[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

YOU WANT SOME OF THIS?

Chavez

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well get to reading

1494572[/snapback]

if the abortion is done at less than 13 weeks, 97% are fine and 2.5% have minor complications. from 1993 to 1997, the fatality rate from legally-induced abortions was 0.0008%.

what the hell are you reading?

if the abortion is done at less than 13 weeks, 97% are fine and 2.5% have minor complications.  from 1993 to 1997, the fatality rate from legally-induced abortions was 0.0008%.

what the hell are you reading?

1494739[/snapback]

Oh I thought u were talking babies ..Yah know full term... im sure they have no long lasting psychological damage.. Its easy as going to mcdonalds... :D

Oh I thought u were talking babies ..Yah know full term... im sure they have no long lasting psychological damage.. Its easy as going to mcdonalds... :D

1494855[/snapback]

hey, i'm no fan of the procedure. i'm just reacting to your challenge that getting an abortion puts the mother's life in danger.

hey, i'm no fan of the procedure.  i'm just reacting to your challenge that getting an abortion puts the mother's life in danger.

1494878[/snapback]

any procedure does... just going to the hospital does.. walking across the street does

no, bullchit wedgie.  my argument is specifically that i DO NOT KNOW where to draw the line between the mother's right to control her own body and the "interests" of the budding life within her.  i am quite certain that the government has absolutely no business whatsoever outlawing the birth control pill.  i am not sure at all that the government has no interest proscribing the circumstances when a partial birth abortion should be allowed.  which means, in my opinion, the fetus obtains moral agency sufficient to justify government protection sometime AFTER fertilization but BEFORE birth.  there is absolutely nothing intellectually dishonest about that position whatsoever, but i admit the question of where to draw that line and how, and under which moral and political principles, is an incredibly difficult one.  in any case, this weak "all-or-nothing" bullchit is more worthy of spain's crude intellect than someone carrying a PhD, wedgie.

1494478[/snapback]

I agree with the idea that my points were off. Let me restate them (in a way that I don't think you will have a problem with):

1) If you think that life begins at conception, then you can't be in favor of allowing any abortion except for those that will save the mother's life.

2) If you think that abortion should be allowed because to limit abortion would be to violate a woman's right to control her own body, then you cannot be in favor of any law prohibiting any abortion up until the moment the umbilical cord is cut.

I agree with the idea that my points were off.  Let me restate them (in a way that I don't think you will have a problem with):

1) If you think that life begins at conception, then you can't be in favor of allowing any abortion except for those that will save the mother's life.

2) If you think that abortion should be allowed because to limit abortion would be to violate a woman's right to control her own body, then you cannot be in favor of any law prohibiting any abortion up until the moment the umbilical cord is cut.

1495065[/snapback]

Just to boost this ridiculous hijacked thread, I'll address this, fishing expedition or not. I do not choose to explain my views on this subject, but justs for arguments sake a baby would be able to live without the mother far prior to the umbilical cord being cut in a full term pregnancy, and many would argue that this would be a much different situation than an earlier abortion.

:D

Edited by ChuckB

Just to boost this ridiculous hijacked thread, I'll address this, fishing expedition or not. I do not choose to explain my views on this subject, but justs for arguments sake a baby would be able to live without the mother far prior to the umbilical cord being cut in a full term pregnancy, and many would argue that this would be a much different situation than an earlier abortion.

:D

1495073[/snapback]

True - but if the argument as wiegie states is for a woman to control her own body, and strictly speaking, the fetus is still a part of her body as it is attached to her, then I agree with his statements.

Of course your rebuttal makes a lot more sense in practical terms but doesn't address the strict rules of wiegie's point.

1495065[/snapback]

this is wrong, because you don't have to say a woman has ABSOLUTE control over her own body. one CAN assert that she has a very STRONG interest over her own body, one that overrides all other interests UNTIL, for example, the fetus inside her would be viable outside her womb.

"Kids" would go right out the f*cking window the second the shotgun was pointed in my general vicinity.

EDIT: So would pregnant, for that matter.

1492123[/snapback]

exzachary.

It is sad as hell for the kid but GDB people like that getting pregnant in the first place anyway.

Semper Fi you mo fo's.

I agree with the idea that my points were off.  Let me restate them (in a way that I don't think you will have a problem with):

1495065[/snapback]

Apparently wiegie has decided gray areas are for pansies.