be shortlived as I would never see the woman again and I wouldn't ever have to tell anybody about my misfortune.

So eventually I get to the top and I walk around for about 20 minutes or so. I hadn't seen the woman at the top and I was getting ready to head back down, when all of a sudden the woman walks up and stands about 10 feet from me with only one person in between us. And almost immediately that person in the middle walked away.

So here was my moment of truth and I sacked up and went over to talk to her. What did I say? Well, I tried to ask her in French if she would use my camera to take a picture of me on the tower (which seemed like an innocuous thing to ask). Unfortunately, I mangled what I was trying to ask and I think it came across as "Can I take your picture?" But luckily for me she quickly asked me if I spoke English and that saved me. We spoke for about 30 minutes or so and we both explained how we were sightseeing for the day on our own (she was visiting her aunt and uncle who lived near Paris). I asked her if she wanted to get a coffee and she said yes (and then suggested that maybe we could get better coffee if we went down from the tower and went to a normal coffee shop on the ground). So down we went.

Coffee turned into lunch at a cafe and then we decided to go walk around the Jardin du Luxembourg. After about 2 hours, the woman said that she needed to catch the train back to her aunt and uncle's home. I asked if we could exchange addresses and she asked me if I would write her back if she wrote me. I asked her if she wanted me to accompany her to the Gare St. Lazare train station where she was going to catch her train and she said yes. When we got there we looked at a time-table and saw that a train was leaving in 10 minutes. But then she noticed that another train was leaving in an hour and 10 minutes and she asked me if I wanted to get a drink with her in the meantime. Of course I said, yes. So we went and got a drink (and I made very sure not to leave my drink unattended since I figured if I got up she was going to slip me a mickey and that I would wake up in a few hours in a hotel bathtub covered in ice with my kidneys missing).

But as it turns out, all that happened was that I walked her to her train and just as the train was leaving, I said au revoir and kissed her hand. As I watched the train leaving, I felt a combination of sadness and joy that I had never before experienced in my whole life.

The next day, I flew back to America. We wrote each-other for about two months before I finally called her. Then we spoke regularly for the next 6 or so months until I went to visit her in Switzerland. We then went back and forth visiting each-other for the next three years.

And then we got married.

That's a beautiful story wiegie.

But I saw her picture on TALLEuropeanBridesForShortAmericans.com too.

1452795[/snapback]

Fixed

Edited by rocknrobn26