[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

bye, bye, kobe

montster

I'm not sorry to see him go as I've been a big critic of his this year.

However, he really changed the way he played this series (at least most of the series). Got his teammates involved (which I didn't think he would EVER do). Was really strange to see him not at least attempt to take the game over tonight in the second half as the Lakers were down so many points.

All in all the better team won and second round in the West should be very good basketball.

Kobe is still the best player in the NBA his team just sucks!

1456095[/snapback]

:D His agent encourages you to keep telling people that. He adds that you should point out just how great the rest of the Cavaliers are that Lebron is blessed to play with ... :D

:D  His agent encourages you to keep telling people that.  He adds that you should point out just how great the rest of the Cavaliers are that Lebron is blessed to play with ...  :D

1456171[/snapback]

The Lakers would win twenty games without Kobe.

:D  ..... playing the Clips! :D

1456489[/snapback]

I don't think they beat the Suns with Lebron and that existing cast in LA. It probably ends up similar.

We'll see how Lebron does this round against a powerful NBA team like Detroit. Granted they are better then Phoenix but Phoenix is clearly better then the Washington team then the Cavs beat.

Kobe is still the best player in the NBA his team just sucks!

1456095[/snapback]

I think Odom is a pretty good player. If Kobe is so great he should do more with the talent around him by making them that much better. Very similar to what Jordan did.

Its weird how Kobe, is probably the most hated NBA player, while being arguably the best.

And then in baseball we have Bonds, who is not the best currently but still enemy # 1.

Kobe never cheated on the court. Kobe is not a raciest. They both are bad teammates.

Iverson Is a selfish player, he does not get the same negative pub.

I would love to have Kobe on the bulls, will all the baggage.

Just some random thoughts

Its weird how Kobe, is probably the most hated NBA player, while being arguably the best.

And then in baseball we have Bonds, who is not the best currently but still enemy # 1.

Kobe never cheated on the court. Kobe is not a raciest. They both are bad teammates.

Iverson Is a selfish player, he does not get the same negative pub.

I would love to have Kobe on the bulls, will all the baggage.

Just some random thoughts

1457496[/snapback]

I hate Kobe because he's a rapist and he chased two Hall of Fame players out of LA.

All of these athletes sleep around, Kobe just did it the wrong way. Its just my opinion but i think that girl wanted to have sex with him.

and him cheating on his wife has nothing to do with scoring more points. it is fair to blame him for breaking up the Lakers.

I mean ray Lewis gets more respect in the public eye, while being suspected of being a murderer.

I think Kobe is part of this complex we have in America.

We love to find and underdog and built him up. And when he is on top we love to take him down.

I feel real weird defending Kobe, since im not his biggest fan mainly because I see him as a selfish player.

When Kobe can out of high school at 18, and played real well, America fell in love with him. He was new, he was the next Jordan. He (and garnet) is why every NBA team wanted to get high school players. Even many "experts" were making claims that he is better than Jordan at that age. And that Kobe will keep on getting better

So this is when we were building him up

And after the all-star Lakers and Colorado we started to take him down.

Maybe I should not have used the word underdog. But I do believe that we like to build people up, and then take them down. Like Sosa, bonds, britney spears, tom cruise.

I think when a player/star is new we don’t know much about them, so we build them up, they have a talent. Cause we just know the "good" about them. Then when those stars are on top, the next step is to take them down. And find skeletons in the closset Only a few are able to sustain a high likeability threw the whole career.

Only a few stars escape this. For example no one blames Jordan for bulls break up (2 times). i hold him about 30% accountable for the break up.

Jim Thome is another player, he just played in Cleveland last week with a White Sox uniform, and most of the fans were booing him. And he is a classy guy. When frank Thomas will come as an Oakland player I made sure to get a ticket so that seat will be one with a fan cheering during the starting line up and first at bat. Cause I will not forget franks numbers and contribution. And frank has a lot more reasons to be disliked than Jim Thome.

Kobe is an amazing player, don't get me wrong. But he has screwed up time after time, driving Shaq out of LA, the fueds that always took place, and whenever I watch him play he is such a baby. He complains about getting fouled on every play, is always yelling something at the refs, etc, etc.

Kobe is an amazing player, don't get me wrong. But he has screwed up time after time, driving Shaq out of LA, the fueds that always took place, and whenever I watch him play he is such a baby. He complains about getting fouled on every play, is always yelling something at the refs, etc, etc.

1457926[/snapback]

that's exactly why i can't stand him. tnt interviewed him during game 7 about raja bell defending him. kobe basically said (and i'm paraphrasing, although he used almost these exact same words), "bell is a good defender, but i can still score on him anytime i want." hey :D THAT'S NOT THE POINT. kobe scored 50 on the suns in game 6, and his team still lost. he's an egomaniacal moran who would rather be the star of a middling team than a co-star of an annual title contender.

that's exactly why i can't stand him. tnt interviewed him during game 7 about raja bell defending him. kobe basically said (and i'm paraphrasing, although he used almost these exact same words), "bell is a good defender, but i can still score on him anytime i want." hey  :D THAT'S NOT THE POINT. kobe scored 50 on the suns in game 6, and his team still lost. he's an egomaniacal moran who would rather be the star of a middling team than a co-star of an annual title contender.

1458145[/snapback]

:D Not to mention it is easy to score 50 points when you put up 30+ shots plus take 15+ free throws.