[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bench clearing brawl

Dbaxx

Pierzynksi (White Sox) barrels over Barrett (Cubs) on a throw to home and Barrett throws a cheap shot at A.J....benches clear and 4 people ejected. The fines will be flying!

Disgustying. Dusty Baker has taken this team and turned it into a bunch of whiny, sore losing, no accountability punk-ass biscuitsheads who employ some of the worst baseball players ever (NPerez is one of the worst hitting MLB'ers in the HiSTORY of the game to get over 2000 plate appearances) in their slide into less than obscurity.

The GM, Jim Hendry, allows the coach to let his players start fights (Barret has done so repeatedly, and now twice in 2 weeks), snipe at their radio announcers who were correctly calling them out in the past, and just simply behave as if there's no accountability.

They've ruined this team. At least when they were 'the lovable losers' that meant they'd show up to TRY to win, andthey lost with class. Now, they're acting like no talent punks with a sense of entitlement. I can't root for them anymore, at least until management is changed - drastically.

Disgustying. Dusty Baker has taken this team and turned it into a bunch of whiny, sore losing, no accountability punk-ass biscuitsheads who employ some of the worst baseball players ever (NPerez is one of the worst hitting MLB'ers in the HiSTORY of the game to get over 2000 plate appearances) in their slide into less than obscurity.

The GM, Jim Hendry, allows the coach to let his players start fights (Barret has done so repeatedly, and now twice in 2 weeks), snipe at their radio announcers who were correctly calling them out in the past, and just simply behave as if there's no accountability.

They've ruined this team. At least when they were 'the lovable losers' that meant they'd show up to TRY to win, andthey lost with class. Now, they're acting like no talent punks with a sense of entitlement. I can't root for them anymore, at least until management is changed - drastically.

1479978[/snapback]

Some guy dropped Barret today and I added him :D

1479978[/snapback]

:D Whoa, dude.

Some guy dropped Barret today and I added him  :D

1480086[/snapback]

He'll be a nice edition to your bench for the 10 day suspension he will undoubtedly receive!

1480121[/snapback]

I'd have added him in a NY minute.

Wood's arm would have been toast under any regime.

1481485[/snapback]

I'd debate that. He wasn't handled properly, and the same thing has now happened to Prior. It really is infuriating, and this weekend pushed me past where I thought I could go as a fan.

Read me

1481638[/snapback]

All well and good - but what does it prove? Wood's realse point has only ever been part of the issue: it's the follow up with hsi arm as he throws across his body that stressed it out. Solid coaching would have corrected that. instead he was allowed to pitch like that.

Also, in 2003 those 2 were #'s 1+3 in all of the MLB in # of pitches thrown. They haven't been the same since.

All of that is coaching: if a fan with a website can figure stuff out why cna't professional coaches on a major legue payroll?

Barret deserves 25 games for that crap he pulled.  AJ did nothing wrong at home plate.  Yea it stinks to get ran over by another human being, but its part of the game.  Hope he gets suspended for 3 weeks.

1481862[/snapback]

When will the suspension come?? :D

All well and good - but what does it prove? Wood's realse point has only ever been part of the issue: it's the follow up with hsi arm as he throws across his body that stressed it out. Solid coaching would have corrected that. instead he was allowed to pitch like that.

Also, in 2003 those 2 were #'s 1+3 in all of the MLB in # of pitches thrown. They haven't been the same since.

All of that is coaching: if a fan with a website can figure stuff out why cna't professional coaches on a major legue payroll?

1481689[/snapback]

Oh I know, wasn't trying to prove any point. Just a good read - well written piece. I am not sure "solid coaching" would have totally corrected his release/follow-through. That's just the way he throws; tweaking that could have limited his effectiveness. We'll never really know. But of course, as we DO know, the Lovable Losers needed SOMETHING to hold on to and yeah, perhaps they rushed both Wood and Prior along. But I'm not too sure poor coaching/management/general management had EVERYTHING to do with it.

Barret deserves 25 games for that crap he pulled.  AJ did nothing wrong at home plate.  Yea it stinks to get ran over by another human being, but its part of the game.  Hope he gets suspended for 3 weeks.

1481862[/snapback]

:D Were you right there at home plate? I GUARANTEE Pierzynski said something deratogatory towards Barrett. Anyone that knows the MLB knows he's a sh*t-talking pr*ck. And as I recall, he had already been called safe and he showed Barrett up by emphatically slapping home plate for effect. Cheap shot? Maybe, perhaps. What defines a cheap shot? They were tussling, obviously a "fight" had started. Doesn't "fighting" normally include punches? Tell me Pierzynski wouldn't have done the same thing in Barrett's cleats and I'll call BS. Barrett made a mistake and like the quality MLB'er he is, came right out and said so.

Barrett should be suspended for the "typical" amount of games for being involved in an in-game fight. :D Just 'cuz he actually landed a good blow doesn't mean he should be out for any extra time. :D

:D  Were you right there at home plate?  I GUARANTEE Pierzynski said something deratogatory towards Barrett.  Anyone that knows the MLB knows he's a sh*t-talking pr*ck.  And as I recall, he had already been called safe and he showed Barrett up by emphatically slapping home plate for effect.  Cheap shot?  Maybe, perhaps.  What defines a cheap shot?  They were tussling, obviously a "fight" had started.  Doesn't "fighting" normally include punches?  Tell me Pierzynski wouldn't have done the same thing in Barrett's cleats and I'll call BS.  Barrett made a mistake and like the quality MLB'er he is, came right out and said so. 

Barrett should be suspended for the "typical" amount of games for being involved in an in-game fight.  :D  Just 'cuz he actually landed a good blow doesn't mean he should be out for any extra time.  :D

1482172[/snapback]

Wow.

So he slapped the plate. Big deal. So MAYBE he used some words - were YOU at home plate? He slapped the plate, rans his jaw and decided to pick up his helmet. That's it Darin.

Despite AJP's past, Barrett pulled a punk stunt on this and can in no way, shape or form be given the type of slack you're giving him. AJP might be a clown, but no I don't think he would have cold cocked some guy for making sure he was safe at home. You can call BS on that, but we'll A) never know and B - it doesn't matter because Barrett did that. In fact, Barrett has come out and said his resonse was the wrong one, and in doing so AFAIC he proved your above statemetn wrong.

20 games should be right, otherwise MLB is allowing room for catchers to plonk people at home. Nice time to do it, going into the IneterlEague stretch where now he can't bat DH and we have to reaplce him with Freddie Bynum.

Wow.

So he slapped the plate. Big deal. So MAYBE he used some words - were YOU at home plate? He slapped the plate, rans his jaw and decided to pick up his helmet. That's it Darin.

Despite AJP's past, Barrett pulled a punk stunt on this and can in no way, shape or form be given the type of slack you're giving him. AJP might be a clown, but no I don't think he would have cold cocked some guy for making sure he was safe at home. You can call BS on that, but we'll A) never know and B - it doesn't matter because Barrett did that. In fact, Barrett has come out and said his resonse was the wrong one, and in doing so AFAIC he proved your above statemetn wrong.

20 games should be right, otherwise MLB is allowing room for catchers to plonk people at home. Nice time to do it, going into the IneterlEague stretch where now he can't bat DH and we have to reaplce him with Freddie Bynum.

1483642[/snapback]

Pierzynski would have the same thing if someone showed him up like that. He's a punk and deserved to be knocked down a peg or two. Should Barrett be given the room to cold-coq him or anyone else? No, I'm not saying that.

Edit: Coq = "ultimate driving machine"... nice.

Edited by darin3

Pierzynski would have the same thing if someone showed him up like that.  He's a punk and deserved to be knocked down a peg or two.  Should Barrett be given the room to cold-coq him or anyone else?  No, I'm not saying that.

Edit:  Coq = "ultimate driving machine"... nice.

1483649[/snapback]

Well, I don't think slapping the plate after a play at the plate is showing anyone up. Barrett was flat on his back, and has said he didn't even see it. Not to mention, Barrett had grabbed AJP and was holding him in place for the The ultimate driving machine punch.

:D

Well, I don't think slapping the plate after a play at the plate is showing anyone up. Barrett was flat on his back, and has said he didn't even see it. Not to mention, Barrett had grabbed AJP and was holding him in place for the The ultimate driving machine punch.

:D

1483684[/snapback]

:D even after he was already called safe????