[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

YOU WANT SOME OF THIS?

Chavez

:D

Five robbers picked the wrong victim in Midtown Atlanta last night and one of them paid with her life.

The victim, Thomas Autry, fought back; killing one robber and wounding another. Three other suspects are in jail.

Autry was walking to his girlfriend's home after getting off work as a waiter at Jocks and Jills.

The five suspects pulled up in a car and confronted the victim in the 500 block of Penn Street just before midnight.

Autry began running down the street yelling for help. Residents who heard him called 911. While he was running, Autry pulled a pocket knife from his backpack.

Two of the robbers jumped from the car. When one of the robbers pointed a shotgun at him, the Autry kicked it out of his hands.

At that point two of the robbers jumped on the victim. During the struggle he stabbed both of them. One, a 17-year-old female who has been identified as Amy Martin, died of her wounds. Officials say Martin was 2 weeks pregnant. A second is in critical condition.

Amy's mother, Alesher Zeigler, says, "She was trying to fit in... and this new boyfriend she was with he just totally changed her, totally changed her." Zeigler says Amy's boyfriend was also involved in the robbery.

Police arrived on the scene and with a description of the car; they quickly arrested the three other suspects.

Other suspects arrested were identified as Christopher Daniel, 19, of Atlanta; Kendall Barksdale, 18, of Atlanta; Christopher Hayes, 18, of Douglasville and a 16-year-old male juvenile. They will all be charged with aggravated assault and armed robbery.

Thomas Autry, who is a former U.S. Marine, will not be charged since police say he was acting in self defense. Officials say Autry is extremely remorseful.

Today Autry told Channel 2 that he was, "...just trying to protect myself. I'm sorry."

He's a better man than I am - I would have had NO remorse.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No remorse killing a pregnant woman?? wow

I Am all for self-defense- but these were kids, it would be pretty hard to not be remorseful after killing a teenage mother.

1492115[/snapback]

"Kids" would go right out the f*cking window the second the shotgun was pointed in my general vicinity.

EDIT: So would pregnant, for that matter.

Edited by Chavez

"Kids" would go right out the f*cking window the second the shotgun was pointed in my general vicinity.

EDIT: So would pregnant, for that matter.

1492123[/snapback]

+1 ( :D has that been copyrighted yet?)

Actually the hero in the story is the mother of the dead girl, who doesn't blame the mark of this crime.

It's obviously self defense, especially since a gun was involved (this was no screwdriver attack), but it is always sad to see a teenager, those notoriously unbalanced members of our society (tell me you were adjusted in any way shape or form at that age) die.

it is always sad to see a teenager, those notoriously unbalanced members of our society (tell me you were adjusted in any way shape or form at that age) die.

1492133[/snapback]

I was no role model but I somehow managed not to run around robbing people with shotguns.

I Am all for self-defense- but these were kids, it would be pretty hard to not be remorseful after killing a teenage mother.

1492115[/snapback]

I can see myself having no remorse for killing anyone who was part of an attack where I thought they were trying to kill me.

Y'all are some HARD HARD peeps. Gimme a break, like you would not have any remorse for killing a woman carrying a baby who was a teenager???

Some tough times out there, not saying the action isn't warranted, but you are a stone cold liar or killer if you honestly think you would not be remorseful.

1492115[/snapback]

You missed the part about her being one of the attackers, right? She put herself in that situation, the victim didn't. She deserved to be taken out of the gene pool.

Actually the hero in the story is the mother of the dead girl, who doesn't blame the mark of this crime.

It's obviously self defense, especially since a gun was involved (this was no screwdriver attack), but it is always sad to see a teenager, those notoriously unbalanced members of our society (tell me you were adjusted in any way shape or form at that age) die.

1492133[/snapback]

I was no role model but I somehow managed not to run around robbing people with shotguns.

1492136[/snapback]

Hmm...same here. :D

I do agree with Sac on the mother of the dead girl; at a time when you know she is going through some trauma because of her child's death, she doesn't take the stand that wildcat is.

Y'all are some HARD HARD peeps. Gimme a break, like you would not have any remorse for killing a woman carrying a baby who was a teenager???

1492148[/snapback]

If my memory kept going back to her standing next to the guy with the shotgun ready to take my wallet, I'd save my sympathy for her unborn child, but wouldn't have much for her.

Gimme a break, like you would not have any remorse for killing a woman carrying a baby who was a teenager???

1492148[/snapback]

If it had been a car accident, or something like that I'd feel AWFUL.

But again, I don't think I'd be able to convince myself that when I stabbed someone after they got in my face, chased me down after I ran, pulled a gun on me, and jumped me wasn't putting themselves at tremendous risk for what just happened to them.

You missed the part about her being one of the attackers, right?  She put herself in that situation, the victim didn't.  She deserved to be taken out of the gene pool.

Hmm...same here.  :D 

1492150[/snapback]

you guys are being a little dense here. nobody is making excuses for the dumb chick or her crimes. but the fact that she had to die, along with the unborn life inside her, is an unfortunate one. was her death necessary given the situation she helped to create? maybe so. was the marine guy justified in using lethal self-defense? absolutely, no question whatsoever. but if you're human, i would imagine it's STILL a bit of a downer to have a pregnant teenage girl die by your hand.

Edited by Azazello1313

1492136[/snapback]

I remember seeing the movie "kids" which was supposed to be a real shocking film about precociously evil kids with no moral compass. I recognized myself and all my peers in that film, the only difference was that my era was slightly more innocent.

I made some terrible moral decisions as a teenager (drugs, unprotected sex, lying stealing) , the only thing that spares me from this girl's fate is that I didn't have the same awful temptations that she did, and that I wasn't exposed to those temptations.

I am not so sure about my moral mettle at that age. Are you?

I made some terrible moral decisions as a teenager (drugs, unprotected sex, lying stealing) , the only thing that spares me from this girl's fate is that I didn't have the same awful temptations that she did, and that I wasn't exposed to those temptations.

I am not so sure about my moral mettle at that age.  Are you?

1492170[/snapback]

Now Sac, you know I'm a bleeding-heart who wishes there was some way to give all teenagers an equal opportunity to make the CORRECT choices in life.

This girl made the wrong choices, and at 17 she should have been old enough to know better. I'm not going to defend dabbling in drugs or not wrapping that rascal, but there's a BIG difference between smoking a joint and mugging someone with a gun.

you guys are being a little dense here.  nobody is making excuses for the dumb chick or her crimes.  but the fact that she had to die, along with the unborn life inside her, is an unfortunate one.  was her death necessary given the situation she helped to create?  maybe so.  was the marine guy justified in using lethal self-defense?  absolutely, no question whatsoever.  but if you're human, i would imagine it's STILL a bit of a downer to have a pregnant teenage girl die by your hand.

1492166[/snapback]

:D Different strokes for different folks. These people attempted to use deadly force, and then gang-jumped the guy. He didn't create the situation and attempted to flee. He wasn't allowed to flee. I can't say I wouldn't feel remorse, but I also can't say that I would. My gut leans towards wouldn't.

you guys are being a little dense here.  nobody is making excuses for the dumb chick or her crimes.  but the fact that she had to die, along with the unborn life inside her, is an unfortunate one.  was her death necessary given the situation she helped to create?  maybe so.  was the marine guy justified in using lethal self-defense?  absolutely, no question whatsoever.  but if you're human, i would imagine it's STILL a bit of a downer to have a pregnant teenage girl die by your hand.

1492166[/snapback]

every now and then, I agree with az.

1492166[/snapback]

I'm sure if a pregnant teenage girl died at my hand, even though she was an attacker, I may feel some remorse. I can't positively say I would or wouldn't as it would have to happen to me. Upon hearing this story, I don't feel sympathy for her. Granted, the unborn child was innocent and the victim of a stupid mother.

It seems to me the "oh yeah, by the way, an unborn child was in the belly of one of the attackers" is one of the media's angles to instigate emotional response...kind of like "a plane went down in Peru today...and there were 10 children on board"...why sensationalize it? OK, that is getting way off topic...:D

Anyway, upon even further review, I would probably feel remorse. I say that because I was pickpocketed by a chick once and she was caught and I felt bad when the cops asked if she was the person who took my stuff (as if the fact it was in her pockets wasn't enough). So, yeah, I'd feel bad for the dead chick.

Full circle has now been reached... :doah:

This girl made the wrong choices, and at 17 she should have been old enough to know better. I'm not going to defend dabbling in drugs or not wrapping that rascal, but there's a BIG difference between smoking a joint and mugging someone with a gun.

1492185[/snapback]

Just as there might be a big difference in disarming someone with a shotgun, then proceeding to stab a 17 yr old girl to death and put another person in critical condition.

Edited by godtomsatan

Just as there might be a big difference in disarming someone with a shotgun, then proceeding to defend yourself from 2 other attackers that jump you while the guy that lost the shotgun picks it up and gets ready to shoot you.

1492228[/snapback]

fixed.

Edited by Caveman_Nick