[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pistons/Cavs

Puddy

No actually I'm quite serious.  I was listening on the radio not watching but when I heard that Wallace and Z went down and there was a foul call I thought, excellent, we get the ball back.

Detroit doesn't have an inside presence, offensively, so Ilgauskas, Varajao, Gooden, and even Marshall are almost interchangable.

Also, everybody knocked Mike Brown for having the Cavs foul Wallace in the middle of 1 of the early blowouts, but did it plant the idea in Wallace's head that the Cavs might use that strategy later on?  Free throws are as much about confidence (ability to relax and shoot) than anything else and I think, even though it did no good at the time, it did plant the idea which came to fruition late in game 5.

1477126[/snapback]

Well Z wasn't trying to foul Ben, it just kind of happened.

2nd: Ben is a terrible FT shooter, obviously, but it's been even worse the past year or two, not just since game 1 or 2. He would have missed those FT's no matter what happened in the first few games. It's that bad currently. We all cringe when he gets fouled.

Brown isn't the first coach to use that strategy, maybe earlier in the game then most would but it's been an obvious strategy with Shaq and even Ben.

You are correct that it's 99% confidence because when I go to the game and watch pregame warmups I see Ben making a lot of jumpers and Freebies. It's all mental.

As a Cavs fan I could see how you would have been very happy when you heard Z fouled Ben with x seconds left because I know I cringed when I seen who was on the deck. My brother cheered because he thought it was Dyess; I go, no dude, that's Ben and we both shook our heads.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peestons ESCAPE...  how pissed would Billups have been if he tipped that ball in.  Cavs will go down in flames in Detroit.  No way the Peestons lose at home in Game 7.  :hopingthatIjustjinxedthem:

1478521[/snapback]

Can't believe Wallace missed it and got away with possibly blowing the series. :D

:whew:

Oh and Darin  :D

1478609[/snapback]

+1..Championship defense ..23 pts in the 2nd half..Big Hats off to the Cavs though. This series elevated Lebron to an even higher status then what he had before. I remember talk during the year that he couldnt hit the big game winning shot. That theory is done and this guy will dominate for many years to come. Great series.

Edited by whomper

I haven't heard or read it anywhere but I think Lebron was hurt. He hurt his ankle at the end of the half and he only drove to the hoop twice the entire 2nd half, and even then he didn't elevate to shoot.

Anybody else notice this?

Not saying the Pistons didn't deserve to win ... they did ... it just was totally out of character for Lebron to disappear and not even handle the ball in the 2nd half.

I haven't heard or read it anywhere but I think Lebron was hurt.  He hurt his ankle at the end of the half and he only drove to the hoop twice the entire 2nd half, and even then he didn't elevate to shoot.

Anybody else notice this?

Not saying the Pistons didn't deserve to win ... they did ... it just was totally out of character for Lebron to disappear and not even handle the ball in the 2nd half.

1480691[/snapback]

Yup he was really dinged. Oh well, he'll be there again.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahah, nice T-Mobile commercial, Peeston fans.

No I love you more. 

No you hang up first.

Ben Wallace, you sold out, chump!

Laughable!  :D

1482330[/snapback]

If that's our biggest criticism, I'll take it. :D

No I love you more. 

No you hang up first.

1482330[/snapback]

Haven't seen it yet.

It must hurt to be out of the playoffs especially two game 7 losses to Nash and the boys.

No I love you more. 

No you hang up first.

1482330[/snapback]

Why so anti Piston Dman ? They are a great example of team basketball..Old school. Defense oriented..Very unassuming cast of charectors..Are that in love with the star oriented no D playing west ? Come on bro. Give credit where its due..You're better then that :D

Haven't seen it yet.

It must hurt to be out of the playoffs especially two game 7 losses to Nash and the boys.

1482606[/snapback]

Two? I am no Laker fan. I was a HUGH Laker fan in the 80's. HUGH. But I hate, and I stress hate Kobe. I was a Shaq fan when he first got here, but then even he started to annoy me.

He's still angry about the Peestones knocking out his Lakers.

1482863[/snapback]

:D And you are?

Why so anti Piston Dman ? They are a great example of team basketball..Old school. Defense oriented..Very unassuming cast of charectors..Are that in love with the star oriented no D playing west ? Come on bro. Give credit where its due..You're better then that  :D

1482902[/snapback]

Let's see... first off, I cannot stand Rasheed Wallace. I want to pop him in the grill. Oh yeah, he's REAL "unassuming". :D

And I swear to David Stern, if I hear "DEEEEEEEEEEETROIT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASKETBALLLLLLLLLLLLL" one more time, I am going to throw my Nikes through my TV. How can anyone with more than three brain cells find that NOT annoying? Seriously?

If it's any consolation, I'm starting to hate the Spurs as much as I hate the Peestons. Tim Duncan is a big baby. And Ginobili, although he "plays hard", is a flopping Euro. I'm glad the Mavs knocked them out. What a hugh game last night. Defending champs, game 7, in their crib. Booya.

Speaking of the Mavs, how are they (or the Suns for that matter) a star-oriented team? Yeah, the Mavs have Nowitzki and the Suns have the MVP, but these two teams EPITOMIZE the team offense AND defense (OK maybe not the Suns) concept. Look at the Mavs' team: no-names like Diop shutting Duncan down in OT, Jason Terry having a hugh game after his 1-game suspension, rising stars Josh Howard and Devin Harris. Come on. The Mavs are a TEAM... and have improved their defense DRAMATICALLY since Avery Johnson took the helm. As for the Suns, I don't think I need to detail how their offense works. When rollin', they are next to impossible to stop.

Sorry, my hate for the Pistons is deep-rooted. The "Bad Boys" ultimately changed the NBA. Check out ESPN.com's Page 2 columnist Bill Simmons. He will break it down for you. Essentially both the Pistons and Knicks teams of the late 80's and early 90's completely changed the landscape of the NBA, ultimately leading to the "dark" years (late 90's, early 2000's). It's not just me, believe me...

We are gonna have a tough series against the Heat. the last thing we needed was for Shaq to get some rest. this series IMO is the real championship series. I do not think either of the West teams can play the defense needed to win it.

While we are mentioning things that irritate...when will Marion get the props he deserves? he has led his team all year and every write-up about them is about Nash. I still love Nash as a basketball player despite the media,but IMO he is the most overrated player in NBA history.

And I swear to David Stern, if I hear "DEEEEEEEEEEETROIT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASKETBALLLLLLLLLLLLL" one more time, I am going to throw my Nikes through my TV. How can anyone with more than three brain cells find that NOT annoying? Seriously?

I'm going to choke that f*cker myself.

Two?  I am no Laker fan.  I was a HUGH Laker fan in the 80's.  HUGH.  But I hate, and I stress hate Kobe.  I was a Shaq fan when he first got here, but then even he started to annoy me. 

:D  And you are?

Let's see... first off, I cannot stand Rasheed Wallace.  I want to pop him in the grill.  Oh yeah, he's REAL "unassuming".  :D

And I swear to David Stern, if I hear "DEEEEEEEEEEETROIT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASKETBALLLLLLLLLLLLL" one more time, I am going to throw my Nikes through my TV.  How can anyone with more than three brain cells find that NOT annoying?  Seriously?

If it's any consolation, I'm starting to hate the Spurs as much as I hate the Peestons.  Tim Duncan is a big baby.  And Ginobili, although he "plays hard", is a flopping Euro.  I'm glad the Mavs knocked them out.  What a hugh game last night.  Defending champs, game 7, in their crib.  Booya.

Speaking of the Mavs, how are they (or the Suns for that matter) a star-oriented team?  Yeah, the Mavs have Nowitzki and the Suns have the MVP, but these two teams EPITOMIZE the team offense AND defense (OK maybe not the Suns) concept.  Look at the Mavs' team:  no-names like Diop shutting Duncan down in OT, Jason Terry having a hugh game after his 1-game suspension, rising stars Josh Howard and Devin Harris.  Come on.  The Mavs are a TEAM... and have improved their defense DRAMATICALLY since Avery Johnson took the helm.  As for the Suns, I don't think I need to detail how their offense works.  When rollin', they are next to impossible to stop. 

Sorry, my hate for the Pistons is deep-rooted.  The "Bad Boys" ultimately changed the NBA.  Check out ESPN.com's Page 2 columnist Bill Simmons.  He will break it down for you.  Essentially both the Pistons and Knicks teams of the late 80's and early 90's completely changed the landscape of the NBA, ultimately leading to the "dark" years (late 90's, early 2000's).  It's not just me, believe me...

1482982[/snapback]

Point taken on Rasheed. I happen to Love the bad boys and the Mason / Oakley knicks. I think its a west coast east coast thing. You probably prefer a fast break type of Basketball..I think the state of basketball is in the crapper based on the Starberry mentality..Its pretty evident by our team USA performances that are all about showboating and no one plays D. A lot of the europeans are bringing back some of the fundamentals IMO other then that I welcome Detroit type of hoops. By no means am I a major hoops fan and I cant go toe to toe with an avid Basketball fan but from a laymans POV Pistons basketball is beautiful..