[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In ten minutes my boss gets out of a meeting

cliaz

I'm assuming by choice here? It's hard to see someone find an excuse for being out of work right now with a 4.6% unemployment rate.

Well, admitedly I didn't try too hard to look for the remaining part of 2005. But I've been actively looking for work since about February and had my first interview yesterday. Having a degree is over-rated. Experience is key and I have none in my field (finance). I was a day trader which offers no experience in the finance world.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, admitedly I didn't try too hard to look for the remaining part of 2005. But I've been actively looking for work since about February and had my first interview yesterday. Having a degree is over-rated. Experience is key and I have none in my field (finance). I was a day trader which offers no experience in the finance world.

intern somewhere :D

Yeah, he should mention something but his boss may not do anything. My wife had an idiot for a boss and for the longest time another senior account manager would take 2.5 hour lunches and then leave early, usually leaving the work for my wife to do. She finally mentioned it to her boss but nothing ever came out of it. She continued to travel and then put in 15 hour days. That was 4 months ago. My wife now has a new job at a great company with a 42% pay increase.

Don't do anything drastic, confront your boss and if nothing happens then look for another job.

DANG you make twoobs work? Lessee you have fineness AND she brings home a paycheck?

ummm

:D

It's hard to see someone find an excuse for being out of work right now with a 4.6% unemployment rate.

Hey college boy, what's the underemployment rate?

Why don't you get some real life experience before making the broad Reaganesque proclamations you hear on your AM radio before making comments like that.

Edited by godtomsatan

Yeah, he should mention something but his boss may not do anything. My wife had an idiot for a boss and for the longest time another senior account manager would take 2.5 hour lunches and then leave early, usually leaving the work for my wife to do. She finally mentioned it to her boss but nothing ever came out of it. She continued to travel and then put in 15 hour days. That was 4 months ago. My wife now has a new job at a great company with a 42% pay increase.

Don't do anything drastic, confront your boss and if nothing happens then look for another job.

I can confirm this. They also let her stay in nice hotel rooms. :D

Edited by chiefjay

Check with Blitz. He is the one all concerned about fair and $hit. :D

The best thing I can do is tell you to look at your checking and savings account balances and stretch that out for the rest of your life. That's one way to avoid the death tax for sure.

Never quit a job unless you already have another one lined up.

Cliaz - my advice to you is to take the high road out: give your 2 week notice and show up for 2 weeks. Don't burn a bridge or give them room to provide a bad reference. it's VERY hard for formere employers to give bad references nowadays anyways but CYA, know what I mean?

other than that: sometimes the best thing you can do in your life is to say "no." :thumbup:

Cliaz - my advice to you is to take the high road out: give your 2 week notice and show up for 2 weeks. Don't burn a bridge or give them room to provide a bad reference. it's VERY hard for formere employers to give bad references nowadays anyways but CYA, know what I mean?

other than that: sometimes the best thing you can do in your life is to say "no." :thumbup:

Good info here.

DANG you make twoobs work? Lessee you have fineness AND she brings home a paycheck?

ummm

Definitely don't MAKE her, it's her decision to work. We'll see how that changes when we finally have kids. :D

Edited by twiley

Why don't you get some real life experience before making the broad Reaganesque proclamations you hear on your AM radio before making comments like that.

That's all I seek. Good advice. :D

Definitely don't MAKE her, it's her decision to work. We'll see how that changes when me finally have kids. :D

I just hope those Twoobs aren't affected too much but I know they will be. :D