[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you regularly call people republican, democrat, conservative, or liberal

proninja

Consider this a public service announcement.

Political affiliation has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence. If someone identifies themselves with a certain political party and your first thought is "wow, he must be a smart guy" you may or may not be right, but it is for certain that you are not a smart guy. Also, if someone brings forth an opinion, and you respond with "typical repugnitard comment there" and the thread has absolutely nothing to do with politics, not only are you an idiot, but you're a hijacking troll as well. If you assume that I'm a democrat, and since you're a democrat you think I'm smart, well, guess what? Well, in that case you're right, but you're still dumb.

Political affiliation is an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. I like green, you like blue. Same thing. If I call you stupid for liking green, what am I? An idiot.

Thank you for listening. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

(in before the sarcastic political comments which will not annoy me at all as I expect them. TIA.)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you assume that I'm a democrat, and since you're a democrat you think I'm smart, well, guess what? Well, in that case you're right, but you're still dumb.

:D I had never assumed you were a democrat. :D

Sounds like someone is tired of being called names. :D

Me? Not at all. I typically don't partake in the political threads. Make no mistake, this is not a defensive thread, it is purely meant to help poor special people.

Edited by proninja

I'll post my reply to this message in this thread.

cerwin>hi

Hello

As the original college boy on these boards, let me help you out a little bit.

Okay... let's see what you have to offer.

#1 - You don't really know anything. That's ok, ignorance and stupidity are two totally different things, and most every college kid in the history of the world is pretty ignorant of the real world, simply due to a lack of experience that is impossible to come by except through time.

This makes sense. I've heard this a million times from my dad. What about the stupids that boast about their "wisdom".

#2 - You may disagree with people here, but understand that you have absolutely no understanding of politics/taxes/etc and how they play out in real life, because you haven't ever had to deal with it or be affected by it. Again - that's ok.

I'll disagree with ya on this one. Just because I am younger doesn't mean I don't understand politics or taxes. Even though I've had less of my tax dollars wasted by the government doesn't mean I don't understand what is going on.

#3 - The more you learn, the more you will realize you don't know. If you take offense to what I'm writing, well, it shows that you've got a lot to learn. I sure did.

No offense taken. I believe you.

#4 - Enjoy college. It is not a job. Not even close. This will most likely be the easiest part of your life for the next 30 years.

I've spent a lot of time enjoying college and still have at least 4 years left including law school. Can't say I will enjoy all of it because I won't.

#5 - When you graduate, forgo getting a job right away and get your ass to europe for as long as you can possibly afford.

Been there done that. I'd love to do it again though.

That is all for now.

Thanks for the sincere advice. I'm still a conservative.

Don't you find it a little odd that the majority of college students are left wing nutcases yet you are telling me that once I grow up more I will become more moderate? In reality isn't it the other way around? Don't more liberal college students get into the real world and find themselves thinking more conservative?

Edited by thecerwin

Don't you find it a little odd that the majority of college students are left wing nutcases yet you are telling me that once I grow up more I will become more moderate? In reality isn't it the other way around? Don't more liberal college students get into the real world and find themselves thinking more conservative?

Yes they do. these guys are just pushing your buttons. once out of College you enter the real world and that is when you figure out what is really going on. you got a jumpstart on many people your age and should be proud.

#1 - The most wise people I know are also the most humble.

#2 - What you describe is knowledge. What I'm talking about is understanding. Do you understand the difference there?

#4 - Your worst day in college is still a picnic compared to your average day at work.

Why do you assume I'm trying to talk you out of your political affiliation?

I went to the UW business school. Go Huskies. :D

#1 - The most wise people I know are also the most humble.

#2 - What you describe is knowledge. What I'm talking about is understanding. Do you understand the difference there?

#4 - Your worst day in college is still a picnic compared to your average day at work.

Why do you assume I'm trying to talk you out of your political affiliation?

I went to the UW business school. Go Huskies. :D

#1 - I agree with that. I am still young, brash, and exceedingly handsome.

#2 - Maybe?

#4 - What about finals week?

I assume democrats are always trying to talk me out of my political affiliation because I go to school with a very liberal student body, liberal administration, and liberal profs. Conservatives can do no right on a college campus. My beliefs are always under attack. Half these people complain about the government not taking care of them. My response is for them to take care of themselves.