[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Classified Section

I made this suggestion a while back on the main Football board, but since things don't get bumped down so fast in here I will post it again.

Would it not make some sense to put up a classifieds forum for people to post openings for leagues or to advertise for new leagues? There is not place for these type of posts, and they end up cluttering up the main board and the Tailgate.

Just a thought....

We've actually discussed adding both a "find league / find owner" and mock forums. As traffic picks up on the site in July you may see those added. Right now we are weighing the impact of dispersing the community more with new forums while things are a bit slow around here.

We've actually discussed adding both a "find league / find owner" and mock forums. As traffic picks up on the site in July you may see those added. Right now we are weighing the impact of dispersing the community more with new forums while things are a bit slow around here.

Personally I like the mocks happening in the main forum, because it creates the kind of discussion that that forum should be used for. I guess there could be a place for filing mocks after they are done along with any discussion threads for later reference, but IMHO the best place for that already exists...make another subsection of the Fantasy University you guys cooked up. Doing this would make the handling of the mocks the same as the player ratings and discussion you are conducting already. Honestly, I see these things as needing to be together anyways. It's the place to go study nothing but player info.

The classified forum could go down with the league forums, since that's probably the most appropriate spot, and then it wouldn't clutter up the top section with the main content.

Personally I like the mocks happening in the main forum, because it creates the kind of discussion that that forum should be used for. I guess there could be a place for filing mocks after they are done along with any discussion threads for later reference, but IMHO the best place for that already exists...make another subsection of the Fantasy University you guys cooked up. Doing this would make the handling of the mocks the same as the player ratings and discussion you are conducting already. Honestly, I see these things as needing to be together anyways. It's the place to go study nothing but player info.

The classified forum could go down with the league forums, since that's probably the most appropriate spot, and then it wouldn't clutter up the top section with the main content.

This makes a lot of sense, very good idea Caveman.

More dang league proposal threads for leagues from members with less than 20 posts then football threads :D

Looking for dedicated managers I can depend on year to year. This year my league is only $20, but it'll more than likely go UP next year. If interested, please PM or email me, so I can send you more information.

Edited by broncosn05

please, i beg of you, make this happen

Even if they did, understand that the old timers here are prolly reluctant to sign w/ a noob that has no track record. It's too easy to scam! JMHO

why not set up a separate place where those looking for new owners can go? that would pull all these threads out of the NFL talk and Fantasy Advice boards ... :D

I first saw tonorator make the above suggestion, so it is him I quoted. Obviously others have had the same idea.