[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

bye, bye, kobe

montster

When Kobe can out of high school at 18, and played real well, America fell in love with him. He was new, he was the next Jordan. He (and garnet) is why every NBA team wanted to get high school players. Even many "experts" were making claims that he is better than Jordan at that age. And that Kobe will keep on getting better

So this is when we were building him up

And after the all-star Lakers and Colorado we started to take him down.

Maybe I should not have used the word underdog. But I do believe that we like to build people up, and then take them down. Like Sosa, bonds, britney spears, tom cruise.

I think when a player/star is new we don’t know much about them, so we build them up, they have a talent. Cause we just know the "good" about them.  Then when those stars are on top, the next step is to take them down. And find skeletons in the closset Only a few are able to sustain a high likeability threw the whole career.

Only a few stars escape this. For example no one blames Jordan for bulls break up (2 times). i hold him about 30% accountable for the break up.

Jim Thome is another player, he just played in Cleveland last week with a White Sox uniform, and most of the fans were booing him. And he is a classy guy. When frank Thomas will come as an Oakland player I made sure to get a ticket so that seat will be one with a fan cheering during the starting line up and first at bat. Cause I will not forget franks numbers and contribution. And frank has a lot more reasons to be disliked than Jim Thome.

1457906[/snapback]

I understand what you are saying and probably shouldn't have brought up the underdog thing. I cannot stand Kobe and have NOT liked him since he was drafted. He is your typical spoiled athlete that has gotten everything because of their gift. I also didn't like the Jordan comparisons because I believe Jordan is/was the best player in the history of the NBA. Let's not forget that Jordan actually played defense and had more of a desire to win than ANYONE has had, especially now.

:D  Not to mention it is easy to score 50 points when you put up 30+ shots plus take 15+ free throws.

1458394[/snapback]

Easy is an interesting word to use there. Here is the stat line. Not sure many NBArs could put up this line. For the record the shooting % was 57%. Turnovers sucked of course but I know a Mr. Lebron who put up 10 in a game last series.

Name Min FG 3Pt FT Off Reb Ast TO Stl Blk PF Pts

K. Bryant 52 20-35 5-8 5-6 1 8 5 7 3 0 4 50

Maybe it seems I am sticking up for him but I think a lot of this crap has been blown out of proportion. Shaq has never been the best teammate, ask Penny Hardway about that one. We'll see what happens with D.Wade down the line.

2nd: The Rape? I'm maybe 30/70 that a rape occured, I think it was consensual which means he is guilty of infidelity which is a no no in my book. I have to think 80% of the NBA are unfaithful to their wives.

Yeah he's selfish at times but I don't know of an NBA star who isn't selfish at times especially when they don't feel they can rely on their teammates. Mr. Jordan was the same way.

Past few years I never thought I would defend Kobe but I feel more inclined to these days.

Easy is an interesting word to use there.  Here is the stat line.  Not sure many NBArs could put up this line.  For the record the shooting % was 57%.  Turnovers sucked of course but I know a Mr. Lebron who put up 10 in a game last series.

Name Min FG 3Pt FT Off Reb Ast TO Stl Blk PF Pts 

K. Bryant 52 20-35 5-8 5-6 1 8 5 7 3 0 4 50 

Maybe it seems I am sticking up for him but I think a lot of this crap has been blown out of proportion.  Shaq has never been the best teammate, ask Penny Hardway about that one.  We'll see what happens with D.Wade down the line.

2nd:  The Rape?  I'm maybe 30/70 that a rape occured, I think it was consensual which means he is guilty of infidelity which is a no no in my book.  I have to think 80% of the NBA are unfaithful to their wives.

Yeah he's selfish at times but I don't know of an NBA star who isn't selfish at times especially when they don't feel they can rely on their teammates.  Mr. Jordan was the same way.

Past few years I never thought I would defend Kobe but I feel more inclined to these days.

1458637[/snapback]

I just dislike Kobe. I don't care about the supposed rape, as I believe that was a set up and she wanted to do it and get some bling out of it.

I do agree everyone is dumping on Kobe. I do believe that to get to "star" status you have to be selfish to a certain extent just to get the recognition. A lot of comes down to being on Sports Center as well. How many times do you see a highlight of someone driving and dishing to a wide open man, not often. But when a ball-hog drives past all five guys, takes 4+ steps plus a jump-hop for a thundering dunk, that is on every single time.