[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the worst movie....

BigMikeinNY

Anything with Clair Forlani in it can't be the worst ever IMO.    :D

1459205[/snapback]

Good info here

Oh and Fear.com was awful

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rented Last House on the Left based on a Huddlers post (I think it was Az).

It was complete and utter crap.

edit : it was Bushwacked that liked the film. I could see how it was cutting edge for 1972, but it was low budget and campy.

1459248[/snapback]

Wait a darn minute :D That is a cult classic. The original release is gone now and all that's left are edited versions. I've seen it 4 times on TV/DVD and each one was edited differently.

And there are a lot of good movies being trashed in this thread. Traffic, As Good As It Gets, Mulholland Drive, Soylent Green????? Whats wrong with you people?

Now you want to see a bad movie. Try sitting thru "The Life Aquatic" I have never walked out of a movie before, but I did on that little gem.

In fact, make a double feature. Add Lost Highway......

Name one movie that has any 5 of those things.

1459471[/snapback]

Dude, Aliens has 7 of them. Alien has 4 1/2 (no boobs but Sigourney does run around in her underwear). Both smoke Starship Troopers.

Of course, I LIKE Starship Troopers - it's brilliant political satire masquerading as a big stoopid action flick. OK, maybe not "brilliant," but nonetheless...

EDIT:

Alien:

1. Aliens

3. Things blowing up

4. Boobs

8. Spaceships

9. More aliens, in bug form

Aliens:

1. Aliens (cripes, it's the movie's NAME!; I think it should get a coupla bonus points for that)

2. Guns

3. Things blowing up

6. Fun, cheesy dialogue

7. More things blowing up

8. Spaceships

9. More aliens, in bug form

Edited by Chavez

I have never walked out of a movie before, but I did on that little gem.

1459577[/snapback]

Thanks for triggering my memory. The Fifth Element, by leaps and bounds the worst movie I've ever seen in a theater.

Thanks for triggering my memory.  The Fifth Element, by leaps and bounds the worst movie I've ever seen in a theater.

1459617[/snapback]

This movie had:

1.  Aliens

2.  Guns

3.  Things blowing up

4.  Boobs

6.  Fun, cheesy dialogue

7.  More things blowing up

8.  Spaceships

1459147[/snapback]

Name one movie that has any 5 of those things.

1459471[/snapback]

By darin's list, he must have LOVED The 5th Element.

I sure liked it - I wouldn't call it "good" but it IS fun.

Dude, Aliens has 7 of them. Alien has 4 1/2 (no boobs but Sigourney does run around in her underwear). Both smoke Starship Troopers.

Of course, I LIKE Starship Troopers - it's brilliant political satire masquerading as a big stoopid action flick. OK, maybe not "brilliant," but nonetheless...

EDIT:

Alien:

Aliens:

1459613[/snapback]

Loved Aliens. Alien was good too of course.

By darin's list, he must have LOVED The 5th Element.

I sure liked it - I wouldn't call it "good" but it IS fun.

1459627[/snapback]

Didn't LOVE it, but certainly enjoyed it. I <3 Milla.

Loved Aliens.  Alien was good too of course.

Didn't LOVE it, but certainly enjoyed it.  I <3 Milla.

1459631[/snapback]

I think I'm going to use your "Doogie Scale" to rate movies from here on out.

I'm a pretty passive movie watcher. If I'm sitting down, I don't get up until its over ... and I tend to forget them (good or bad) pretty quickly.

But, off the top of my head:

The Timothy Dalton iterations of the James Bond franchise are pretty brutal

Eyes Wide Shut lost me after about 15 minutes

Fifth Element ... possibly was waaaaay too tired when I saw it to appreciate it

Aeon Flux ... despite Charlize Theron, it was a brutal film

Oh it's not in my top-10... top 10 "guy" movies, though probably... :D

1459512[/snapback]

It gets the seal of "movies that when I'm flipping the channels and it's on, I may watch for a bit." Not too many on that list so it's a worthy designation.

1459613[/snapback]

100% agree. I think the intended tone was kinda over the heads of the general public (and a miscalculation by the director of what most people wanted out of the movie), however, I too found it to be a decent take on politics set in a popcorn sci-fi genre. It's no Aliens and it's not meant to be. Aliens is a far better movie, but Starship Troopers is actually a lot of fun when watched in the right context IMO.

I'm a pretty passive movie watcher.  If I'm sitting down, I don't get up until its over ... and I tend to forget them (good or bad) pretty quickly.

1459651[/snapback]

+1

But it seems to me like the worst movie I ever paid to see, and the fact that it has stuck in mind for so long speaks volumes, is Saturn 3 with Kirk Douglas and Farrah Fawcett.

I'm sure I've probably seen worse on television though.

Edited by Grits and Shins

"Sword of the Barbarians"

Had one barbarian and no sword.

Worst ever without a doubt.

EDIT: We should limit this to films we have actually paid money and gone to a theater to see. THere is plenty of dogsh!t for free on cable....

Edited by cre8tiff

Any movie made by the Lifetime network.

1459788[/snapback]

:D

Don't watch Lifetime network.

There was this one sci-fi flick that I can not remember the name of ... ship in deep space ... they find an alien that looks like a big red baloon (tomato).

That is all I can remember ... other that it was a horrible flick.

Ok, you guys haven't even scratched the surface of bad movies. There are movies that are SOO bad that they can't even make Mystery Science Theater 3000 fer goodness sakes. For example, take this classic clunker from Ed Wood: Orgy of the Dead. Here's all I can tell you about it. There's a car wreck, some insipid dialog, the king of hte underworld and some minions (basically some drunks Halloween costume), more insipid dialog, some not so hot topless chicks dancing with insipid dialog interspersed between shots, sun rise, final insipid dialog, the end.

To say I'd rather watch an all day Oprah fest than this movie should tell you something.

The sequel was a straight-to-video farce of the first; perhaps that's what he was refering to.  However, even *that* was better than say, oh, 'As Good As It Gets' or 'About Schmidt.'

1459165[/snapback]

You didn't like 'As Good As It Gets' ? I thought that was a great movie.

Some people like it but I could not sit through Three Amigos

Worst ever!

1459456[/snapback]

Wow, I Oprahing love that movie !!!!!