[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints MLB info

Bockwoldt will get first crack at MLB. Apparently Gibbs likes him alot. Simmons & 3rd round pick Fincher will also get a shot, but right now Colby is the favorite.

1458845[/snapback]

Does the Doberman Fincher have any value? I have him stashed on my taxi squad in a dynasty league, but he did not see the field much in his rookie season.

Any insight on him, rajn?

Does the Doberman Fincher have any value?  I have him stashed on my taxi squad in a dynasty league, but he did not see the field much in his rookie season.

Any insight on him, rajn?

1460355[/snapback]

He was injured last year, but he'll get a shot this year. I'd hold on to him, but I'd wait to promote him. If he doesn't break the starting lineup this year then cut ties, but being that MLBs generally score better it's worthwile to keep him a little longer.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like they are trying Fincher and Colby @ MLB...with Fincher getting the reps currently

per KFFL

Saints | Fincher working in the middle

Sat, 3 Jun 2006 07:13:50 -0700

Jimmy Smith, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports New Orleans Saints LB Alfred Fincher, who last season played primarily on special teams, took the bulk of the repetitions at middle linebacker at practice Friday, June 2.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Saints | Bockwoldt back at outside linebacker

Sat, 3 Jun 2006 07:09:46 -0700

Jimmy Smith, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports New Orleans Saints LB Colby Bockwoldt, who had played primarily in the middle during the first minicamp in April, was back at his more familiar left outside linebacker position during practice Friday, June 2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From mini-camp back in April:

Saints | Team shuffles linebackers

Sat, 8 Apr 2006 10:55:10 -0700

Les East, of The Advocate, reports the New Orleans Saints shuffled their starting lineups during minicamp. LB Colby Bockwoldt moved from weakside linebacker to the middle. LB Scott Fujita was used at weakside linebacker and LB Anthony Simmons was used at strongside linebacker.

Edited by Hitman

Looks like they are trying Fincher and Colby @ MLB...with Fincher getting the reps currently

per KFFL

Jimmy Smith, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports New Orleans Saints LB Alfred Fincher, who last season played primarily on special teams, took the bulk of the repetitions at middle linebacker at practice Friday, June 2.

:D Beautiful! Go Alfred! I was worried I'd have to give up on him. Thanks Hitman!

• 4 weeks later...

Latest I've seen at KFFL

Saints | Fincher not worried about depth chart placement

Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:44:29 -0700

Chris Pika, of NewOrleansSaints.com, reports New Orleans Saints LB Alfred Fincher said he's not worried about where he is on the depth chart. Instead, he's more focused on improving as a player. "Every day, I go out there and try to compete for a starting job," said Fincher. "Right now, they might have me at the number one slot, but that means nothing to me. I am just going to try to get better and continue to focus on what I can do to help the team and if they wind up putting me at the one spot, then I wind up there. I am going to take care of what I can to get there."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saints | Fincher jumps past Bockwoldt

Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:02:09 -0700

Larry Holder, of the Biloxi Sun-Herald, reports New Orleans Saints LB Alfred Fincher has jumped past LB Colby Bockwoldt for the No. 3 linebacker spot.

Looks like he might get his chance ( dumb me - just traded him a week ago) :D

per KFFL

-----------------------------------------------------------

Saints | Bockwoldt back at outside linebacker

Sat, 3 Jun 2006 07:09:46 -0700

Jimmy Smith, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports New Orleans Saints LB Colby Bockwoldt, who had played primarily in the middle during the first minicamp in April, was back at his more familiar left outside linebacker position during practice Friday, June 2.

From mini-camp back in April:

Saints | Team shuffles linebackers

Sat, 8 Apr 2006 10:55:10 -0700

Les East, of The Advocate, reports the New Orleans Saints shuffled their starting lineups during minicamp. LB Colby Bockwoldt moved from weakside linebacker to the middle. LB Scott Fujita was used at weakside linebacker and LB Anthony Simmons was used at strongside linebacker.

This sounds ike they are trying them at different positions on different days. It sounds like an open competition.

I think the LB'ers will make Josh Bullocks better as the safeties will clean up the mess the LB'ers start.