[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another underclassmen making a mistake IMO

Puddy

I watched a fair amount of MSU games, and while Brown has the most raw talent on the team, he would greatly benefit by staying his senior year.

Brown staying in draft, leaving Michigan State

By LARRY LAGE, AP Sports Writer

June 8, 2006

AP - Jun 8, 12:34 pm EDT

More Photos

EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) -- Shannon Brown will keep his name in the NBA draft and skip his senior season at Michigan State, the shooting guard said Thursday.

Brown, who averaged 17.2 points, 4.4 rebounds and 2.7 assists last season, was regarded as an early second-round pick or late first-round pick. But following strong workouts, he is a projected first-round pick.

Brown worked out for the New Jersey Nets, the New York Knicks, the Philadelphia 76ers, the Indiana Pacers, the Boston Celtics, the Memphis Grizzlies and the Chicago Bulls.

Brown said he got positive feedback, but no guarantee he'll be a first-round pick in the June 28 draft.

The 6-foot-4 Brown, who shared team MVP honors with Paul Davis and Maurice Ager, had until June 18 to pull his name out of the draft.

Brown is an athletic, explosive player that can score on dunks, 3-pointers or mid-range jumpers and is a good defender. He is not considered a good ballhandler, a weakness he will have to improve in the NBA to create his own shots.

Without Brown, Michigan State might have its worst season in a decade. The Spartans already knew they were going to lose seniors Davis and Ager, each possible first-round picks. Ager, Davis and Brown combined to average 54 of 74 points for Michigan State last season.

Point guard Drew Neitzel, a junior next season, is the only player returning with extensive starting experience. Power forward Matt Trannon might not be back next year because the receiver may choose to focus solely on preparing for the NFL draft.

Shannon Brown seems like he is climbing the boards somewhat. I saw him play in high school and the guy is a freak. The NBA will always have room for freak athletes like him. I'm not sure also if staying another season would in fact help him all that much considering how poor the team could be as a whole.

You guys slapped Puddy around here a bit.

As a Spartan Hater I have no problem with him going Pro.

This is far less of a mistake then then guard from Lansing a few years ago, Marcus Taylor or even Charlie Bell a few years before him.

Marcus Taylor??? :D what ever did happen to the next Magic??

Shannon Brown should take 1st rd guaranteed $$$. Although- he doesn't have a position in the NBA.

A 6'3 SG that can't shoot?? he has the athletic ability alone to get drafted- after that he is kind of a project.

Marcus Taylor??? :D what ever did happen to the next Magic??

Shannon Brown should take 1st rd guaranteed $$$. Although- he doesn't have a position in the NBA.

A 6'3 SG that can't shoot?? he has the athletic ability alone to get drafted- after that he is kind of a project.

Ever hear of Jason Richardson?

Darin- cmon- 1 example- the list of flameout 6'3 athletic guys is ridiculously long.

The list of flameouts, despite size, is long... PERIOD. Rather give the money to a guy coming from a top-notch program, personally.

I watch a good deal of Big Ten hoops, and I recall this guy's got some decent skills.

As a few have noted, above, MSU's team is going to be pretty thin next season, so perhaps it's a good "investment" on his part to come out now.